[Serie A] Juventus 2-0 FC Inda Wuhan [March 8th, 2020] (7 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
In the first game in Milan Inter used completely different tactics. Specifically, they moved the ball quickly, using short to medium passes and quick movement in midfield throughout its entire width. This time Conte simplified their tactics to the level where it became too easy for Juventus to deal with it: whenever Inter got the ball, they just threw it to Lukaku, who, without close support from the Inter's midfield, was neutralized by Bonucci in the air. Even though the game was slow and lethargic, they didn't even try anything else. When it became obvious that their plan doesn't work, Conte had neither plan B (which was absolutely clear after he didn't react to the first goal) nor the motivation for his players.

Tonight's Inter was one of the worst I've seen in the last 10 years. Juventus played well, but didn't have to use even half of their potential or strength. This game shouldn't mislead anyone. Even Lyon is much more dangerous opponent than Inter we saw in this game.
A long post based purely on guesswork.

Int** played the same way in first game (and ended up relying solely on ball to Lukaku), and our tactics neutralized theirs just the same. Diff was Lukaku won almost all duels against de Ligt - and that kept them in the game - while the opposite happened vs Bonucci this game.

This isn't anywhere near the worst int** of past 10 years.

- - - Updated - - -

What I don't understand is why they couldn't keep up the tempo (which wasn't uber intense to begin with) for duration of the game after all that time off. Running has been one of their strengths under Conte.

Maybe break had the opposite effect. Made the muscles go cold and made them stop and reflect and soak in that ambience.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Hurr Durr game shouldn't be postponed, not fair Rube mafia

FIF after the game

Considering how "fun" those games behind closed doors are, yes, it kinda defeats the purpose of holding any tournaments if this covid thing doesn't go away.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
A long post based purely on guesswork.

Int** played the same way in first game (and ended up relying solely on ball to Lukaku), and our tactics neutralized theirs just the same. Diff was Lukaku won almost all duels against de Ligt - and that kept them in the game - while the opposite happened vs Bonucci this game.

This isn't anywhere near the worst int** of past 10 years.

- - - Updated - - -

What I don't understand is why they couldn't keep up the tempo (which wasn't uber intense to begin with) for duration of the game after all that time off. Running has been one of their strengths under Conte.

Maybe break had the opposite effect. Made the muscles go cold and made them stop and reflect and soak in that ambience.
They tried to press us hard but we somehow always seemed to get out of it. I think we made a single mistake in the first half while trying to get out of the press. Matuidi lost the ball in the left flank next to our penalty area.
I guess they tired out eventually and the pressure became increasingly ineficient and hard to maintain. Bentacur's form was the catalist because he seemed to always make the right decision when pressed.
Slowpoke Pjanic seems to always need a couple a seconds to decide where to pass the ball, usually backwards, nowadays.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
They tried to press us hard but we somehow always seemed to get out of it. I think we made a single mistake in the first half while trying to get out of the press. Matuidi lost the ball in the left flank next to our penalty area.
I guess they tired out eventually and the pressure became increasingly ineficient and hard to maintain. Bentacur's form was the catalist because he seemed to always make the right decision when pressed.
Slowpoke Pjanic seems to always need a couple a seconds to decide where to pass the ball, usually backwards, nowadays.
I think it was psychological too. Their heads def dropped after we scored the first. Pervading int** malodorous aura and history kicked in.

And yeah, we tend to make mistakes when pressed, this was diff with Ben10 as regista. Don't know if Conte pressed a little more knowing that or the usual amount. From what I've seen they always seem to press and generally show good stamina.

- - - Updated - - -

DC the same rating as MDS :lol:
Higuain was equally ineffective but gets the same mark as Ronaldo.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
3-5-2 only works when you have WC wing-backs. Inter's wing-backs Young and Candreva are mediocre.
Whilst this is true, the bigger requirement is to have a serious engine due to how much ground they need to cover. And they have two 30+ physically declining players here.
Seeing Candreva and Young have to sprint from their own half to close down our full backs when receiving the ball from Tek for all of the first half, it was clear they had no chance of maintaining that.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Inter fans after getting Marotta and Conte: Woohoo end of Juve domination. We will crush them.

Inter looses both Seria A games to Juventus this season. When did that happen last?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
just watched the highlights in the weekly serie a show on local tv. they showed 2 inda chances: brozovic's shot in the first half, and the one after de sciglio's blunder. i loved how we completely neutralised them.

fun fact: the last time inda scored a goal in the stadium was in 2015.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Ramsey in his peak are the best Mezzala we have, he need to play with more space in front of him.

Ramsey as trequartista is not really great because the movement of our striker so predictable and he does not have space. If he is fit he can provide more build up play from midfield

Bentancur proved solid, he has good first touch to avoid opponent marking. And his pass accuracy is pretty high. But he need improve much on his long ground passes to provide run for winger or attacker

The surprise package is Matuidi who excel with his stamina to cover the left side and provide for CR7

Dybala movement in his goal is golden as he humiliated Ashley Young not only one but twice. His movement is sharp and he is quick with his decision.

CR7 play important part but he try to put it the further way for goalkeeper to catch and that makes his finishing just miss by inch to the side. In injury time through pass from Dybala should have been a goal. Better luck and calmness next time and he will surely find the net. It is just sad he does not score to break more record

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Inter fans after getting Marotta and Conte: Woohoo end of Juve domination. We will crush them.

Inter looses both Seria A games to Juventus this season. When did that happen last?
Under Conte!

- - - Updated - - -

Ramsey in his peak are the best Mezzala we have, he need to play with more space in front of him.

Ramsey as trequartista is not really great because the movement of our striker so predictable and he does not have space. If he is fit he can provide more build up play from midfield

Bentancur proved solid, he has good first touch to avoid opponent marking. And his pass accuracy is pretty high. But he need improve much on his long ground passes to provide run for winger or attacker

The surprise package is Matuidi who excel with his stamina to cover the left side and provide for CR7

Dybala movement in his goal is golden as he humiliated Ashley Young not only one but twice. His movement is sharp and he is quick with his decision.

CR7 play important part but he try to put it the further way for goalkeeper to catch and that makes his finishing just miss by inch to the side. In injury time through pass from Dybala should have been a goal. Better luck and calmness next time and he will surely find the net. It is just sad he does not score to break more record

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk
He gave the ball prior Dybala's goal from something 60 meters.That was pretty accurate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)