[Serie A] Juventus 1-2 Catania, Dec 20th, 2009 (22 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm all for change, believe me. However, if we were to get another complete novice or no name coach like Marco Cannelloni for example, I would rather we stick with Cheerio Ferrero.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Fair is fair, I was wrong. It's your Street Fighter buddy up there that said it last week. He's the one that should be happy. Thrilled, actually. Ciro will probably still be coach this time tomorrow.
yes, I said it....

I thought for sure that Ciro would be out with this loss, but I have to remember that were dealing with a bunch of idiots now in charge of our team

i also said it because i know we wont win any more games with Zero in charge

Max

Jul 15, 2003
yes, I said it....

I thought for sure that Ciro would be out with this loss, but I have to remember that were dealing with a bunch of idiots now in charge of our team

i also said it because i know we wont win any more games with Zero in charge
Boh, maybe soon. Love you, Vin. :kiss:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
So, Vin, are you boycotting our games until the end of the season in protest at the shit Ciro and his troops are spewing week in, week out?

Btw, I don't condone the pelting of our team bus with eggs; however, I find it difficult to condemn the fans who pay money to come and watch their team perform, but instead end up suffering match after match as a result of these spineless, gutless displays. I would be frustrated too!

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
So, Vin, are you boycotting our games until the end of the season in protest at the shit Ciro and his troops are spewing week in, week out?

Btw, I don't condone the pelting of our team bus with eggs; however, I find it difficult to condemn the fans who pay money to come and watch their team perform, but instead end up suffering match after match as a result of these spineless, gutless displays. I would be frustrated too!
nah bro, I cant boycott them, even though I am disgusted at what I'm seeing, along with everyone else

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
:beer:

It was for reasons other than getting a break from the horror show... i think it was a tribute to the two youth players that drown, Alessio Ferramosca and Riccardo Neri?
if thats the case , then thats pretty touching

here I just thought they had it on because it is a cool song

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Yeah it was. There were children that came out and let balloons off into the air and then the camera zoomed in on a large picture of two young footballers in Juve's serie B kit. One was wearing a goalie jersey so i guessed that the two were ale and Ricci. It was very moving indeed.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Juve's fans in turin are probably among the worst football fans that i've ever seen.

Instead of standing behind the team and supporting our players in these difficult times they made things worse with the insults and all these stupid acts.

Whats the point of having fans when you don't support you're team during crises?
so they are not supporting their team, when they rant about players but here you guys do flame players 24/7 and the guys that stand in the stadium do at least support the team by buying a ticket ...

the members here are not any better then those whistlers in the stadium

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
The fans are right to do what they did. They're putting pressure on the club. You want unconditional affection? Liverpool fans give that - look how fucked up they are, their management moves at their own pace, and nothing ever changes.

Juve11

Mar 3, 2008
In opening, I will always love Juve and I will always suppert us!

But what happend to Juventus, we are not even a shadow of even last years team! We must reinforce the CB situation quick smart as we need more pace in there Legra and Canna are too slow!

We must play Marchisio in CM were he plays his play and either play Gia or let him leave its a waste of a talent in my opinion.

Trez and DP are too slow now I love them to death. Amauri gets nothing no wonder he doesent score if he played for Ason Villa he would score more.

We have no wingers and 5 Central Midfielders with 4 of them defensive midfielders (Seccos fault).

Diego is a creator but needs some pace to help him!

In closing PLEASE PLEASE get rid of secco he is the heart of the problem! Bringing in Canna, Tiago and Poulsen was bad enough but then to sign a defensive midfielders who we really didnt need for massive amounts of money isint good enough (no offence to Melo who will be a good player) but you cant play Marchisio, Poulsen, Sissoko, Tiago and Melo at once espically out wide.

Im upset about this and cant see much changing untill Chellini and Iaquinta are back!

Sep 14, 2003
The fans at the stadium had it right: This team has no balls. When things go tough, most of them go MIA. That is something I can't remember at all from past Juve teams.

Losing games is part of football, but I'll never accept the attitude some of these cowards have displayed recently.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
A home loss against last placed Catania. Looks like we have really hit rock bottom now.

First of, I don't think we deserved to lose this one. Not that we played a great, or even good game (first half was one of our worst performances yet), but this truly is a harsh result.

Had we approached the 1st half in the same manner as the second, we would not have needed to take chances at the back near the end of the game.
Really strange that, considering our recent run of games, we still start games in such a lacklustre manner.
Makes you wonder if there are some players who just don't give a damn. Sure, part of the blame goes to the coach because he choses the tactics and formations. But I feel that the players who do receive a starting spot should at least try to do something.

Manninger 5 - I'm obviously not blaming him for the loss but it's difficult to rate him as he had very little to do.
Caceres 5 - Sloppy game. His positional problems were there for everyone to see.
Legrottaglie 5,5 - Some excellent tackles & positioning coupled with some glaring mistakes. Possibly our only player who was better in the 1st half than in the 2nd.
Cannavaro 5,5 - Mixed the good with the bad. Shaky 1st half, improved in the 2nd.
Grosso 5,5 - Quite dangerous going forward at times but he always made the wrong decision(s). At times insecure in defence, but he did make a few necessary interventions.
Marchisio 6 - Nothing brilliant, but probably our best player out there.
Melo 3 - Nice to see that he's working hard to counter all the criticism that he has received.
Tiago 4 - Pretty poor, even when you don't consider the foolish foul in our area.
Diego 5,5 - Credit where it's due: nice assist and some other good moves. He needs to think & act a lot faster though and at times he just looks so clueless.
Amauri 5 - Tried to get involved but was simply not good enough.
Trezeguet 5 - Comparable to Amauri.

Salihamidzic 5,5 - Calm finish & 1 other good attacking move. But I wasn't really that satisfied with his work in the middle. Sure, he was an improvement over Melo but that's not saying much. Hell, we could replace Melo with a cardboard box and it would also be an improvement.
Giovinco 4,5 - Rather poor. Still, we should do everything possible to grant him a starting spot after the winter break.
Del Piero 5 - Only a very limited impact on the game.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Salihamidzic 5,5 - Calm finish & 1 other good attacking move. But I wasn't really that satisfied with his work in the middle. Sure, he was an improvement over Melo but that's not saying much. Hell, we could replace Melo with a cardboard box and it would also be an improvement.
What was his position yesterday? :shifty:

He was on the right side in the midfield trio and even though his instincts were pushing him on the wing, his role was different yesterday and he didn't play as a winger. I saw him in the center a lot, playing a typical CM. For some 2-3 minutes he even covered the left side while Seba played on the right and pretty often he could be seen at the edge of the box or even inside Catania's box.

He didn't play since August (when he played LB) so your dissatisfaction with his work in the middle is understandable. Plus, he played in a midfield trio, which might have been the first time in his life that he played in such position.
But what confuses me is what was his role supposed to be? I like versatility and I like it when players switch positions during the match to confuse the opponent. It implies that the coach is involved in the game and there is a plan.
But the way Brazzo was moving yesterday didn't look like a plan to me.
If Ferrara gave him a free role and if the plan was to add more bodies in attack, then good and since Brazzo did score a goal, kudos to Ferrara for that sub he made.
But in a team where no-one seems to know his role Brazzo's inclusion in the team added even more confusion.

Başıbozuk is a turkish word for the irregular soldiers in the army that worked without any kind of discipline and without a leader. That's how our team looks lately and that's the first word I could think of when I watched Brazzo perfectly representing how the team looks right now. No idea where to move, no plan, headless chicken working on his own.
Bah, at least he scored and was a danger in one or two more occasions. The others don't do even that.

lil zlatan

Mar 5, 2006
Ratings from La Stampa.

Manninger 6
Caceres 5,5
Legrottaglie 5,5
Cannavaro 6
Grosso 5
Marchisio 6,5
Felipe Melo 5
Tiago 4,5
Diego 5,5
Trezeguet 5
Amauri 5

Salihamidzic 6
Giovinco 5,5
Del Piero 5,5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)