[Serie A] Juventus 1-1 Torino [February 18th, 2022] (9 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I was told the strikers were the main problem. DV has played 1/4 games so far on an acceptable level. He is not the only one to blame ofc, but this is becoming a trend throughout his season at Fiorentina too. Although he seems like a physical player he struggles when others are physical with him. Fucking Rugani dominated him in Turin.

Allegri is asking the strikers to do too much. You can play on counters, but your forwards can't be playing with their back to the goal every single fucking time.

If they renew Dybala I am fucking losing it. How can you watch this guy for the last 3 years and say he is a good investment for the future, as a leader, as the highest earner....

It's time Allegri goes to 4231. 433 with the trident is no difference defensively, it only makes it worse because Dybala is not tracking those fullbacks so wide midfielders have to cover and we get so pinned back. At least have the winger there to help the FB.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
The strikers were never the problem, our creativity is. we dont have an attacking plan, Allegri is unable to provide us with one. And we don't have creative midfielders, we only buy defensive midfielders. Our only creative midfielder is old Cuadrado and we have turned him into a wing back, because we never really replaced Cancelo.
Today we have lost the CL spot, Agnelli ought to quit!

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Awful result and beyond pathetic performance. This is mostly on Allegri and his awful tactics and substitutions. Trying to sit back and play counter against every team we play lately, when we aren’t good enough defensively to hold on to our slender leads just doesn’t work anymore.

We are in real danger of missing out on the top 4 and that will be absolutely catastrophic for this club. And Allegri should go too if that’s the case.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's not logical to think you can squeeze out results every time you play. Even Capello's two walls of four with some of the best players in the world dropped points playing like shit from time to time. This is hardly a successful strategy in modern football.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
A very bad game. Granted I have never seen this kind of backline. Maybe on FM when the game wants to make fun of you.

A AMR (masquerading as a RB), a LB(masquerading as a CB) a CB and a LB(or whatever Pellegrini played today)

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
So many weak individual performances today including Vlahovic, Locatelli, Zakaria and that is the heart of the team right there. The defense was bad luck and Torino took their chance well. The possibility of scoring disappeared when Dybala went off, Vlahovic did nothing all match. Then you have Morata and Kean who haven't scored and it was McKennie was getting into the best positions. I'd like to think this is because the players were thinking about the CL match but I guess we'll see next week.

Sep 13, 2015
To think that we splashed 70 million on a world class striker only to leave him chasing the clearences from our defence.

The management could've bought Allegri 3 world class defenders with that money since he enjoys defending deep so much. Why need the striker then?

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
To think that we splashed 70 million on a world class striker only to leave him chasing the clearences from our defence.

The management could've bought Allegri 3 world class defenders with that money since he enjoys defending deep so much. Why need the striker then?
Very good tactical analysis.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Allegri can have Pep’s team and still play like shit. Unacceptable result from the derby. Im not saying this team is filled with worldclass players. But not being able to beat Torino and getting dominated in our very own stadium is terrible.

Sep 13, 2015
Very good tactical analysis.
I'm sarcastic of course but what could we possibly discuss here? I think even the random football fans would conclude that we simply defended too deep without intention to win by a margin.

If you'd like my two cents on the game, I'd be happy to share:

- You don't defend deep against average teams. They have average stats so they are average for a reason. You press and apply pressure to break their play and don't give them time to pick a killer pass.

- If you struggle to build from the back, it's no shame to move your 10 man into their opposition and let the GK kick the ball long. This way, you congest them to a very tight area, so even if you lose the second ball, they can't make a forward pass because space is tight.

- When you have one of the best strikers in the world, you don't leave him further away from your players. It's your obligation to come up with a tactical setup that would create overloads in the oppositios space in order to open up space for his runs. You can't make Vlahovic effective if you leave him alone forward. Vincenzo Italiano made him score like crazy because Fiorentina played attacking football, not defending deep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)