[Serie A] Juventus 1 - 1 Fiorentina, Saturday Oct 17th, 2009 (8 Viewers)

Juve - Fiorentina : Matchday 8 - Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Cannavaro

• Chiellini

• Grosso

• Melo

• Poulsen

• Sissoko

• Diego

• Iaquinta

• Amauri

• Camoranesi

• De Ceglie

• Trezeguet

• Ferrara

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I think you pointed it our yourself; we'd improve a lot with both Marchisio and Sissoko, due to their movement and stamina, in the side at the same time.

Our best?

Melo
Sissoko Marchisio
-Two of Diego,Giovinco,DP and Camo
Trezeguet

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 13, 2007
i don't honestly know why anyone picked poulsen as man of the match. why? because of his sliding challenge in front of the box to stop a shot? give me a break. I take it no one here counted how many passes he gave away...IMO he was about as bad as Grygera. i will say that poulsen started to look better in the last 30mins or so but no way man of the match.... :sergio:

and fuck grygera
Poulsen was our best midfielder out there today. He assisted the goal, he made a countless number of tackles. He cleaned up needless defensive errors and was a big help for our midfield. He also made a big improvement on his former self which is alwas nice to see.

Grygera should not start. Diego was constantly trying to find the run of our fullbacks, but he couldn't. In fact, thee was a time after we conceded in the first hlf, he linked up brilliantly with Grosso, someone who could actually deliver a decent cross. But he lacked options, Diego can't be isolated like that. I think Camo should always play alongside him, it would ease a lot of the pressure on Diego. Zebina should play instead of Grygera at all times, at least untill we find a decent replacement.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I still don't see why Poulsen had such a good game. I have no idea how many times he gave away possession from a bad pass...not to mention on the first goal he was behind the man that scored. I'm not sure if it was his man that tracked back but I am surprised no one has mentioned that yet.

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
I still don't see why Poulsen had such a good game. I have no idea how many times he gave away possession from a bad pass...not to mention on the first goal he was behind the man that scored. I'm not sure if it was his man that tracked back but I am surprised no one has mentioned that yet.
Is Poulsen a Fullback or what?
Chiellini just watched instead of intercepting the pass and Canna was nowhere to be seen and Poulsen tried the best to save the situation.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Poulsen was the last player you can blame for Fiorentina's goal.

1. Cannavaro is covering Gilardino. Grygera is covering Vargas while Sissoko is trying to take the ball from Jovetic. Chiellini, Melo and Poulsen (circled) are behind in case Momo, Grygera and Canna fail to stop the 3 Fiorentina players

2. Sissoko failed to stop Jovetic, Vargas is mooving away from Grygera. Everything else is the same, as it should be.

3. Gilardino recieves the ball, Sissoko completely stops and lets Jovetic run from the left, leaving Cannavaro alone with Gilardino and Jovetic. The rest is the same as picture 2.

4. Gilardino passes to Jovetic who is freely running in full speed from behind. Sissoko doesn't move, while Grygera only makes a pathetic move with his left leg, hoping to make a foul, but he's far from Jovetic so he can't. Now Canna is alone against Jovetic. Vargas runs towards our goal, but the man who's supposed to mark him (Grygera) will be stopped by Gilardino. Melo can also try to stop Vargas, but Melo just stands there.

5. Now Jovetic is alone against Cannavaro who fails to stop him. Gila blocks Grygera, while Vargas is all alone and runs towards our goal. Melo and Sissoko still don't move. Chiellini sees that Jovetic won't be stopped by Canna so he runs towards Jovetic and Vargas is left alone. Poulsen, when he saw that the others failed to do their job, starts running towards our goal.

6. Jovetic is now alone. Chiellini tries to stop him and leaves empty space, which will be exploited by Vargas. Canna, Grygera, Sissoko and Melo are still standing and looking what's gonna happen. Poulsen is the only one who realized what's gonna happen and will try to stop Vargas.

7. Only now Grygera and Canna wake up and start running. Too late though

8. Jovetic found Vargas and there was no way Poulsen to stop him. Gilardino also managed to move away, while Grygera and Canna are lost in space. Melo and Sissoko still don't move.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Well illustrated Alen, bit its pointless because you are addressing nothing but biasm. He refused to acknowledge Poulsen played well, saying the opposite, but also now as you addressed, tries to blame him for something he had nothing to do with.

Jun 20, 2009
Poulsen was the last player you can blame for Fiorentina's goal.

1. Cannavaro is covering Gilardino. Grygera is covering Vargas while Sissoko is trying to take the ball from Jovetic. Chiellini, Melo and Poulsen (circled) are behind in case Momo, Grygera and Canna fail to stop the 3 Fiorentina players

2. Sissoko failed to stop Jovetic, Vargas is mooving away from Grygera. Everything else is the same, as it should be.

3. Gilardino recieves the ball, Sissoko completely stops and lets Jovetic run from the left, leaving Cannavaro alone with Gilardino and Jovetic. The rest is the same as picture 2.

4. Gilardino passes to Jovetic who is freely running in full speed from behind. Sissoko doesn't move, while Grygera only makes a pathetic move with his left leg, hoping to make a foul, but he's far from Jovetic so he can't. Now Canna is alone against Jovetic. Vargas runs towards our goal, but the man who's supposed to mark him (Grygera) will be stopped by Gilardino. Melo can also try to stop Vargas, but Melo just stands there.

5. Now Jovetic is alone against Cannavaro who fails to stop him. Gila blocks Grygera, while Vargas is all alone and runs towards our goal. Melo and Sissoko still don't move. Chiellini sees that Jovetic won't be stopped by Canna so he runs towards Jovetic and Vargas is left alone. Poulsen, when he saw that the others failed to do their job, starts running towards our goal.

6. Jovetic is now alone. Chiellini tries to stop him and leaves empty space, which will be exploited by Vargas. Canna, Grygera, Sissoko and Melo are still standing and looking what's gonna happen. Poulsen is the only one who realized what's gonna happen and will try to stop Vargas.

7. Only now Grygera and Canna wake up and start running. Too late though

8. Jovetic found Vargas and there was no way Poulsen to stop him. Gilardino also managed to move away, while Grygera and Canna are lost in space. Melo and Sissoko still don't move.
Great analysis Alen, +rep.

That's why in response to some previous reviews I said that both Sissoko and Melo did not deserve a 5.5 for their performance. I think Sissoko really needs to learn how to play in the 3-man midfield. In the last match he left Grygera alone in the right side for the most part of the match. Besides, as always he tried to make some complicated passes which of course ended up in starting a dangerous counter-attack for Fio. His offensive runs was good and his sheer physical strength did make a great impact in the middle of the park though.

I think Sissoko needs to train with the team for a long time before he can do well in the 3-man midfield, if he can at all. That's one of the reasons why I think we should go with the 4-4-1-1 at this moment, especially now that we don't have Alex available.

Let's imagine a DM partnership of Melo and Sissoko! That wouls scare a number of opponents' midfields

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well illustrated Alen, bit its pointless because you are addressing nothing but biasm. He refused to acknowledge Poulsen played well, saying the opposite, but also now as you addressed, tries to blame him for something he had nothing to do with.
But he said that he wasn't sure it was Poulsen's man that scored.

Apart from that, which obviously has been addressed on this page, choosing which guy wins Man of the Match is still one's own opinion. Just because most think Poulsen should receive it, for what it's worth (basically nothing), doesn't mean others see it the same way.

And to be honest, Poulsen doesn't deserve much respect around these parts. One good game out of six is nothing more than an anomaly, yet people still fawn over the player.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Brilliant stuff, Alen. But I knew that all along. :)

Back to Poulsen, I've been calling for his head for weeks. But I will give credit where due. I gave him MoM because he laid down the best passes in the game for us. More than Diego, who was flustered. More than Sissoko, who, while he had a good presence on the field, had the clumsy touch of a bull in a china shop.

One of his spot-on deep passes was converted into a goal. I cannot fault him for the 2-3 others that our forwards wasted.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I didnt read all the post match comments (been busy with work), but if 48 ppl in here actually believe that POORsen was the M.O.M., then we've got some serious, serious issues....

The biggest question in my mind is after a coaching change and money spent on new (and better ??) players are we any farther ahead than last season ??

My answer, and not a very surprising one, is a flat out "NO"

We replaced an inept coach with one who has ZERO experience as the top man at a club. How the hell does this improve our team ??

I blame the management imbeciles for this....again, a group of clowns with, you guessed it, ZERO experience

and now I hear that Gigli is stepping down and BLANK is taking over....just what this club needs, a fucking frog in charge :tdown: :sergio:

Respect to Ciro for everything he's done on the field AS A PLAYER.....his decisions and tactics are poor, and this club is not meant to be a "learn on the job" opportunity, we are not Avellino FFS !!!!!

Case and point- the substitution of Iaquinta for DC. What the fuck was that ?? When that move was made, I knew Ciro was going for the draw

If that wasnt bad enough, replacing Diego for Trez made little sense to me as well. Now we have Amauri and Trez on the field, and no one to serve them the ball (please dont tell me Melo will do this, the guy is a waste of money

Ciro wanted the draw, we got the draw......

Our beloved coach is also showing he hasnt a clue about offense, as we are piss poor in the final third and waaay too predictable. God, do we need DEL PIERO back in there !!!!!

Buffon- can he be blamed ??

Grygera- take the shirt off and NEVER wear it again !!!

Canna- my M.O.M. Shut Gila down !!!

Chellini- some blame goes his way for the goal, otherwise not bad

Grosso- well, at least MULEinaro isnt in there

Sissoko- passes are poor, same old Sissoko

Melo- Dino Baggio and Prandelli are right- Zanetti IS better that this overpaid chump !! Hope he learned a thing or two from Cristiano

Poulsen- so fucking bad that he should also throw his Juve shirt away, and forget that he ever wore it

Iaquinta- lots of hustle with nothing to show for it

Amauri- scored a goal, and was anonymous the rest of the way

Ciro- terrible decisions (see above), and why was Amauri left in there when he looked to be not only injured, but ineffective as well ??? How much longer does this "learn your trade on the job" fiasco go on ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)