[Serie A] Juventus 1 - 1 Fiorentina, Saturday Oct 17th, 2009 (32 Viewers)

Juve - Fiorentina : Matchday 8 - Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Cannavaro

• Chiellini

• Grosso

• Melo

• Poulsen

• Sissoko

• Diego

• Iaquinta

• Amauri

• Camoranesi

• De Ceglie

• Trezeguet

• Ferrara

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
i don't honestly know why anyone picked poulsen as man of the match. why? because of his sliding challenge in front of the box to stop a shot? give me a break. I take it no one here counted how many passes he gave away...IMO he was about as bad as Grygera. i will say that poulsen started to look better in the last 30mins or so but no way man of the match.... :sergio:
Did you see his great through ball to Iaquinta? It wasn't all bad.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
i don't honestly know why anyone picked poulsen as man of the match. why? because of his sliding challenge in front of the box to stop a shot? give me a break. I take it no one here counted how many passes he gave away...IMO he was about as bad as Grygera. i will say that poulsen started to look better in the last 30mins or so but no way man of the match.... :sergio:

and fuck grygera
Oh, I was counting, Cam. But unfortunately, Poulsen was probably the best performer and showed the most improvement match on match, so that speaks to how poor we really were.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That was the highlight of his game but other than that he was pretty good. Certainly better than most of our players today.
keywords "the highlight"...as in one highlight...or one might say his "only highlight...or even one could say "a highlight"...1.
Oh, I was counting, Cam. But unfortunately, Poulsen was probably the best performer and showed the most improvement match on match, so that speaks to how poor we really were.
Chiellini was not all that bad, nor was Canna.
Hang on, you voted for Diego? Justify that.
well since we are going off of one highlight...i personally liked his little combo with Camo that Amauri hee-hawed :andy:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
keywords "the highlight"...as in one highlight...or one might say his "only highlight...or even one could say "a highlight"...1.
Pressed and pressured well all game. Won the ball a fair few times. Some nice long balls aswell as his great through ball.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This is the last post I am going to make in this thread. It is time to move on to the next game. I am tired of posting in a thread when we tie or lose, its just not the same.

I'm just tired of beating a dead horse here. Same shit every week...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Ok, I know I said I wouldn't post again but where did you find that? It would be better if it where a leprechaun getting beat. :snoop:

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
First and foremost, Iaquinta and Amauri miss too many chances. That's it. One or both have to be dropped, and again, Trezeguet is a must in the official team sheet. We had three clear-cut chances to score and squandered them all in the first 20 minutes. And after that, the midfield offered very little service and those two up top can't even score when they have it, so that means major problems. They can't even create their own chances themselves because they are one-dimensional strikers who only see forward.
For once, Teeth, I am 100% with you on everything you wrote above...When great teams are going through a poor patch of form, they prove themselves of greatness by putting away the clear chances they create. To do this, they need class strikers. Without them, without making the most of the chances we create, however paltry in number, invites the opposition to attack us, it gives them confidence, and they realize, that no matter how solid we are in goal, central defence, central midfield, that we are having MASSIVE problems scoring goals. And if we can't score, we cant win. obviously...

While some people during the Summer months were talking of our strike force as potentially one of the best around europe, I hardly bothered pondering such a ludicrous suggestion to the point of it making me feel pity for those making the comments. Because clearly it was ridiculous.

I have never been a fan of Amauri. No need to elaborate on WHY...other than to say that he did not impress me at all last season, and even when at Palermo, while he was, at times, brilliant, he was worth far less than what we paid for him. I had hoped that with Diego and Melo in the team, the brazillian in him would come alive, and prove itself..but that was a flimsy, romantic hope, which has not materialized, and doesn't look like doing for the foreseeable future. 8 months without a goal????? Before that super strike of last night...I cannot remember a striker for juve suffering such a barren run, but STILL getting picked as a starter for ultra important games.

Vinny can and will score goals, but he is NOT at all a world class striker. He is NOT a natural goalscorer. He needs 10 chances to score 1 goal. And I am talking about clear cut chances, not half chances.

To many, like myself, Ciro's main failing presently is not the system, which I feel could be wicked, with better strikers, and Diego and Melo more settled, Tiago back in the middle of the park also, its his failing of fielding the best selection in attack.

We have Trezeguet and Giovinco FIT.
Trezeguet needs far less than 10 chances to score 1 goal.
Giovinco has more pace, invention, and confidence than Amauri...though some of his confidence is rooted in rage at having to watch, from the sidelines, as those selected before him contrive to lose us yet another two points.

We have a combination on the bench, in those two players, who would surely be doing better things for our team.

A draw isn't terrible, against Fiorentina, who suddenly found their rhythm against the scouse scum recently, and have one of their liveliest players, Jovetic, in a rich vein of form...even with Inter scalping Genoa in truly devastating fashion.

We have the players to remedy the situation. Either chuck in Trez and Giovinco, see what they can do, and lets start catching Inter, or continue with Hanzel and Gretel, and watch not only Inter, but also perhaps Samp and Fiorentina break away above us in the table.

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
definetely spot on guru!!

id pick giovinco and trez any day over the likes of amauri and iaquinta

its just frustrating to watch a striker not be able to tuck in a clear cut chance aka iaquinta!!!hes fukin clueless in front of goal

another poor result..more like another game where we gained one point than dropped two cuz at the end it seemed like only fiorentina wanted to win this game

finally im bewildered by ferrara's tactics..diego for that retard de ceglie who runs like a headless chicken!!!GIOVINCO FFS!!!

if we seriously dont beat maccabi by at least 3 goals im going to be really disappointed and siena after that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)