[Serie A] Juventus 1-1 A.C. Milan [September 19th, 2021] (22 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I am not expecting the repeat of 2015-16 season but let us see whether a win helps us to hit form and go on an winning run
i'm not expecting that either, we're very, very far from that quality. we have zero midfielders who can keep the ball (i mean we have arthur but he's unavailable so fuck him lol)

anyway, it's very hard not to understand what allegri is saying: to start winning matches, we need defensive solidity more than anything else at the moment.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It was probably mentioned already, but we have a 7:1 record in the first halves this season in serie A and CL, and 0:5 in the second halves. That's 5 matches, so it's not just a coincidence anymore. This suggests bad physical condition of the team, but also lack of concentration. If our inability to score in the 2nd half can partially be explained by the fact that we defended a lead on 4 of these 5 matches, the fact that we couldn't defend the lead on 3/4 matches and we couldn't score when we were chasing the result against Empoli, suggests all kinds of problems.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
It was probably mentioned already, but we have a 7:1 record in the first halves this season in serie A and CL, and 0:5 in the second halves. That's 5 matches, so it's not just a coincidence anymore. This suggests bad physical condition of the team, but also lack of concentration. If our inability to score in the 2nd half can partially be explained by the fact that we defended a lead on 4 of these 5 matches, the fact that we couldn't defend the lead on 3/4 matches and we couldn't score when we were chasing the result against Empoli, suggests all kinds of problems.
Individual mistakes some shambolic defending in the corner kicks and howlers by the goalkeeper

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Individual mistakes some shambolic defending in the corner kicks and howlers by the goalkeeper
As a matter of fact, the bold part explains ALL 5 goals that we conceded in the 2nd halves this season. So that's the lack of concentration I was talking about. Yet to fully explain our inability to score in the last 45 minutes of all 5 matches.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
As a matter of fact, the bold part explains ALL 5 goals that we conceded in the 2nd halves this season. So that's the lack of concentration I was talking about. Yet to fully explain our inability to score in the last 45 minutes of all 5 matches.
Obviously we are heavy reliant on morata and dybala for the goals and assists there is no support from the midfield or even chiesa kulu or kean though it is too early to judge him Rabiot needs to do better in goalscoring positions

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Such a shame.

I think we played an excellent first half. The best since God knows when. Very different second half, but even then, up until we conceded we had everything under control. But once we conceded, it looked like everyone forgot what they were supposed to be doing.
What bothers me is that it was, once again, a goal that should have been avoided. That is to say, the corner should have been avoided. Brilliant run by Rebic for the actual goal.

It's pretty simple. If we keep conceding goals every single game, this will be a very ugly season. We urgently need a few clean sheets.

Another big problem we had last night is that Kean, Chiesa & Kulu were absolutely dreadful when they came on. Shameful stuff from them.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #308
    Exhaustion, bad physical condition. Our players were constructing good counters in the first half yesterday but in the second it was obvious that the moment we break were were hardly tickling Milan. I think Allegri saw it and that's why he fielded forwards with his subs.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
    If you are opposed to the importance of being solid defensively and quality defensive players I think you are likely supporting the wrong team.

We have gone 19 serie a rounds without keeping a clean sheet. We have 1 clean sheet since the 2nd March. Clean sheets are fundamental because you only need to score 1 goal to win. Amazed that there seems to be this mentality of ‘let’s score 6 goals’

We’re not even winning games, let’s start grinding out and winning games before we turn into this ruthless team you seem to be demanding… talk about making a jump. As for the disrespect to Scirea, one of our greatest ever players and someone that lost their life working for the club… speechless
    What is this obsession with a freaking clean sheet? Our team has been shitting the bed for years now, we cant really rely on that.
    Had our performance today been absolutely amazing had Rebic's header hit the post and gone out instead? Would that have made everything fantastic and instead of a team crisis we would have looked at this game as a dominant and safe win, giving us confidence that we are gonna compete with the top clubs again?

Our overall performance is bad, clean sheets or not. It doesnt matter if we let a goal in, as long as we are more dangerous and lethal than our opponents, punishing them if they try to go on the attack.

Jun 8, 2021
    Not good. Not good at all. As I already wrote. No one has won a scudetto in September, but we have certainly lost it. We can’t beat direct competitors for the title and we can’t beat “small” teams. Two points out of a possible twelve is a disaster. Allegri's assessment is insufficient so far.
    There can be no excuse for us to be an emerging team. After all, other teams also changed coaches and players. What could you say then at Inter, where they lost two key players, the coach and Eriksen?
    We, according to many here, managed to get rid of the footballer who was the biggest problem of the team, but there are still no results. The reserves, which are supposed to add new freshness and energy when entering the game, do not change the game even for a fraction. Those in the game stop playing after twenty minutes.
    The only thing we have managed to do so far is that Juventus has become a team that the whole of Italy and a half of Europe laughs at.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
    Still bemused why Tonali got a yellow when Dybala fouled and then shoved him.

Good point considering we came from behind and had a lot of injuries (as ever) going into this match.

Juve were lacking in midfield a lot tonight. Locatelli probably still settling in but he was surprisingly quiet. Thought he was going to be really fired up for it.
    The ref played safe all game and tried to avoid calling anything and he did the usual safe thing there by booking both players even if Tonali did nothing except get pushed out of frustration for the team not kicking the ball out.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    It doesnt matter if we let a goal in, as long as we are more dangerous and lethal than our opponents, punishing them if they try to go on the attack.
    Counter-attacking football. Exactly what Allegri is trying to achieve with this squad. It cannot be achieved right now with players who are physically and mentally incapable of playing more than 65 minutes. He needs time to gradually raise the fitness levels and work on mentality.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
    I don't see it as a lack of fitness or concentration. The problem imo is as soon as the tide turns, this team gives up and collapses. That coupled with the fact we were happy with status quo as soon as we scored the first goal.

Snobist

DareDevil
    Apr 16, 2017
    How is it possible to have bad physical condition, our players are very young. We should be running 90 minutes at full sprint.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #315
    I don't see it as a lack of fitness or concentration. The problem imo is as soon as the tide turns, this team gives up and collapses. That coupled with the fact we were happy with status quo as soon as we scored the first goal.
    Morata, Alex Sandro, Dybala and Rabiot looked extremely exhausted before Milan scored. It was one of the reasons that Milan continued to gain momentum. Allegri tackled this by changing the forwards, he should have also changed the midfield. I wanted De Ligt in and move Danilo to CM for example.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
    I think fitness is definitely a part of it, Allegri always builds towards the spring right from the start of the season. But you're right, the team is also fucked in the head and we should be able to use the 5 subs better to mask the tired legs

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    1-0 is the perfect scoreline for a confident defense and a team having morata and cuadrado. the issue is the mental block that usually happens around the 60 minute mark. like we hit a wall every single time.

we went for the 2nd vs both udinese and malmö, and allegri was screaming his lungs out yesterday too when he asked for a second goal. it's not like we're not trying, but somehow we still can't. we hit a wall around 60 minutes. physical or mental condition or maybe both, fuck knows, but it's been the case for years now.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Nah. I see the problem as that this team really isn't that great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)