[Serie A] Juventus 1-0 Hellas Verona [28th October, 2023 20:45 CEST] (3 Viewers)

vote?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
The mood would be very different if we didn't get this win. The refs will be against us just like any big CL match so this isn't anything new for us. We have to do more than the minimum required to beat these teams. We play once a week but we're not doing anything new on the pitch compared to previous years. The likes of Vlahovic can never get out of their poor performances. Kostic played well with many crosses when playing forward, but will get stuck at LB defensive duties. Weah's form and confidence have disappeared. It's unusual not to iron out these problems after so long, and then you see Soule flourishing because he's given some creative freedom. We're doing well on paper, but it's just papering over the cracks because our style and overall game sucks. The top 6 Serie A teams are far weaker this year, but we're not any better so I don't know know what good football looks like for us.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
The mood would be very different if we didn't get this win. The refs will be against us just like any big CL match so this isn't anything new for us. We have to do more than the minimum required to beat these teams. We play once a week but we're not doing anything new on the pitch compared to previous years. The likes of Vlahovic can never get out of their poor performances. Kostic played well with many crosses when playing forward, but will get stuck at LB defensive duties. Weah's form and confidence have disappeared. It's unusual not to iron out these problems after so long, and then you see Soule flourishing because he's given some creative freedom. We're doing well on paper, but it's just papering over the cracks because our style and overall game sucks. The top 6 Serie A teams are far weaker this year, but we're not any better so I don't know know what good football looks like for us.
You say all of this after quite possibly the best game we’ve played all season (maybe barring the Lazio match).

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
You say all of this after quite possibly the best game we’ve played all season (maybe barring the Lazio match).
Verona had 2 wins in 10 games that came at the beginning of the season, so I expected us to dominate. We have Fiorentina next week who have a worse defense, but have scored more than us (they play their 10th game tomorrow and should score against Lazio). They play an attacking game so my prediction would be that if they score first, they Sassuolo us if when we go into panic mode. If we take the lead and try and scrape a 1-0 win, they equalise and we draw. Maybe we smash them but if the Verona win was our best performance, I'm not convinced that's enough to win next week. What can I say, I'm lacking in faith.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Isn't the yellow on the field has the final say though? He could've ruled the offside goal in...
For the offside he doesn’t, it wasn’t a subjective decision. It’s semi automated so the margin makes no difference.
For the foul on the goal, I’d say the on field ref goes with the VAR recommendation for about 90% of decisions.

magician

Oct 22, 2022
For the offside he doesn’t, it wasn’t a subjective decision. It’s semi automated so the margin makes no difference.
For the foul on the goal, I’d say the on field ref goes with the VAR recommendation for about 90% of decisions.
Semi automated by whom? If it is by some kind of machine like goal line tech then how come we got robbed last season in that salernitana match?

Also, weren't people here said that the offside rule changed this season?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The VAR decision on Kean's second goal is infuriating.

Absolutely disgraceful. The defender tries to foul Kean, but is too weak and falls down.

BTW you know something is up when even La Gazzetta describe the behaviour of Verona's captain as truly poor sportsmanship (he fell down again after he saw Kean's goal).

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
it's semi automated, and has a margin of error, just like the hawk eye in tennis. i don't know the exact margin, but i'd suppose one or two mm of the shoe is within that margin as recordings are only done in 24-30 fps and cameras were located 40-50 meters from the players. neither of them are 100% accurate

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
he also intelligently set up Yildiz on 92nd minute, and he should've scored. Make it 7.
It would have been an offside anyway, pretty sure about it (unless you have a photo of it)

- - - Updated - - -

The VAR decision on Kean's second goal is infuriating.

Absolutely disgraceful. The defender tries to foul Kean, but is too weak and falls down.

BTW you know something is up when even La Gazzetta describe the behaviour of Verona's captain as truly poor sportsmanship (he fell down again after he saw Kean's goal).
He wont win the honorable player of the year but he did what was right for his team - I really cant blame him, he saw an opportunity and took it.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
It would have been an offside anyway, pretty sure about it (unless you have a photo of it)

- - - Updated - - -

He wont win the honorable player of the year but he did what was right for his team - I really cant blame him, he saw an opportunity and took it.
It would’ve been very tight. I watched the replay many times and still can’t decide whether it was onside or offside.
Although still doesn’t diminish what Milik did.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
It would’ve been very tight. I watched the replay many times and still can’t decide whether it was onside or offside.
Although still doesn’t diminish what Milik did.
I agree it was a good move. Yildiz should have scored (even if I believe it would have been disallowed).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)