[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-0 fiorentina (March 9th 2014) (3 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Milan did it in 1961-62. They also beat everyone at least once.
We are the first to do it with 20 teams in the league. When Milan did it there were 18 teams.
Love it. Before Conte, they used to be the only unbeaten champions in history too.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I never understand why people freak out when we beat a tough opponent 1-0 or 2-1. I despise the Viola, but they are one of the better sides in Serie A. We had a good 6-7 chances to score, and we're unlucky not to score 2-3. The Viola had one good chance to score all match. 1. They missed. Just like we wasted 5 or 6 chances. Teams rarely score when they only have 1 good chance. It does happen, but rarely. We dominated this match, we were in control nearly from start to finish.

For a reference point. Barca just lost to Real Vallalodid. Barca has a way more star-studded side than we do, and Vallalodid is half the side that Fiorentina is. Today, Wigan is beating Man City (home) 1-0 at the half. Wigan has half the talent Fiorentina has, and ManCity has 3X our transfer budget.

My point is that good sides occasionally lose to terrible sides. We played a good side today, and looking at the 90 minutes we had far more chances to score, we held more possession, we played much more of the match in their half, and most importantly, we won. Stop freaking out about us winning. We basically sealed the scudetto today and became the first side ever in 20 team Serie A to win against every other side in a single season. We're also on pace to break Inters 97 point record for a single season. Poetic justice in that one. So let's celebrate.
Yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)