[SERIE A] JUVENTUS 1 - 0 Fiorentina (01/24/09) (6 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Zanetti 6
Marchisio 6.5

I wasnt too pleased with the midfield, I thought they were run over a few too many times, just like last weeks game vs Lazio....Marchisio made a few nice plays(along with the goal), but tbh, I still didnt see him being effective enough in the midfield, while I thought Zanetti was our best midfielder.
I'm not clear on the math then. Show your work. :p

Jan 24, 2009
The 4-4-2 formation is only productive if the wings can get up the field, beat their defenders, and make good crosses. Nedved and Marchionni both cannot beat their defenders nor cross the ball. Camo and Gio are the best outside midfielders we have. Don't tell me Gio is a defensive liability. Marchionni and Nedved do not defend yet they still start every game.

Defensively, all we did was boot the ball up the field. There was no link up play between the midfield and the forwards. DP and Amauri spent the whole game chasing long balls. Not once did DP recieve the ball at his feet from a defender or a midfielder in space with room to create. It is frustrating to watch our defenders and midfielders constantly give possession away.

I will state again what many of you have posted . . . 3 points is 3 points no matter how they are won . . . but we cannot continue to play these dangerous 1-0 games. We need to finish teams off when we get the opportunities.

Oh yeah . . . Ranieri must go. His line-ups and substitutions will eventually cost us points like they did in the beginning of the season.

Onward and upward . . . Udinese is our next victim.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
well pace isnt something i look for in a player, rather his technical ability, much like seedorf or riquelme who to be fair arn't fast themselves, with nedved as i've said before can win the ball better than giovinco can, and like you do with a team in posession is to pass it to another player keeping it.
fair enough but u cant say gio doesnt have technical ability.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Bring back Chiellini and Molinaro.
This match will probably cost me few months of my life, but i'll take it.

Buffon and Marchisio great.
Del Piero's through balls :delpiero:
Zanetti and Marchionni- solid
The defense overall - bad
De Ceglie- disaster
Nedved- painful to watch
Amauri - in times like this we're missing Trezeguet. It is normal for Amauri not to perform consistently at the high level from the first part of the season. That's where squad depth helps and we're really missing Trez in the last few matches. But it's just a matter of time for Amauri to start raping the defenses again.

P.S: If someone didn't see the difference between Molinaro and De Ceglie in our defense, then he's blind.
Molinaro >>> De Ceglie (defensive wise)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)