[SERIE A] JUVENTUS 1 - 0 Fiorentina (01/24/09) (7 Viewers)

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #522
    The man has a point. Seriously we didn't deserve to win I'm just happy we did.
    Milan didn't deserve to win god knows how many matches, Inter had record offside goals. Out of the big teams, we are the last team rats like the Fiorentina president should be moaning about.

Inter and Milan top these things.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
    Should have been 1-1. We won on a linesman error (where Gigi gave up an uncharacteristic rebound)

De Ceglie was playing with nerves and Nedved can't play more than 45 min of football.

Marchisio was MOTM, and an honourable mention for Amauri who was working hard upfront, drawing multiple defenders and battling in tight spaces.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    You are 100% right. They showed it here on replay and both his arm and head were offside.

And that wasn't a penalty.
    some give it, some don't. Mellberg touched his foot but yeah, he looked for it. pk or not there was a foul against the rats but nobody mentioned it on TV.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    ye but what use is giovinco's pace if he cant win the ball in a tackle where by nedved stands a better chance, then distribute it out to someone else
    yes but then whats the point of strength without pace if your a winger and whats the point of winning th ball if you lose it.

Slow_Roll

In Love with a Feelin'
    Mar 4, 2008
    Milan didn't deserve to win god knows how many matches, Inter had record offside goals. Out of the big teams, we are the last team rats like the Fiorentina president should be moaning about.

Inter and Milan top these things.
    That's true but I'm not saying we payed the ref I'm saying Fiorentina deserved a point or three. In other news Marchisio and Gigi officially rock.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Glad for the three points, but jeez, talk about playing with fire on a tightrope. Buffon saved our hapless defense several times with good interventions, so thank goodness he is back. Without Chiellini back there we don't look confident whatsoever, and the result probably should have been a draw. Lots of mistakes at the back through Mellberg, Grygera, and some with De Ceglie, but Paolo did not do any worse than Molinaro would have. The midfield also had holes, but that's not so much Marchisio's or Zanetti's fault as the suspension of Sissoko, someone we basically owe our defensive strength to.

This is another case where getting more of the ball would have helped, but Viola was able to have several chances as they are a good team going forward, especially with Melo in the middle who I think is a damn good player. If Sissoko was out there, Melo would probably have been neutralized. Once again our wingers were nonexistent today, so once again we have to pose the question why doesn't Giovinco start out there, but that question is like a rhetorical question for everybody, except for one person who shall remain nameless. The goal was well made through a striker and a midfielder, but seriously, if we use the straight 4-4-2 we should have more production from the wingers. Unfortunately we don't have anything coming from there.

Buffon - Saved our asses and had a great game, welcome back - 8

Grygera - Offsides and sloppy defending do not mix well when it occurs with the same player - 5

Mellberg - I stated a couple matches ago that I think Mellberg is better in the center, now I don't know what to think - 5.5

Legrottaglie - Did a good job despite his surroundings - 6.5

De Ceglie - Made a few mistakes but I still think he's better than Molinaro - 5.5

Marchionni - Useless - 4.5

Marchisio - I don't think he gets enough credit around here. He's a solid player who at least can complete passes, unlike the Blasi's or other douchebags we have had here. He plays a solid game and doesn't make many mistakes. Good goal my man - 7

Zanetti - Still in the funk after the injury, but made some good plays - 6

Nedved - Added nothing and I hate seeing him like this. Lets not become Milan and Maldini here - 4.5

Amauri - Troubled the Viola defense even without any service - 6

Del Piero - Made some sweet passes and assisted the goal. Well done - 6.5

Giovinco - Held onto the ball well for the time he was out there - 6

Poulsen - NA
    Great review, Andy. I won't add one because you largely addressed my points here. I would be a little less harsh on Marchionni and give him a 5.5, but that's about it.

Oh and I think it was an entertaining match.
    It was the "longest" match I have seen all year. :sick:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    yes but then whats the point of strength without pace if your a winger and whats the point of winning th ball if you lose it.
    well pace isnt something i look for in a player, rather his technical ability, much like seedorf or riquelme who to be fair arn't fast themselves, with nedved as i've said before can win the ball better than giovinco can, and like you do with a team in posession is to pass it to another player keeping it.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    I see that no one can agree on ratings or performance...here are my ratings-

Buffon 7.5 M.O.M.

Grygera 6
    Mellberg 6
    Legro 6
    De Ceglie 6

Zanetti 6
    Marchisio 6.5
    Marchionni 5.5
    Nedved 5.5

Del Piero 6
    Amauri 5.5

Ranieri 3.5

I thought the defense played pretty well, and Mellberg was solid enough

Gigi was no doubt the man of the match, as he saved everything that came his way, and did so in dynamite fashion

I wasnt too pleased with the midfield, I thought they were run over a few too many times, just like last weeks game vs Lazio....Marchisio made a few nice plays(along with the goal), but tbh, I still didnt see him being effective enough in the midfield, while I thought Zanetti was our best midfielder. Neddy ran out of steam after 35 minutes, and Marchionni, although he never stopped running, is missing some serious skill to play for our team. He holds onto the ball too long, and there is no excuse for missing 2 point blank shots in a row in front of the goal.

DP played a decent game, assisting on Marchisio's goal, but Amauri needs a rest, IMO....nothing seems to be working for him at the moment.

Ranieri's sub of DP for Gio was pure stupidity when Neddy is out of gas, and needed to be replaced.

We were outplayed for too many periods of todays game, and we got the 3 points off of a referring error, but since thats how Inter has gotten 12 points this season, I guess its ok :evil:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    “I would above all like to praise my players for proving they can play on a par with anyone,” he said on Sky Italia television after the 1-0 defeat to Juventus.

“I am indignant at the attitude from these referees and linesmen against my team, which has gone on now for several weeks.

“I am disgusted with what I have seen. These are clear errors that even a child can see. I cannot explain the incredible behaviour seen in the first half.

“How am I to explain it to me players and all the fans in Florence? I will take some decisions next week, because our patience has come to an end. This club and the city deserve respect.

“It has been going on ever since [Alberto] Gilardino's handling incident in Palermo.”

Gilardino was given a two-match ban after he punched the ball into the net to win in Sicily, but there have been a series of errors against Fiorentina recently.

In the Juventus game they had a Gilardino goal incorrectly ruled offside and Stevan Jovetic appeared to be tripped by Olof Mellberg.

“Next week I might have a cooler head and I hope [refereeing designator Pierluigi] Collina can explain it to us,” continued a clearly furious Della Valle.

“It may well be bad luck, but for weeks on end these extraordinary things have been happening to Fiorentina. I want to know how this has happened and what is behind it?

“Are we back to the dark days? What is happening here? We want a public explanation from the authorities.

“My team was built to fight for the Champions League spots, which we are, but we cannot manage it if we are constantly hit by these incidents. How could the linesman not see that Gilardino was in play?”
    :yawn:

RELAX YOU FAG!

There was offside(arm and head) and there was a pk on Jovetic but the ref didn't whistle a foul against the viola sh*t right before it happened.
    Exactly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)