[Serie A] JUVENTUS 0-2 Palermo (Feb. 28th 2010) (14 Viewers)

CarloP

Jan 24, 2010
You can't have Gourcuff and Diego in the same team they're basically the same type of players and they're not wingers, Ribery would be better for the right wing.

If that's the case we'll have to switch to a 4-2-2-2 with Giovinco playing as a striker.
Gourcuff doesn't just play as an AMC like Diego. He would replace Camo in the RAM position in the 4231. Believe it or not, when they play for the French NT, Ribery often plays as a CAM and Gourcuff plays as a RAM. If you don't believe me, go to 2:30 here. Also, Gourcuff is younger than Ribery, speaks Italian, and would probably come cheaper. Just my 2 cents, anyway. :beer:

Jan 14, 2010
Gourcuff doesn't just play as an AMC like Diego. He would replace Camo in the RAM position in the 4231. Believe it or not, when they play for the French NT, Ribery often plays as a CAM and Gourcuff plays as a RAM. If you don't believe me, go to 2:30 here. Also, Gourcuff is younger than Ribery, speaks Italian, and would probably come cheaper. Just my 2 cents, anyway. :beer:
I like Gourcuff because he's a strong player but the French national team is not a good point of reference at this time. They're horrible because players are played out of position by a lousy coach.

CarloP

Jan 24, 2010
If you think its a good idea to throw yachtloads of money on a player that's injured 3 months out of the season (and he hasn't even trained at Vinovo yet :sergio:), good for you. If we want to take the "Lets find our new Zidane" path and buy a French player, I'm taking Gourcuff over Ribery. Or we could pass on both of them and get Hazard :alen:

Jan 14, 2010
It was not as Nedved was behind the strikers, but whatever makes you sleep at night.
If it makes you happy I'm done with this silly argument, all I was saying is that Lippi lined up the formation as a 4-4-2 in the 90s with Zidane.

I'm all about this present Juventus and if we're going to talk about formation then clearly your 4-3-1-2 is not work for this Juve infact the only formation that fits this 09-10 Juventus is the 4-2-3-1 with Giovinco and Camo playing on the wings with Diego as the AMF.

awit

Jan 10, 2010
Lippi did not use the straight 4-4-2. It was Nedved in front of Camo, Tacchinardi and Davids. Diamond midfield or 4-3-1-2 is what he used. It's not the same thing.
Yeah you're right, forgot Nedved didn't actually start playing on the left before Capello. Still,i'm quite sure there were games where we played 4-4-2 with Zambrotta on the right/left, especially when Nedved was missing.

I see no reason why we should get Gourcuff when we already have Diego. Even if he can somewhat play wide, he's not what we need right now.

Jan 14, 2010
Yeah you're right, forgot Nedved didn't actually start playing on the left before Capello. Still,i'm quite sure there were games where we played 4-4-2 with Zambrotta on the right/left, especially when Nedved was missing.

I see no reason why we should get Gourcuff when we already have Diego. Even if he can somewhat play wide, he's not what we need right now.
I mention Gourcuff and Diego was the same type of players, I was responding to another post.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If it makes you happy I'm done with this silly argument, all I was saying is that Lippi lined up the formation as a 4-4-2 in the 90s with Zidane.

I'm all about this present Juventus and if we're going to talk about formation then clearly your 4-3-1-2 is not work for this Juve infact the only formation that fits this 09-10 Juventus is the 4-2-3-1 with Giovinco and Camo playing on the wings with Diego as the AMF.
Zidane was always deployed behind the strikers and that's where he played. He was never used nor played as a left-winger because he wasn't one.

And no, you claimed that the straight 4-4-2 was basically always our formation, which was incorrect. Not even close to being correct.

Jan 14, 2010
If you think its a good idea to throw yachtloads of money on a player that's injured 3 months out of the season (and he hasn't even trained at Vinovo yet :sergio:), good for you. If we want to take the "Lets find our new Zidane" path and buy a French player, I'm taking Gourcuff over Ribery. Or we could pass on both of them and get Hazard :alen:
Fair enough but If we're going to get Gourcuff then we have to sell Diego or he's going to have to play as a sub because they both play the same position.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He used it a few times when Nedved was suspended or injured but it wasn't the usual formation.

Jan 14, 2010
Zidane was always deployed behind the strikers and that's where he played. He was never used nor played as a left-winger because he wasn't one.

And no, you claimed that the straight 4-4-2 was basically always our formation, which was incorrect. Not even close to being correct.
You're still on that? check the games past I never said he didn't play behind the strikers I said the 4-4-2 was the formation on the team sheet and for all to see.

CarloP

Jan 24, 2010
Fair enough but If we're going to get Gourcuff then we have to sell Diego or he's going to have to play as a sub because they both play the same position.
No, we wouldn't have to sell Diego. If you want to play a 433 with one of them playing as an out-and-out winger Antonio Valencia style, never more than a meter from the touchline, then yeah we would. If we play a narrow 4231, it would work fine. Like in the Samp game earlier this year. Except replace Camo with Gourcuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)