[Serie A] JUVENTUS 0-2 Palermo (Feb. 28th 2010) (10 Viewers)

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
We rely hugely on Del Piero. It's no coincidence that our recent run of decent results coincided with our captain being in good form. At his age, it isn't that surprising that he looked tired out there today. Maybe he shouldn't have played for as long in the second leg against Ajax as he did.

Obviously, that was a very poor result and everyone seems to have gone into the standard post-loss "crisis" mode, but I think we played well in the first half. We defended anything Palermo threw at us with ease and looked decent going forward. We did lack some width (De Ceglie didn't seem to be getting forward as much as usual) but it was a positive first half that we could and should have built on in the second half.

The second half went badly wrong though. Without Amauri, we don't have the option of going more direct and playing it up to a target man. This, combined with that fact we have almost no width at all, meant we were very one-dimensional in our attempts at breaking Palermo down. All we could do was pass it through the middle. Diego was at the centre of this but his team mates did very little to help. Sissoko was the one getting up in support of Diego, DP and Trez but moves generally break down when the ball is passed to Momo. There was very little movement in our attacking third. Candreva had a pretty good first half when he played wide-ish on the right. He didn't really get involved in the second half though. Trezeguet never really got involved but he didn't get any proper service and was even reduced to coming deep to get the ball, not Trez style at all.

What is Diego supposed to do when Del Piero isn't on top form, Camoranesi is injured, Amauri is injured, we don't have wingers, and our fullbacks don't get forward with any effectiveness? Can anyone tell me why he was subbed off for Zebina? If Zac was trying to make some point, that's stupid.

Miccoli's goal was a great piece of skill by a quality player.

We all know the weaknesses of our current team but I'm still pretty confident that we'll achieve our new objective of finishing fourth. If do we that we have something to build on for next season. I just hope we invest wisely this summer and don't panic buy one big name. I also think we'll beat Fulham over two legs.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
We rely hugely on Del Piero. It's no coincidence that our recent run of decent results coincided with our captain being in good form. At his age, it isn't that surprising that he looked tired out there today. Maybe he shouldn't have played for as long in the second leg against Ajax as he did.

Obviously, that was a very poor result and everyone seems to have gone into the standard post-loss "crisis" mode, but I think we played well in the first half. We defended anything Palermo threw at us with ease and looked decent going forward. We did lack some width (De Ceglie didn't seem to be getting forward as much as usual) but it was a positive first half that we could and should have built on in the second half.

The second half went badly wrong though. Without Amauri, we don't have the option of going more direct and playing it up to a target man. This, combined with that fact we have almost no width at all, meant we were very one-dimensional in our attempts at breaking Palermo down. All we could do was pass it through the middle. Diego was at the centre of this but his team mates did very little to help. Sissoko was the one getting up in support of Diego, DP and Trez but moves generally break down when the ball is passed to Momo. There was very little movement in our attacking third. Candreva had a pretty good first half when he played wide-ish on the right. He didn't really get involved in the second half though. Trezeguet never really got involved but he didn't get any proper service and was even reduced to coming deep to get the ball, not Trez style at all.

What is Diego supposed to do when Del Piero isn't on top form, Camoranesi is injured, Amauri is injured, we don't have wingers, and our fullbacks don't get forward with any effectiveness? Can anyone tell me why he was subbed off for Zebina? If Zac was trying to make some point, that's stupid.

Miccoli's goal was a great piece of skill by a quality player.

We all know the weaknesses of our current team but I'm still pretty confident that we'll achieve our new objective of finishing fourth. If do we that we have something to build on for next season. I just hope we invest wisely this summer and don't panic buy one big name. I also think we'll beat Fulham over two legs.
:agree: and eventhough the 2nd half performance was bad but i still think that we will finish fourth.

Jan 14, 2010
I will lose some respect for Buffon if he leaves. Professional players must know that some times a team goes through rough patches. If he wants to leave just because he wants to bandwagon on a winning team like Inter so be it, but even though Buffon is legendary in my eyes I will lose some respect for him.

Just like I did for Cannavaro, Ibra, and all the others that left when Juve got relegated.
That's your business! Buffon is still in his prime and still at a young age for a world class goalkeeper and he stuck by us in Serie B after his magnificent World Cup 2006 performance where everybody wanted him but he chose to stay.

The board promised him they would rebuild Juve into a championship contender in 3-4 years. 4 years half passed already and we're still heavily relying on Alex, Trez, Camo, Canna and Legro, I'm sorry but these players are passed it. We can't possibly win the Scudetti much less the Champions League with these players as our main protagonist.

Jan 14, 2010
If Juventus really have a shot at getting Ribery then I would sweaten the deal by adding Diego/Amauri plus 25-30 million. This would be the team I would love to see representing Juventus next season: Back to our 4-4-2

------------------------Buffon

Caceres--------Bonucci----Cheillini-------Criscito/De Ceglie

Candreva------Marchisio---Sissoko-------Ribery

------------------Pazzini----Giovinco

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If Juventus really have a shot at getting Ribery then I would sweaten the deal by adding Diego/Amauri plus 25-30 million. This would be the team I would love to see representing Juventus next season: Back to our 4-4-2

Caceres--------Bonucci----Cheillini-------Criscito

:lol:

That's just fucked up. I mean, you have to be pulling our legs here.

Jan 14, 2010
:lol:

That's just fucked up. I mean, you have to be pulling our legs here.
I'm dead serious

1) French players have always done well for us
2) Juventus and the 4-4-2 are made for each other with wingers & the right players
3) This would be the best available team we could afford
4) Ribery unlike Diego is a game changer and match winner
5) Giovinco as a 2nd striker with freedom to roam and create the offense while limiting his defensive responsibilities.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I'm dead serious

1) French players have always done well for us
2) Juventus and the 4-4-2 are made for each other with wingers & the right players
3) This would be the best available available team we could afford
4) Ribery unlike Diego is a game changer and match winner
5) Giovinco as a 2nd striker with freedom to roam and create the offense while limiting his defensive responsibilities.
1) Boumsong, Henry, Bonnefoi, Kapo, etc.
2) That makes no sense whatsoever
3) Pazzini would be an expensive piece of junk.
4) I won't even bother
5) Giovinco is dead.

Jan 14, 2010
1) Boumsong, Henry, Bonnefoi, Kapo, etc.
2) That makes no sense whatsoever
3) Pazzini would be an expensive piece of junk.
4) I won't even bother
5) Giovinco is dead.
1) Remove Henry from the list he never got a fair chance under Ancelotti
(Platini, Zidane, Deschamps, Thuram and Trezeguet)
2) The 4-4-2 check the history have almost always been our formation (Trap, Lippi, Ancelotti, Capello etc)
3) No comment you're crazy
4) The guy is amazing and has already proven he can lead a team to glory
5) Ridiculous absolute Nonsense!

CarloP

Jan 24, 2010

Caceres--------Bonucci----Cheillini-------Criscito/De Ceglie

Would rather have:

----------------------Buffon
Caceres------Kjaer-----Chiellini-----DC/Criscito
--------------Marchisio----Sissoko
------Gourcuff------Diego-------Giovinco
----------------------Hulk

Jan 14, 2010
Would rather have:

----------------------Buffon
Caceres------Kjaer-----Chiellini-----DC/Criscito
--------------Marchisio----Sissoko
------Gourcuff------Diego-------Giovinco
----------------------Hulk
You can't have Gourcuff and Diego in the same team they're basically the same type of players and they're not wingers, Ribery would be better for the right wing.

If that's the case we'll have to switch to a 4-2-2-2 with Giovinco playing as a striker.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
2) The 4-4-2 check the history have almost always been our formation (Trap, Lippi, Ancelotti, Capello etc)
Not true. Lippi and Ancelotti did NOT use the straight 4-4-2 WHATSOEVER. They used the 4-3-1-2, 4-3-3 and 3-4-1-2. I'm not sure about what Trap used because I was too young or not even born yet. But don't lie to folks here.

awit

Jan 10, 2010
Actually Lippi did use 4-4-2 after Zidane left. Still there's no reason to use a formation just because it has worked for a club in the past. Just keep Diego and get Ribery, fullbacks and a centre back. If there's still money left then get another striker. DP should be good for one more season with Amauri/Iaquinta, maybe Trez and even Immobile.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Actually Lippi did use 4-4-2 after Zidane left. Still there's no reason to use a formation just because it has worked for a club in the past. Just keep Diego and get Ribery, fullbacks and a centre back. If there's still money left then get another striker. DP should be good for one more season with Amauri/Iaquinta, maybe Trez and even Immobile.
Lippi did not use the straight 4-4-2. It was Nedved in front of Camo, Tacchinardi and Davids. Diamond midfield or 4-3-1-2 is what he used. It's not the same thing.

Jan 14, 2010
Not true. Lippi and Ancelotti did NOT use the straight 4-4-2 WHATSOEVER. They used the 4-3-1-2, 4-3-3 and 3-4-1-2. I'm not sure about what Trap used because I was too young or not even born yet. But don't lie to folks here.
Lippi used the 4-3-3 in 94/95 and 95/96 with Baggio, Vialli, Ravanelli and Del Piero) but when Zidane came in the 96/97 and 97/98 he switched to the 4-4-2

---------------------Peruzzi

Torricelli------Ferrara----Montero------Pessotto

Di Livio-------Davids----Deschamps---Zidane

---------------Del Piero--Inzaghi in 97/98

---------------Boksic-----Del Piero/Vieri in 96/97

This was the formation that was on the team sheet 4-4-2. Naturally Zidane would play more ahead but it was a 4-4-2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)