[Serie A] JUVENTUS 0-1 Napoli [April 22nd, 2018] (4 Viewers)

FIRE/SELL

• Allegri Y

• Allegri N

• Dybala Y

• Dybala N

• Higuain Y

• Higuain N

• Marotta Y

• Marotta N

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Starting line ups should be picked based on meritocracy. Benching the player that is by so, so far our best defender is absurd. When he stops being our leader in defense and most consistent performer then he can be phased out.

Suggesting that Chiellini is holding us back in CL while we field 10 worse players next to him...

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Starting line ups should be picked based on meritocracy. Benching the player that is by so, so far our best defender is absurd. When he stops being our leader in defense and most consistent performer then he can be phased out.

Suggesting that Chiellini is holding us back in CL while we field 10 worse players next to him...
I said the old collective group of Italians. Don't nitpick my words now.

Benatia gets all the blame for us being knocked out of Madrid but what about the collective blunder of Buffon and Chiellini in the first leg ? For all of Benatia's lack of concentration, Chiellini too has a blunder or two left in him when you don't expect him to. He's a great CB but he's error prone as well. Let's not get our agendas across here.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
You are just looking for reasons to bash foreign players at the club just so you could get your point across.
:D ok then, so you're also reading minds now.

what would be my reason to bash 'foreign' players? my favorite juve players included platini, zidane, trez, vidal and pavel. two of them, nedved and zidane are my two favorite players of all time, and i'm not even czech or french. you got it wrong completely.

i just replied to pirlo's beard who implied that juve should stay away from italians, and said that foreign players - e.g. benatia - make plenty of mistakes too. and i also never said that juve should be all italian. the best juve team i saw was the '97-99 team, with a healthy mix of italian and foreign players. i am convinced that to keep its identity, juve will always need to have some important italian players. that's all.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
I said the old collective group of Italians. Don't nitpick my words now.

Benatia gets all the blame for us being knocked out of Madrid but what about the collective blunder of Buffon and Chiellini in the first leg ? For all of Benatia's lack of concentration, Chiellini too has a blunder or two left in him when you don't expect him to. He's a great CB but he's error prone as well. Let's not get our agendas across here.
What nitpicking, it's literally what you wrote in your posts. The the group of old Italians is holding us back and that Chiellini should be benched. I haven't even blamed anyone, you are the one pushing an agenda.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
:D ok then, so you're also reading minds now.

what would be my reason to bash 'foreign' players? my favorite juve players included platini, zidane, trez, vidal and pavel. two of them, nedved and zidane are my two favorite players of all time, and i'm not even czech or french. you got it wrong completely.

i just replied to pirlo's beard who implied that juve should stay away from italians, and said that foreign players - e.g. benatia - make plenty of mistakes too. and i also never said that juve should be all italian. the best juve team i saw was the '97-99 team, with a healthy mix of italian and foreign players. i am convinced that to keep its identity, juve will always need to have some important italian players. that's all.
But you were correlating Juve's loss in form or lack of motivation to moving away from their roots and that is where I completely disagree. It certainly hasn't been the case for the past few years.

I agree it is important to have an Italian core not necessarily all of them as starters but a group of 10-12 who understand the value of the club but I don't think having more Italians in the current team would have effected our outcome this season differently. There are very few Italian players who are good enough to start for this Juventus so at best, you look for some youngsters and groom them so they could potentially play a key role for Juventus in the future which is what we are doing now and we should be ok with it.

- - - Updated - - -

What nitpicking, it's literally what you wrote in your posts. The the group of old Italians is holding us back and that Chiellini should be benched. I haven't even blamed anyone, you are the one pushing an agenda.
Does this old group of Italians only include Chiellini? So we agree Buffon and Barzagli should go ?

At this point you're just arguing with me for the sake of it.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...There are very few Italian players who are good enough to start for this Juventus so at best, you look for some youngsters and groom them so they could potentially play a key role for Juventus in the future which is what we are doing now and we should be ok with it.
that's my main problem with our transfer policy. we just won't put any faith in some italian youngsters. verratti is the prime and ever present example to that, but gagliardini and romagnoli are similarly talented and we never tried to sign them. and all 3 were available at some point of their career. with some italian youngsters like rugani, caldara, mandragora, gagliardini, verratti and romagnoli, we could have the core of the team for the next 10 years. in the meantime, we have a world record of more than 50 loaned out players, so we're happy to use young players as bargaining chips or investments - just not as actual football players.

btw buffon should absolutely retire. i love him to death and as a fan i'm thankful for what he has done for juve during the past 17 seasons, but he has become a liability. chiellini should absolutely stay for next season as he's one of the few warriors left in our squad and he's still our best cb. i'm not sure about barza. i guess he still might be useful as a squad player.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Does this old group of Italians only include Chiellini? So we agree Buffon and Barzagli should go ?

At this point you're just arguing with me for the sake of it.
It doesn't only include Chiellini (who you said should be benched) but he is part of a group of up to 3 players, many times 2. So yeah, its nonsense.

Buffon and Barzagli should end their time at Juve in the summer, yes. They certainly haven't held us back in the CL though. What holds us back is having a below par midfield and inconsistent fullbacks too. These three players are the farthest thing from anything holding us back in CL. That's not a thing.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
@Mark, hes insulting our legend, please ban :disagree:
I'm not insulting him, I love the dude. But you have to agree he looks awkward when he runs with the ball. :D

Like a headless chicken. :p Where is that Chiello who scared every opponent 5 years ago, f.e. ?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
no, we need him for match threads.

:p
:scared:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not insulting him, I love the dude. But you have to agree he looks awkward when he runs with the ball. :D

Like a headless chicken. :p Where is that Chiello who scared every opponent 5 years ago, f.e. ?
he looks funny sometimes, but hes our only CB that can dribble the ball from our box to the opponents, you dont see many CBs capable of that.

and he aged, cant stay a beast forever

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
he looks funny sometimes, but hes our only CB that can dribble the ball from our box to the opponents, you dont see many CBs capable of that.

and he aged, cant stay a beast forever
True. How is Caldara doing? Rugani not showing signs of a monster CB like Chiello was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)