[Serie A] Juventus 0-1 Napoli [23rd April, 2023 20:45 CEST] (6 Viewers)

frick

Apr 4, 2010
even on SKY they said the ref couldn't go to VAR because on the field he judged there was no contact.
It's the sad state of Italy right now: favors Juve and you're rotten but favors their opponent and you're forgiven. Whether the decision is correct or not is irrelevant to the circus of Italian media.

It's no excuse to lost though, we used to beat Napoli just for fun.

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
To be honest its not the same. Cuadrado placed his legs so it would touch the defender and then fell. There is a clear touch from Milik on the Napoli actor but I am not sure its one which warrants a foul. Its a situation where either decision should be accepted.
Cuadrado was a clear dive. nothing debatable about it.
It's not the same, sure. One could make an argument that at the speed Cuadrado was charging the slightest contact is enough. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a foul and a penalty, but i've seen a number of penalties like that (grounded on technicality) given against Juventus. It's very easy to do, zoom in on the feet> find an angle where the contact is clearly visible> play it back and fourth emphasizing the contact> no choice but to call it a penalty. Technically there was a contact.
One could also make an argument that the ref was allowing some hustle all game long, so according to the precedent he set himself- no way it's a foul by Milik.
Then we come to the whole thing about can you or can you not check the supposed foul or not. Since it seems to change on who wants to check it; if it's a possible foul by Juve, then by all means, please check. If it's against Juve- fuck off.
Couple of seasons ago we had an example like that in the same week, when it was not possible to check an attacking foul against us then the next game Juventus goal was disallowed for the same thing.
Paraphrasing the famous chief of police: VAR is powerless to *help* you, not punish you.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
that's not even the issue. it doesn't matter whether it's a foul or not, see mark's post at the bottom of the previous page: by the protocol fabbri didn't even have the possibility to check it. just to make it clear again, refs violated their protocol, that goal should have stood. (and it was a 50-50 contact, swap the shirts and it's a goal they never check.)
Is that actually true / confirmed?

I don't know the exact rules in Italy, but I know in Belgium VAR has to check every goal (and whatever leads up to it). I assumed the same rule applied everywhere, but maybe it doesn't.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I've seen 5 or more goals disallowed for a foul at the beginning of the action, even when the ref initially said "play on". VAR silently checks everything, but calls the ref to check himself only if clear and obvious error was made. In this case VAR thought that the ref's call to let the play continue was an obvious error because Milik made a clear foul.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
That di Maria goal shouldve stood. But once again our attacking display was very dry, this team doesnt know what to do in the final 3rd.
I dont think we can blame the ref for this one even if he could also allow it.
There was also a serious incident in our favor as Gatti delivered a clear elbow to Kvara. Without that elbow (in which he was lucky not to get a red) I`d call him our player of the game but with this one - Danilo is my MOTM

- - - Updated - - -

It's not the same, sure. One could make an argument that at the speed Cuadrado was charging the slightest contact is enough. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a foul and a penalty, but i've seen a number of penalties like that (grounded on technicality) given against Juventus. It's very easy to do, zoom in on the feet> find an angle where the contact is clearly visible> play it back and fourth emphasizing the contact> no choice but to call it a penalty. Technically there was a contact.
One could also make an argument that the ref was allowing some hustle all game long, so according to the precedent he set himself- no way it's a foul by Milik.
Then we come to the whole thing about can you or can you not check the supposed foul or not. Since it seems to change on who wants to check it; if it's a possible foul by Juve, then by all means, please check. If it's against Juve- fuck off.
Couple of seasons ago we had an example like that in the same week, when it was not possible to check an attacking foul against us then the next game Juventus goal was disallowed for the same thing.
Paraphrasing the famous chief of police: VAR is powerless to *help* you, not punish you.
About Cuadrado - its not a penalty and we shouldnt concede penalties like that either (although its easier for ref to go against Juve due to the rest of the league applying pressure against calls in Juve`s favor.

Should I had to give a non biased input - This goal should have stood and Cuad shouldnt receive a penalty but Gatti would also get a red and 10 men Juve against Napoli isnt a pretty thing to watch.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Is that actually true / confirmed?

I don't know the exact rules in Italy, but I know in Belgium VAR has to check every goal (and whatever leads up to it). I assumed the same rule applied everywhere, but maybe it doesn't.
sky studio experts confirmed it. the protocol is clear, var can only intervene in case of a clear and obvious error or serious missed incident. this is neither.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Should I had to give a non biased input - This goal should have stood and Cuad shouldnt receive a penalty but Gatti would also get a red and 10 men Juve against Napoli isnt a pretty thing to watch.
I see it the same way. I guess I need to check my eyes because many here see a clear foul by Milik. I just don't see a foul which demands disallowing a goal. Imo the goal must have stood.
Gatti's was as clear a red card as it gets, and Cuadrado's fall/dive is never a penalty with VAR, be it for or against Juventus. (even though he once pulled something similar off against Inter and we got a penalty).

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Protocols do not exist in Italy.

It’s a case of make it up as you go along, never accept any blame or admit you did anything wrong for the sake of preserving egos, jobs and inhibiting improvement or growth.

If possible say nothing at all and let it all peter out.

Invent a law or rule that has been breached when it suits or feels like it could be beneficial.

Anyone remember the game against Milan about 2 seasons ago when Rabbit was clearly fouled, I think Leao countered and passed to Calabria and scored. There is no consistency and we’ve gone from a world of 4 incompetent refs, to 6 incompetent refs + VAR. How does anyone take this country and league seriously?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
1682283615242.png

If there is a God...
1543338833_906.jpg

razzismo-juve-320x208-620x420.jpg

f901786d77e5834bb759ffc4f34ff945-82672.jpg

With your luck, you'll be there as a tourist if Vesuvius erupts.
Seriously though.

@Badass FIGC, do let me know when you're gonna be there. I'll be in Napoli in a couple of weeks myself ... celebrating my engagement anniversary back on the Amalfi coast (which is the Juve-Inter infamous May 5, 2002). And I'll be going by Herculaneum on my way back to Naples on the 10th. So please stay clear. :panic:

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
1543338833_906.jpg

razzismo-juve-320x208-620x420.jpg

f901786d77e5834bb759ffc4f34ff945-82672.jpg

Seriously though.

@Badass FIGC, do let me know when you're gonna be there. I'll be in Napoli in a couple of weeks myself ... celebrating my engagement anniversary back on the Amalfi coast (which is the Juve-Inter infamous May 5, 2002). And I'll be going by Herculaneum on my way back to Naples on the 10th. So please stay clear. :panic:
Why would anyone celebrate anything in that shithole though?

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
About Cuadrado - its not a penalty and we shouldnt concede penalties like that either
Agreed. You are 100% right. The problem is that we do concede penalties like that.
The lack of consistency on anything VAR related in Italy is mind boggling. That and the miraculous incompetence/ stupidity of VAR room (if we believe that there is no agenda against certain teams).

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
VAR was always a lie for morons who think you can digitize humanity and get closer to some universal truth of god. It's religious nonsense.

Just as it's nonsense to believe that a match where Juve did little to deserve a point, a bad ref call stole their deserved victory. :andyandbarcelona:

1-0 is better than 5-1. But this club still has no business thinking it deserves to win the league or better the likes of an Oh-semen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)