[Serie A] Juventus 0-1 Napoli [23rd April, 2023 20:45 CEST] (3 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I see it the same way. I guess I need to check my eyes because many here see a clear foul by Milik. I just don't see a foul which demands disallowing a goal. Imo the goal must have stood.
Gatti's was as clear a red card as it gets, and Cuadrado's fall/dive is never a penalty with VAR, be it for or against Juventus. (even though he once pulled something similar off against Inter and we got a penalty).
I always try to be fair, bias gets in the way sometimes so it doesn’t always work. But in this case it seemed like that would have been a normal play, the kind that happens a thousand times every week EXCEPT they had VAR catch it and looking at that replay at a good angle and at a much slowed down speed I must admit the foul looked clear as day to me.

He touched the player first then the ball. It’s the kind of foul if that had happened to us we would
be punching holes in the wall if the goal wasn’t disallowed.

Then there’s Gatti who should’ve been sent out. And Cuadrado pissing me off with his stupid diving every fucking match.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
I feel this is a slippery slope which spirals more and more out of control.

One thing is to use VAR as a tool to help out the refs make the right call when unsure. But to reverse an already-made call to play on suggests that VAR can be used by the officials as they see fit.

Either you go full NFL or you make clear guidelines when to use technology (like in Tennis). This in-between thing, where some calls are reviewed and reversed, while others aren't even reviewed is pure poison for the sport.
1682331809927.png

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
1543338833_906.jpg

razzismo-juve-320x208-620x420.jpg

f901786d77e5834bb759ffc4f34ff945-82672.jpg

Seriously though.

@Badass FIGC, do let me know when you're gonna be there. I'll be in Napoli in a couple of weeks myself ... celebrating my engagement anniversary back on the Amalfi coast (which is the Juve-Inter infamous May 5, 2002). And I'll be going by Herculaneum on my way back to Naples on the 10th. So please stay clear. :panic:
The funny thing is I planned to go to the match yesterday back in November but I couldn't get the time off work as I'm off to Cyprus in a few weeks instead

- - - Updated - - -

I always try to be fair, bias gets in the way sometimes so it doesn’t always work. But in this case it seemed like that would have been a normal play, the kind that happens a thousand times every week EXCEPT they had VAR catch it and looking at that replay at a good angle and at a much slowed down speed I must admit the foul looked clear as day to me.

He touched the player first then the ball. It’s the kind of foul if that had happened to us we would
be punching holes in the wall if the goal wasn’t disallowed.

Then there’s Gatti who should’ve been sent out. And Cuadrado pissing me off with his stupid diving every fucking match.
Thing is VAR is meant to be used to identify a clear and obvious error. At best that challenge was a 50/50 so it's not clear and obvious especially as the ref had a good view of it in real time. Total misuse of the system.

Last edited:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Was nice to see our single pressing action create a big chance in the 80th minute. Just as a reminder to how stupid our coach is.

Infallible Anguissa gets pressed one time and suddenly becomes a bidone again. Imagine that.

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
VAR was always a lie for morons who think you can digitize humanity and get closer to some universal truth of god. It's religious nonsense.

Just as it's nonsense to believe that a match where Juve did little to deserve a point, a bad ref call stole their deserved victory. :andyandbarcelona:

1-0 is better than 5-1. But this club still has no business thinking it deserves to win the league or better the likes of an Oh-semen.
How about Salernitana. Did we deserve to win that one? Or a bad ref stole the win?
Did we won all the games we deserved to win?
Did we won some games we shouldn't win?
Maybe it's not always about what you deserve, but what you actually achieve?

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
We absolutely deserved a point though.
Maybe in a surprise counter way. But that marking on Jack in the Box?

Man, this is nice and all but ask yourself if going there is worth it if you have to pass through garbage town. Maybe try going by a boat or something.
There was a time I thought every Neapolitan was a varying level of con artist. That's still true, just that I've encountered some cooler people at the bottom of that ladder of success.

And since then I discovered a lot of local things that are somewhat redeeming.

Not saying I love Napoli, but there's something about a place that you have to earn your right to be there. Think New York City. Think "Chicago: Where the Weak Are Killed and Eaten." If you can't hack it and the town spits you out, you sure as hell didn't belong. I can respect that much, fokking tourists and all. The best digital nomad is a digital nomad with six knife wounds in a Quartieri Spagnoli alleyway.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
1543338833_906.jpg

razzismo-juve-320x208-620x420.jpg

f901786d77e5834bb759ffc4f34ff945-82672.jpg

Seriously though.

@Badass FIGC, do let me know when you're gonna be there. I'll be in Napoli in a couple of weeks myself ... celebrating my engagement anniversary back on the Amalfi coast (which is the Juve-Inter infamous May 5, 2002). And I'll be going by Herculaneum on my way back to Naples on the 10th. So please stay clear. :panic:
Congrats dude!

But I'm confused, are you saying you've been engaged since 2002?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Jesus Christ we are facing a Curva closure because chanting that crapoli fans should use soap when washing is somehow territorial discrimination. FUCK OFF FIGC

- - - Updated - - -

I remember going to watch Notts County play earlier this season and we were singing about the opposition how the wheels on their house go round and round (Caravan) fucking hell the FIGC are a bunch of snow flake fucks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)