[Serie A] JUVENTUS 0-0 Siena (5th-Feb-2012) (54 Viewers)

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
What are you getting at? This Siena match isn't going to decide our fate at the Scudetto.

Milan, Inter, Napoli, Lazio, etc. will.
There's 10 easy points that will, and even if we lose to any of the aforementioned and lose first position it will be down on reality to the fact we didn't win these 'easy' games. Milan are still in with a shout despite fucking up most of their big games.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Summing it up, the biggest opponent Juve faces every match is its own LACK OF TALENT. We need talent upfront. These draws are understandable when your front is based on Pepe, Vucinic and Matri. Tactics are great, but we need some class to decide games like that. Pirlo alone is not enough.

Also, it seems clear that Juve will pay during a long, long time, for CALCIOPOLI, regardless it is true and fair or not.

About the players, can't help but commenting.

WHAT THE FUCK IS BORRIELLO DOING IN JUVENTUS????? Such a loser. He was PATHETIC, of course. He IS pathetic.

But what is impossible to understand is WHY THE HELL CONTE USED HIM INSTEAD OF DEL PIERO. He can't do that to him. It's a lack of respect. Borriello is shit AND has just arrived. He already had more opportunities than Elia. WHY? Why use him instead of Quagliarella?

Vucinic was miserable, Matri was fighting the ball as usual, Marchisio in the last games is looking like the old Marchisio, the ghost he used to be troughout 90% of his career.

Also, Vidal and Licht are not in good form.

On the other hand, De Ceglie had the best game I've ever seen. He was decent.

The thing is: this team had players overperforming. We desperately need talent in the offensive end.
What we need is some more Brazilian talents, like Jonathan.

kronos

Aug 16, 2011
Summing it up, the biggest opponent Juve faces every match is its own LACK OF TALENT. We need talent upfront. These draws are understandable when your front is based on Pepe, Vucinic and Matri. Tactics are great, but we need some class to decide games like that. Pirlo alone is not enough.

Also, it seems clear that Juve will pay during a long, long time, for CALCIOPOLI, regardless it is true and fair or not.

About the players, can't help but commenting.

WHAT THE FUCK IS BORRIELLO DOING IN JUVENTUS????? Such a loser. He was PATHETIC, of course. He IS pathetic.

But what is impossible to understand is WHY THE HELL CONTE USED HIM INSTEAD OF DEL PIERO. He can't do that to him. It's a lack of respect. Borriello is shit AND has just arrived. He already had more opportunities than Elia. WHY? Why use him instead of Quagliarella?

Vucinic was miserable, Matri was fighting the ball as usual, Marchisio in the last games is looking like the old Marchisio, the ghost he used to be troughout 90% of his career.

Also, Vidal and Licht are not in good form.

On the other hand, De Ceglie had the best game I've ever seen. He was decent.

The thing is: this team had players overperforming. We desperately need talent in the offensive end.
:tup:

Yep, we seriously lack talent, everyone was giving the ball to Pirlo wishing he'd pull something out of his ass.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
There's 10 easy points that will, and even if we lose to any of the aforementioned and lose first position it will be down on reality to the fact we didn't win these 'easy' games. Milan are still in with a shout despite fucking up most of their big games.
Not winning against small teams will definitely have an impact. These small teams always step up in Juventus games but play shit against each other. The attack up front definitely needs to be more clinical without a moment of doubt.

Juventus tend to step up in big games and so will their opponents. So far we have picked up points against Lazio, Milan and Inter and draw Napoli and Roma away. These 4 teams will have to come to Juventus to play while we will play against Milan (hopefully Zlatan gets a ban). While I'm not worried that Juventus will do well against them, my biggest concern is still the scoring part and the choice of attackers. I will prefer the Quag-Matri partnership with Giaccherini as the attacking midfielder given that Pepe and Vucinic are way out of form, with the latter 2 as bench role as they have just recovered from injury.

De Ceglie should start as LB to boost more confidence in him. I know the red card incident must still have an impact on him, but I will remember how he made Zambrotta look like a fool. More chances should be given to this man to improve his defensive aspects of the game

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
:tup:

Yep, we seriously lack talent, everyone was giving the ball to Pirlo wishing he'd pull something out of his ass.
He actually sent away some great passes, though. The one to Lichtsteiner in the first half was sublime. Should've been a goal had it not been for Licht's poor finish. There were some other great passes as well.

IMO, Pirlo was our best player today. I also liked Giaccherini. Our problem was that Vidal and Marchisio both had an off-day, and that our attackers were just awful.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Looking at the other results our result is not that bad but considering that this is exactly what we need at such times makes it all much worse. We fail to materialize each and every time our opponents are losing points, we don't know how to take advantage of these situations and put ourselves in the comfort zone. We are one point ahead of Milan and with a game in hand, how much better would it have been had we had three points ahead of them and with that game in hand? The sloppy approach saddens me, we make teams like Siena look like they are world class in defence and we make their keepers world class by shooting straight at him from the very first attempt.

We all know that the referees won't make it easy for us and it was obvious that the penalty would not have been given even if it were a foul in the area and he was standing so close, let alone a hands situation. It's really sad but we are in a league where we have to do everything on our own, we have to beat the small teams as easily as the others contenders do, we have to beat them with sweat not like the others do. We will never get easy penalties.

Looking at the table, I still feel happy but I could have been much happier.

As for Conte, I am really disappointed in him. Vucinic was not playing well and who does he sub in instead? Boriello. Why not Del Piero? I have a strong feeling that tells me with Del Piero on the pitch we would have won the match. Would have is not something we should look at anyway...I'm just saying.

Let's beat the shit out Catania next and before that let us upset Milan in their pathetic stadium.

Aug 1, 2003
Siena overcrowded us in defense as well. There were times when I wish we had talented enough players (barring pirlo) who could take a shot from out of the box or from set pieces, it seemed like the only way to break it at times.

good: pirlo, giacc, de ceglie.
bad: borriello, vidal, marchisio
ugly: vucinic

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Exactly why are people saying Borriello was bad today? Conte subbed him at the wrong time, for the wrong player on the wrong position. When he was moved more toward the centre, he actually set up a clear cut opportunity that Giacch wasted away. Still better than Matri, should start imo.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Looking at the other results our result is not that bad but considering that this is exactly what we need at such times makes it all much worse. We fail to materialize each and every time our opponents are losing points, we don't know how to take advantage of these situations and put ourselves in the comfort zone. We are one point ahead of Milan and with a game in hand, how much better would it have been had we had three points ahead of them and with that game in hand? The sloppy approach saddens me, we make teams like Siena look like they are world class in defence and we make their keepers world class by shooting straight at him from the very first attempt.
Did you see the Siena coach had tears in his eyes at the end?

Fint

Aug 13, 2010

We all know that the referees won't make it easy for us and it was obvious that the penalty would not have been given even if it were a foul in the area and he was standing so close, let alone a hands situation. It's really sad but we are in a league where we have to do everything on our own, we have to beat the small teams as easily as the others contenders do, we have to beat them with sweat not like the others do. We will never get easy penalties.

Looking at the table, I still feel happy but I could have been much happier.

As for Conte, I am really disappointed in him. Vucinic was not playing well and who does he sub in instead? Boriello. Why not Del Piero? I have a strong feeling that tells me with Del Piero on the pitch we would have won the match. Would have is not something we should look at anyway...I'm just saying.

Let's beat the shit out Catania next and before that let us upset Milan in their pathetic stadium.
Well said, agree with all the points you made there.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Did you see the Siena coach had tears in his eyes at the end?
No I didn't but our sloppy approach definitely made it easier for him. He knew that had we played at our potential we would have beaten the shit out of his crappy team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)