[Serie A] Juve 2-3 Parma, May 9th, 2010 (1 Viewer)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Buffon- No chance on any of the goals. Other than which, was competent enough...6.5/10

De Ceglie- Shocking. As always. He is simply not a natural footballer. He has pace...nothing more whatsoever. Positioning, dribbling, passing, tackling ALL terrible. Nowhere near good enough to be playing for a Serie A team. 1/10

Chiellini- Strong enough, quick enough, but too eager to be pulled into attack to help our failing offensive unit. 6/10

Canna- Solid, but slow. Read the game well...too much to deal with. 6/10

Caceres- He has not shown enough this season to warrant paying 5m let alone 10m. Passing wretched. Positionally lacking...too much still to learn to be considered an option for a serie A team with desire to be amongst the top few in italy. 4/10.

Poulsen- Kept it simple, but fairly anemic. 5.5/10

Melo- why o fucking why is he tasked with being Alonso, when he is Melo??? His distribution was shocking. Other than the pass for our first goal. many more misplaced passes than accurate passes. drifts all over the field. 4/10

Marchiso- not a great game for our beloved claudio. Lacked bit in the final third. spent more time tackling and running into opposition players than producing anything decent. 5/10

Diego- Imposible for him to do much when he has 3 defensive midfielders behind him. he yet again was trying to be left winger, right winger, attacking central midfielder, all in one go, with very few other players capable of passing. He huffed and puffed, but lack of movement and talent around him makes his job impossible...6/10

DP- lovely taken goal, but his free kicks weren't great. Weak, no pace...needs to be benched. Amusing to see him confront the fans...only in italy eh!. 6/10

Iaquinta- still gaining fitness. Caused problems but lacked direction. 6/10

SUBS
Candreva...add mobility in moving the ball between midfield and attack. the game was already lost...promising, but enough to suggest signing him?? unsure...6/10

Grosso- Bothersome. 4/10

trez- not enough time. N/a

Overall...
Why play 3 defensive midfielders, behind one AM, when our ONLY brief flirtation with Decent Form came when we played just one extra ball playing midfielder in the 3??? 3 Defensive midfielders, for our last home game of a terrible season. Bad tactics.

I can't wait for the Summer.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Melo was our MOM. Stop being so biased.
Biased towards who????

When a player constantly passes the ball, not just to the opposition, but 20-30 yards away from any of our players...he is more a hindrance to the team than a help. He has been doing it all season. Trying to be a playmaker, forced to be for some reason, I assume tactics.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Biased towards who????

When a player constantly passes the ball, not just to the opposition, but 20-30 yards away from any of our players...he is more a hindrance to the team than a help. He has been doing it all season. Trying to be a playmaker, forced to be for some reason, I assume tactics.
He actually carried the ball alot more today. You sure you were not mistaking him with Poulsen today?

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
He actually carried the ball alot more today. You sure you were not mistaking him with Poulsen today?

Different colours...quite easy to tell apart. Though I assume you are aiming for sarcasm!

Yes, I saw Melo play many terrible passes, which were not even close to a runner, just into space, aimless.

I used to think that our problems were mainly the board and management. Now I have changed my mind, and am accepting that we play often with very poor players in oyr starting XI.

I cannot believe that anyone here believes that Caceres is worth 10m or whatever the buy agreement would be. Nor, that any of our players had a decent game yesterday.

the same problem, as has been all season. Too much industry in the middle. little movement up front, and only ONE player capable of consistently connecting defence/mid and attack.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Different colours...quite easy to tell apart. Though I assume you are aiming for sarcasm!

Yes, I saw Melo play many terrible passes, which were not even close to a runner, just into space, aimless.

I used to think that our problems were mainly the board and management. Now I have changed my mind, and am accepting that we play often with very poor players in oyr starting XI.

I cannot believe that anyone here believes that Caceres is worth 10m or whatever the buy agreement would be. Nor, that any of our players had a decent game yesterday.

the same problem, as has been all season. Too much industry in the middle. little movement up front, and only ONE player capable of consistently connecting defence/mid and attack.
Melo fluffed a ton of passes in the first half but improved big time in the second. He was definitely as important play going forward and made some brilliant tackles as well. Marchisio on the other hand did nothing all game, so why should he deserve a better rating? At least Melo had the ball to pass.

I've gotta say I like the way Candreva plays. Its so much more direct then Diego. Candreva is a great passer while Diego is an excellent dribbler of the ball (he is also capable of great passes but mucks around too much with it). He looked for gaps on the counter and tried to put the ball through, its simple and extremely effective and if he gets into a rythym I'd sure he'd be quite good at it. I'd like to see him Diego and Gio in the same midfield. Would definitely trouble any defence.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Candreva, Diego and Gio in front of one or two central, robust midfielders, would be wonderful to see...Maybe too late now though, as Gio might leave or be sold as a bargaining chip, and I have no idea whether we are aiming to prolong Candreva;s stay...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Caceres- He has not shown enough this season to warrant paying 5m let alone 10m. Passing wretched. Positionally lacking...too much still to learn to be considered an option for a serie A team with desire to be amongst the top few in italy. 4/10.

Massive double standards here.

Jasp

Mar 19, 2009
Caceras should be reloaned if possible. With a good coach he can improve his positioning. He can be good, but I agree he does not warrant 10M right now. Thats almost as most as Kjær.

Heir

Apr 6, 2010
Buffon- No chance on any of the goals. Other than which, was competent enough...6.5/10

De Ceglie- Shocking. As always. He is simply not a natural footballer. He has pace...nothing more whatsoever. Positioning, dribbling, passing, tackling ALL terrible. Nowhere near good enough to be playing for a Serie A team. 1/10

Chiellini- Strong enough, quick enough, but too eager to be pulled into attack to help our failing offensive unit. 6/10

Canna- Solid, but slow. Read the game well...too much to deal with. 6/10

Poulsen- Kept it simple, but fairly anemic. 5.5/10

Melo- why o fucking why is he tasked with being Alonso, when he is Melo??? His distribution was shocking. Other than the pass for our first goal. many more misplaced passes than accurate passes. drifts all over the field. 4/10

Marchiso- not a great game for our beloved claudio. Lacked bit in the final third. spent more time tackling and running into opposition players than producing anything decent. 5/10

Diego- Imposible for him to do much when he has 3 defensive midfielders behind him. he yet again was trying to be left winger, right winger, attacking central midfielder, all in one go, with very few other players capable of passing. He huffed and puffed, but lack of movement and talent around him makes his job impossible...6/10

DP- lovely taken goal, but his free kicks weren't great. Weak, no pace...needs to be benched. Amusing to see him confront the fans...only in italy eh!. 6/10

SUBS
Candreva...add mobility in moving the ball between midfield and attack. the game was already lost...promising, but enough to suggest signing him?? unsure...6/10

Grosso- Bothersome. 4/10

trez- not enough time. N/a

Overall...
Why play 3 defensive midfielders, behind one AM, when our ONLY brief flirtation with Decent Form came when we played just one extra ball playing midfielder in the 3??? 3 Defensive midfielders, for our last home game of a terrible season. Bad tactics.

I can't wait for the Summer.
+rep

You seem to know nothing about football, but I quite like the way you write.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)