Serie A: Inter vs Juventus [March 22 , 2008] (7 Viewers)

Sep 14, 2003
what is with the New Poland thing btw?

and aren't you a Yank in fact or is my memory streaking?

New Poland? There are many Poles imigrating here in fairly high numbers. I live close to Southampton, which is said to be the Polish capital of the UK. It's not to bash them, I consider myself an imigrant too.

I'm Italian, born in Italy to Italian parents but moved here when I was young. I only have an Italian passport.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
New Poland? There are many Poles imigrating here in fairly high numbers. I live close to Southampton, which is said to be the Polish capital of the UK. It's not to bash them, I consider myself an imigrant too.
I read recently that some of "our people" didn't like it there as much as they thought they would so they started moving back to Poland. :D

I'm Italian, born in Italy to Italian parents but moved here when I was young. I only have an Italian passport.
Oh, must have gotten that one wrong long ago.

Sep 14, 2003
I read recently that some of "our people" didn't like it there as much as they thought they would so they started moving back to Poland. :D
Yeah they wised up pretty quicky as to how crap it is here and didn't fancy being exploited by working virtually as slaves.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006

Oh, must have gotten that one wrong long ago.
yeh, i was reading an article about this in the economist. it is found that a lot of them come here with good degree and take poor jobs. and the average stay for a pole is 2-3 years, and most of the money they make goes back home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)