Serie A: Inter vs Juventus [March 22 , 2008] (6 Viewers)

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
HOW ON EARTH IS IT WRONG TO WATCH JUVE DURING HOLY WEEK???

In the name of the Catholic church, Grow up Lou.

FORZA JUVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You misunderstood me, sir.

Has nothing to do with the Church.

I choose to do it every year, as my sacrifice.

True, in most years we haven't played our most hated rival ;)

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Mancio looks on the bright side

Roberto Mancini opted to take the sarcastic route when commenting on Juve’s offside goal. “At least they won’t say we’re favoured by referees anymore.”

The deadlock was broken in the 2-1 home defeat this evening by a Mauro Camoranesi strike that was clearly in an offside position.

“There’s not much I can do about it now, these things happen. At least they won’t say we’re favoured by referees anymore.”

The Coach has been increasingly angry at what he sees as media bias against his team that has highlighted refereeing errors in favour of the Serie A leaders.

“In the first half we defended well and played OK. We didn’t make the most of our chances, as at the moment our strikers are not in the best shape.

“When you concede a goal, it becomes difficult to get back into it. As for the 2-0, we were pouring forward and left space for David Trezeguet.”

Nuno Maniche did get Inter back into the game and hit the upright deep into stoppages.

“We tried to get the equaliser and the whole match seemed to change in the space of 10 minutes. We could not have done more, as this is a tricky time.”

The Nerazzurri were without several injured stars including Esteban Cambiasso, Patrick Vieira, Walter Samuel, Olivier Dacourt and Ivan Cordoba.

“The fact we have lost so many players is something we are paying the price for. We must not have regrets over this game, as it is behind us now.”

The result does mean their lead at the top of the Serie A table is reduced to just four points following Roma’s 2-1 victory over Empoli.

“I have always said that regardless of how many points separate us, it is a campaign we must play until the end. We have an advantage and there are eight games left, so I think we can win all eight.”

channel4....

May 4, 2004
What a spirit our team had.. What a match...
I really believed we could win a we really did..
Should have ended 3-1 or even 4-1 for us!..

Forza Juve.. And Ranieri did great once again..

Juventino_NJ

Sep 16, 2006
Ranieri likes a challenge Saturday

22 March, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claudio Ranieri believes Juventus are constructed to do well against big clubs like Inter rather than the relegation strugglers.

With tonight’s 2-1 Derby d’Italia victory, they have taken four points off both the Nerazzurri and Roma.

“We played with depth and desire, that is important. We wanted to win and we achieved that,” beamed the tactician.

“We struggled in some instances, but when there is an open game then we are right in there. When there are teams that clam up, either we find a moment of brilliance from an individual champion or we’re in trouble.”

Mauro Camoranesi opened the scoring and David Trezeguet secured victory, even though Nuno Maniche gave Juve a scare.

“Camoranesi has quality and is a wonderful player. Sometimes he holds on to the ball too much, but in some circumstances he takes the pressure off the team, dribbles past people and earns free kicks. He fits in well with Momo Sissoko.”

Alessandro Del Piero did not score, but he set up Trezeguet’s goal and was denied on several occasions by Julio Cesar.

“He trains with his own fitness Coach and then he trains with us. He knows how to deal with his own body and can also talk with me in a relaxed manner. Ale believes in this project and the champions like him set a great example for the younger players.”

Juve have consolidated third place and have an eye on second if Roma slip up in the remaining eight games.

“I don’t know if Inter have lost their form, but we are in good shape and we are proving that. We have to maintain this intensity, then we’ll see where we end up.”

Apr 15, 2006
Fuck teh CL spot... CR made every Juve fans' dream this year a reality! fuckin them up in a league game was what we needed, and when he didnt really expect it, after a dismal performance over Empoli, he surprises us with THIS!

im not gonna question if it was really Ranieri's tactics or the players' determination, but in the end, we beat Inter! :weee:

i wud've really liked it if Iaquinta wud've scored somehow. then we cud've said "Iaquinta did fuck Intah!" :lol:

FORZA JUVE!!!

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
Ranieri likes a challenge Saturday

22 March, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claudio Ranieri believes Juventus are constructed to do well against big clubs like Inter rather than the relegation strugglers.

With tonight’s 2-1 Derby d’Italia victory, they have taken four points off both the Nerazzurri and Roma.

“We played with depth and desire, that is important. We wanted to win and we achieved that,” beamed the tactician.

“We struggled in some instances, but when there is an open game then we are right in there. When there are teams that clam up, either we find a moment of brilliance from an individual champion or we’re in trouble.”

Mauro Camoranesi opened the scoring and David Trezeguet secured victory, even though Nuno Maniche gave Juve a scare.

“Camoranesi has quality and is a wonderful player. Sometimes he holds on to the ball too much, but in some circumstances he takes the pressure off the team, dribbles past people and earns free kicks. He fits in well with Momo Sissoko.”

Alessandro Del Piero did not score, but he set up Trezeguet’s goal and was denied on several occasions by Julio Cesar.

“He trains with his own fitness Coach and then he trains with us. He knows how to deal with his own body and can also talk with me in a relaxed manner. Ale believes in this project and the champions like him set a great example for the younger players.”

Juve have consolidated third place and have an eye on second if Roma slip up in the remaining eight games.

“I don’t know if Inter have lost their form, but we are in good shape and we are proving that. We have to maintain this intensity, then we’ll see where we end up.”

The fitness coach is doing wonders with Alex. I see him playing to his 50s if he keeps this up...

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
22/03/2008 22:31
Player Ratings: Inter 1-2 Juventus
Salvatore Bianchi rates the players on show at San Siro tonight…

22/03/2008 22:31
Player Ratings: Inter 1-2 Juventus
Salvatore Bianchi rates the players on show at San Siro tonight…
»Comments (75) Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us
galleria zoom Inter

Julio Cesar - 7: Was blameless on Juventus' goals, and made a number of excellent stops, especially from Del Piero, to prevent a bigger scoreline.

Maicon - 6: Made a number of trademark runs up and down the right flank, but too many loose passes. Created Maniche's goal excellently though.

Burdisso - 4: Was always going to be the Inter weak link, and this proved to be the case. Made an error on Trezeguet's goal.

Materazzi – 5: Has not been the same player since coming back from injury. Torn apart by Del Piero.

Maxwell - 7: Was excellent in the first half, easily getting the better of Salihamidizic. Not so prominent after the interval.

Zanetti – 7.5: Inter's best player as usual. An absolute class act. Never stopped running for his team.

Stankovic- 5.5: Missed two great chances in the first half with headers. A lot of quantity but not too much quality.

Chivu – 5: Looked out of his comfort zone in the centre of midfield. A tactical mistake by Mancini not to play him at the back.

Jimenez - 6: Was a bright spark, but his final ball let him down on one too many occasions.

Ibrahimovic – 5: Another big match, another big disappointment from Ibrahimovic. Freezes when it really matters.

Cruz - 5: Started brightly but soon faded out of the game. Was eventually substituted.

Subs: Suazo 7, Maniche 7, Balotelli 6.5

Juventus

Buffon - 8: Proved why he is the best goalkeeper in the world with a string of brilliant saves.

Grygera - 7: Grygera has really grown in recent weeks and he was excellent again tonight.

Legrottaglie - 6: Steady performance from the Juventus centre back. Did the simple things right.

Chiellini – 7.5: Started nervously, but soon grew to put in a collosus of a performance. Owned Ibrahimovic once again.

Molinaro - 7: A real asset for Juve going forward. Even the defensive side of his game was relatively sound.

Camoranesi – 7.5: Juve's most creative midfielder as always. Gave his side the lead, and ran at the Inter defence all night.

Sissoko - 7: Battled really well in the midfield. He had many critics when he signed for the club, but he is starting to win them over now.

Nedved – 6.5: Never stopped running all game. Nedved showed real heart, and at the age of 35 he is still an asset.

Salihamidzic - 5.5: Had a horrid time in the first half, beaten time and again by Maxwell. Improved after the break though, and made up for his earlier blemishes.

Del Piero – 8: Absolutely brilliant! Ran rings around Materazzi all night. Rolled back the years tonight. Only his shooting let him down, as he could have scored on at least three occasions.

Trezeguet - 7: Give Trezeguet a chance and he will score. This is exactly what happened tonight. More than lived up to his nickname of 'Trezegol' with Juve's number two.

Subs: Nocerino 6, Iaquinta 6

Salvatore Bianchi

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
i wonder what those c**** at inter forums are saying about tonight?????

let me guess they r crying there heart ouit about cammo's goal uh............... tough luck joint he club ladiezzzzzz

Apr 15, 2006
i wonder what those c**** at inter forums are saying about tonight?????

let me guess they r crying there heart ouit about cammo's goal uh............... tough luck joint he club ladiezzzzzz
well, it was Trezeguet's goal that was decisive today! we made most of their mistake so close to goal!!! :weee:

Inter got a taste of their own medicine... it's a good thing that the correct decision was not called against Inter before, cos it was called when it was most inportant, and wud hit Inter the most; TODAY! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)