[SERIE A] inter vs JUVENTUS (11/22/08) (4 Viewers)

Your prediction?

• Juventus win

• Draw

• Merda win

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 3, 2004
I don't think all hope is lost here.

We need to see how Ranieri and co. pick up from this match. We have to win at Zenit to regain morale.

On a "positive" note at least we didn't get thumped by 3 goals or more, given Inter's complete control of the game, and shutting us out. Defensively, Momo and Chiellini are Juve's strongest links. Legrottaglie was very shakey in defense (reminiscent of his 2003/2004 form). Marchionni had a good first half, but 2nd he kind of disappeared. Nedved had a bad game, totally ineffective. Up front Del Piero and Amauri were not getting any decent delivery. Grygera was solid, he's been very good for us last few games. And yes...wait for it...take a deep breath...Molinaro was O-KAY...I mean not as crap as he used to be, he seriously did have a good game. I'm *starting* to have a little hope in him. He's still weak with the ball though, but really is busting his ass out there, he's hard working and we got to give credit where credit is due. (I can't believe I just said that about Molinaro lol)

I seriously question the Iaquinta on for Amauri substitution. Not saying Giovinco on for Nedved would've turned the game around, but it would've been a bit more effective. Iaquinta barely saw the ball, I don't see how that move made a difference. Bad move by Ranieri, IMO, and not the first time he plays his cards poorly when it comes to substitution making.

His gameplan was correct - he did what he had to do with the available players - played an offside game, and try to throw attacks at Inter thru the wing.

Otherwise, it's difficult to penetrate this Inter side, and we did manage a couple of humble chances. Till the Olimpico game, then...forever and always, FORZA JUVE!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com
Oct 3, 2004
Yea,and he will bring back his well known creativity in attack
I don't think Trezeguet is to be credited for "creativity" in the show-off-skills-make-something-out-of-nothing kind of player. Del Piero is the creative player. He is nicknamed TrezeGol for a reason ;) - he is more of a clinical striker, or a deadly finisher whether it's a shot by foot, or a header.

He can be absent the whole match, but if/when given the right service, he will score for you, more often than not.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
we will just beat them when they visit the Olympico...and watch them slip up between now and then. 6 points is not the end of of the world. we just need to make sure we dont slip up anymore this season. we cant afford another "October"

Oct 3, 2004
True, that's why I'm not as gutted with this loss...I am confident Juve will bounce back from this. A loss can either bring positive motivational mentality like it did in the old days under Lippi.

I hope Ranieri can manage this in similar fashion, and show everyone not to write us off for now!! :stuckup:

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
Blaming tonight's referee is such an Interish thing to do.
The ref was great tonight but we were really unlucky to get a ref that allows tough play. He was letting both our and Inter's players to play more tough. He wasn't biased towards Inter at all. Lets not cry and moan.

But like i said, against this Inter, that relies on strenght and power, Rizzoli (i think it was him) wasn't the ref for us.
what? he was great?....oh c'moon... the linesmen had inter's shirt undernear.... i am upset about juve's playin crap , but 2 offside calls errors, especially amauri's chance.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Good point, thats IMO the main problem. We can't blame ranieri only or say our players didn't give their best its the quality of the squad that can't give us that extra push into winning the titles. We have an average team compared to Inter's team....
Some may argue that all the teams in the world have average players compared to Inter. But that is not this year alone. Ever since the early 90s they have had SUPER squads but never won titles till the Calciopoli. We were the only reason why they couldn't win.

We did not play well.. That is a fact. I won't blame our forwards nor our deffenders who all of them were excellent. The blame goes to the midfield (again).
Points that Ranieri should start thinking abotu SERIOUSLY if he wants some titles:
1- I am a diehard nedved fan, but it seriously time for Giovinco to step up. Nedved was totally out of his game last night. And thats fine. It happens to all players. But because of Ranieri not featuring Giovinco enough we do not have a replacement so ranieri is FORCED to keep Nedved in the field even if he doesn't play well.

2- I don't know why did it take Ranieri so long to play Camo since he returned from injury. LIPPI said that camo is one of the first players he adds to his NATIONAL TEAM. And I do trust Lippi.

3- Why the late changes. We were out played from the very first begining. The fact that inter was going to score was a matter of time. If they haven't we would have been so lucky to escape with a point. Tiago's injury was a big blow since he was probably the only one in the midfield last night with passing capabilities (taking into consideration Nedved's poor form). I know it is very difficult for him to change alot with out midfield injury crisis. That is said, this point brings us back to point 1 and point 2.

Ranieri kept out squad united during difficult times and thats great, but if you want titles you need to do more. Thats what you are being paid for. A loss 1-0 to inter at home is no big deal in a title race since its still early in the season, but out display last night is a big deal.

My humble recommendations:
1- Start playing Giovinco as much as possible, unless he proves not to be worthy which I doubt.
2- Camoranesi should start from next game.
3- If our injury crisis continues, get a decent midfielder WHO KNOWS HOW TO PASS AND CREATE in January. Either ways, we need an additional Center Back by then.
4- Pray for Buffon's recovery. Manninger was great last night, but the goal that got in. Well lets just say Buffon would have saved it.
5- Pray for Trezeguet's recovery. Del Piero, Amauri and Iaquinta are doing and extremely terrifi job, but we have four srikers and we want all our strikers ready.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
The match ended at 1 a.m. here and I couldn't get a wink all night. Moratti's face...Gosh! That was disgusting.

But I somehow loved the way Mourinho, Inter players and also their fans celebrated their victory. I kinda felt proud.

We were bad last night but take a look at their bench. They had more quality players there than what we got on the pitch yet they struggled a lot in their own stadium and if it wasn't for that shitty goal we hadn't been defeated. Not to mention that Tiago's injury at the beginning of the match was a big loss for us.

I still can't get over it but now I love Juve more than any other time.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
what? he was great?....oh c'moon... the linesmen had inter's shirt undernear.... i am upset about juve's playin crap , but 2 offside calls errors, especially amauri's chance.
So when i say that Rizzoli was great, you prove to me that he wasn't great by mentioning two wrong offside calls by the linesman?

The linesman made few dubious calls on both sides and all of them were tough calls because players were on line.

I really can't understand how can someone blame the refereeing for our defeat yesterday.
I mean, yeah, right, the refs wore an Inter shirt :shifty:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)