[SERIE A] inter vs JUVENTUS (11/22/08) (58 Viewers)

Your prediction?

• Juventus win

• Draw

• Merda win

Results are only viewable after voting.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
It's okay to like watching different teams play, that's certainly fine. I love watching Holland play. But then when one claims they support different sides that's when it gets a little screwed up.

Seriously, if I rooted for Italy over the USA in the last World Cup, somebody should burn me at the stake. It's unacceptable and doesn't make any sense.
Andy, haven't we had this discussions regarding national teams before?

I believe we came to the mutual conclusion that it's impossible for anyone to decide whether one's support for a team is legitimate or not (if they do have ties to the countries involved in the first place).

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I disagree.I support the team that I like their football style the most.
I'm Greek, but nothing connects me with the Greek NT.
I don't even watch the domestic championship.It's completely shitty.
All the players of this team are crap, and of course overrated here.
Why to support them?
:disagree: Dude, you won the EURO 2004. Fake fan!!! :tdown:

Did we actually change something?

Oh, so it's like a day to day thing? "Well today I like Italy because I'm on the defensive against this poster, but yesterday I felt like attacking people all over the place so I liked Holland. Perhaps tomorrow I'll feel a little snobby and like the French, but we'll see."

Yes, there is something that connects you with the Greek NT... IT'S YOUR NATIONALITY!

Okay, so you're a gloryhunter then. At least admit that.

Because it doesn't make sense to support somebody other than your own country. I'm not going to go too far into this, but the international game revolves around... yes... you guessed it... nationality. Just like the players are required to be nationalized before playing for a particular country, the fans should have at least some connection to the country, and that means is through citizenship.

It's the only way it makes sense.
:agree: Agreed with all points.

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
Yes, because that's the basis of the whole goddamn competition.

And it's pretty humorous to see a non-Italian telling people whether they're Italian or not while supporting the team. It's simply retarded I'm afraid.
I feel sorry disappointing you, but you're wrong N football team supporting reasons could be much more than only nationality and I also never mentioned italian or non-italian in terms of playing or not for the italian NT

I disagree.I support the team that I like their football style the most.
I'm Greek, but nothing connects me with the Greek NT.
I don't even watch the domestic championship.It's completely shitty.
All the players of this team are crap, and of course overrated here.
Why to support them?
+1

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
I feel sorry disappointing you, but you're wrong N football team supporting reasons could be much more than only nationality and I also never mentioned italian or non-italian in terms of playing or not for the italian NT
got to agree to that ...

it would be very poor if you had to support only the national squad of the country you were born. just think of what it was like if you were born luxembourg ... you would have to watch this awful crap football all the time !

i support the time i like watching and not the team that is the local resident team in second league or somewhat. that has nothing to do with the titles a team wins...

when a team plays crap it plays crap no matter if i live in the same town or country or not...

considerung who brought this thought you can surely say that this is bullshit as there are even players in the national squad that are not born that country . . . should camoranesi support only the argentine squad because of his natural nationality ?

glad to have this smartass on my ignore list...

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
got to agree to that ...

it would be very poor if you had to support only the national squad of the country you were born. just think of what it was like if you were born luxembourg ... you would have to watch this awful crap football all the time !

i support the time i like watching and not the team that is the local resident team in second league or somewhat. that has nothing to do with the titles a team wins...

when a team plays crap it plays crap no matter if i live in the same town or country or not...

considerung who brought this thought you can surely say that this is bullshit as there are even players in the national squad that are not born that country . . . should camoranesi support only the argentine squad because of his natural nationality ?

glad to have this smartass on my ignore list...
I partly agree with this but I wanted to point something out. It is not OK to hate or dislike your own footballing nation. You may support someone else as for example (you brought up Luxembourg), of course you are not going to support them because they don't practically even have a professional team, they are a bunch of amateurs like San Marino, Malta, Lichtenstein, etc. but you should at least have a soft spot for them. I support 2 nations in international football, Croatia because it's my nation and France because they have/had a lot of my favourite players (Zidane, Platini, Vieira, Thuram, Henry, Trezeguet, etc...) but I cannot agree with hating and thrash talking of your own national football team.

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
I partly agree with this but I wanted to point something out. It is not OK to hate or dislike your own footballing nation. .. but I cannot agree with hating and thrash talking of your own national football team.
absolutely agree, that's also true. I always support my own national team against any other team, ofcourse even against Italy. despite that they lose most of matches vs Italy

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Oh, so it's like a day to day thing? "Well today I like Italy because I'm on the defensive against this poster, but yesterday I felt like attacking people all over the place so I liked Holland. Perhaps tomorrow I'll feel a little snobby and like the French, but we'll see."

Don't get me wrong, I didn't say that I support a different national team every day.
I support Italy for many years and in every competition they participate.

Why?As I said before I support Italy, when they win and when they lose.
If they are eliminated from a competition, then I don't really care for tha other teams.I watch the games without supporting an other team.

Because it doesn't make sense to support somebody other than your own country. I'm not going to go too far into this, but the international game revolves around... yes... you guessed it... nationality. Just like the players are required to be nationalized before playing for a particular country, the fans should have at least some connection to the country, and that means is through citizenship.

It makes sense to me.Ι think it's more logical to support a team because I like their football style and the way they play, than to support an other team only because their players have tha same nationality with me.
You can not select your nationality, so are you obliged to follow your country's team style of football just because you are born there??

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Does this say something??
Am I a fake fan because Greece won the EURO 2004?:confused:
Dude, I was joking. But I find it strange that you don't at least follow them and especially strange that you said you don't have any connection with them...

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Did we actually change something?

Yes, there is something that connects you with the Greek NT... IT'S YOUR NATIONALITY!

If I hadn't liked Italy NT first, I doubt that I would have been a football fan let alone Juve fan. My country is obscure in the football world and I feel obliged to support them when I watch them play, so I try not to watch them at all. Almost all football fans in Bangladesh feel the same way. You should see how people sport flags of other countries during football World Cups on rooftops and wherenot days after the world cup is over until the police and press plead them to bring 'em down. Sad! but my football NT sucks.

It's the only way it makes sense.
If football was just about Nationality, what do you suggest the countries other than the ones participating in World Cups do during then?

If we win this it'ill be Mourinho's first "home" loss in over 100 games combining Porto, Chelsea and Inter merda
:cry: Feel sorry for him, but he shouldn't have gone there.:bigscarf:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)