[Serie A] Inter - Juventus (26 Viewers)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
Carefull people. Juve's downfall last season begun with the 3-1 loss against Inter...
Last season we were crappy, to say the least. This season we are not. Me go for a Juve win. Sforza Juve!

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Without Del Piero and Trezeguet. And Zlatan - Zalayeta upfront, we are lucky if we win. They arent so sharp as forwards need to be against big teams. Not yet. Nedved arent in form either..

I hope we win. But I dont think we will loose :D maybe X ;)

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Is DP confirmed to be out? It will be sad, I kinda want him to lead Juve in a big game against Inter...

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Len ] ++
Is DP confirmed to be out? It will be sad, I kinda want him to lead Juve in a big game against Inter...
like i said this guy is always injured , you dont find him when you need him:(

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Yeah. Maybe it's time to replace him :p with a younger and better player. Bijonov, Cassano? Sorry for saying this, its just loud thinking :p

I Love del Piero but hes always injured like Trez :p

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Inter - Juventus

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Derby d’Italia is the first real test of Juve’s Scudetto credentials and could either put Inter back in the title race or send them plunging into a crisis of confidence.

The Nerazzurri were thought to be among the title favourites during the summer, but after 12 games are already a staggering 15 points adrift of the leaders. Roberto Mancini’s men are the only unbeaten club left in the major European Leagues, but have drawn their last six Serie A games and have the third worst defence in the Division with 20 goals conceded – only Lecce and Roma have let in more with 21.

Perhaps even more worryingly, top scorer Adriano failed to find the target in their 3-3 draw at Cagliari and there are fears he is exhausted from playing in every official game for the club. Obafemi Martins scored a brace in that entertaining encounter and should again partner the Brazilian upfront, though Kily Gonzalez, Juan Sebastian Veron and Andy Van der Meyde are still out injured.

Juventus have lost some of their sheen from the spectacular start to the season, holding off Lecce for a hard-fought 1-0 win before losing 2-0 at Atalanta in the Coppa Italia at the weekend. David Trezeguet and Jonathan Zebina are sidelined with injury, but there is a massive boost with Pavel Nedved’s return from suspension. Alessandro Del Piero limped off during the Lecce game with a slight muscular problem, but should be fit to play alongside Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Last year this game ended 3-2 for the Nerazzurri – their first San Siro win over Juve in all competitions since 1998 – with Martins, Christian Vieri and Dejan Stankovic on target. How will Fabio Capello’s clinical squad and rock-solid defence deal with the all-attack excitement of Mancio’s approach? Will it be the beginning of Inter’s resurgence or the end of their dreams?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter (probable): Toldo; J Zanetti, Cordoba, Materazzi, Favalli; Ze Maria, Cambiasso, Emre, Stankovic; Adriano, Martins

Juventus (probable): Buffon; Pessotto, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Emerson, Blasi, Nedved; Del Piero , Ibrahimovic

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
Yeah. Maybe it's time to replace him :p with a younger and better player. Bijonov, Cassano? Sorry for saying this, its just loud thinking :p

I Love del Piero but hes always injured like Trez :p
I agree that's it's time to replace DP. His bones are no longer strong. 2 years down the line, he'll probably be a liability.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
But back to the match: Martins and Adriano are a hot commodity. U think our defense can REALLY cope? I think this is our first REAL test this season.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #39
    No DP, that's so disappointing :down: Whenever the poor guy seems to find a bit of form he suffers an injury. Thankfully it isn't serious and he'll be back next week, Forza Ale.

Inter are definitely the best attacking team we've had to face so far with creativity and class coming out of midfield in abundance (Stankovic, Emre, Veron) and two extremely quick sharpshooters up top in the form of Martins and Adriano. As Zlatan suggested 4-5-1 could be the system to go with so as to crowd out the midfield. Blasi and Emerson would be in the middle with Camoranesi, Nedved and Olivera supporting Ibrahimovic, but quite frankly I don't think Capello will leave out Zalayeta following his goalscoring exploits.

Prediction: a narrow win or a draw.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    From wad I see they will not show mercy to us. I hope that DP is fit for this important game. I wanna see the battle between the these 2 teams and see how our defence hold out the likes of Martins, Adriano and other attacking midfielders. But I'm confident that we should be able to win though. A narrow win or a draw will be enough.

Forza Juve!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)