[Serie A] Inter - Juventus (6 Viewers)

Il Messiah

Aug 21, 2004
[Juventus squad:

Gk: Buffon, Chimenti, Bonnefoi

D: Montero, Tudor, Legrottaglie, Pessotto, Birindelli, Zambrotta, Thuram, Zebina, Cannavaro

M: Tacchinardi, Emerson, Nedved, Camoranesi, Appiah, Blasi, Kapo

F: Ibrahimovic, Zalayeta
Damn
olivera where??????????
suck:confused:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++

what the hell are you talking about.. I am in Europe.. and it better at least 40% of Italy are juve fans.. and there other who like juve, but not fans.. you can not say that all italy is against juve....

okk i know that juve has one of the biggest fan base in the world , and in italy they have a very good number of fans but its not 40% .

and if they ar e 40% WHERE ARE THEY , I DONT SEE THEM IN THE MATCHES

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sateeh ] ++

okk i know that juve has one of the biggest fan base in the world , and in italy they have a very good number of fans but its not 40% .

and if they ar e 40% WHERE ARE THEY , I DONT SEE THEM IN THE MATCHES
they r always there ,when ever they r needed .... + not all italians live in turin

Apr 26, 2004
This is how Fabio Capello, at the press conference, introduced the match against Inter to be held on Sunday night at San Siro, 8.30 pm: “It’s an important match, in an important venue, played in front of an exceptional audience. We must confirm that we deserve our first place in the table against a team with a huge potential who have not given their best as expected.” The Bianconeri manager knows exactly what he wants from his squad and when he’s asked if a draw would do, he answers: “We play away matches to win, like we did in Amsterdam and Munich, this is our mentality. We must play as Juventus, with personality, against a team who had the strongest potential of all, in number and as for players’ quality. We must prevent these players from creating winning actions. Adriano? He’s absolutely great, he embodies physical power along with technique as well as scoring skills.” He’s asked if Juventus is at his one hundred per cent: “We’re at the beginning, the team is constantly growing, they have to become aware of their own potential because they have more than they show”. The Bianconeri manager won’t have strikers Trezeguet and Del Piero at his disposal, but he wants the rest of the squad not to think about who’s missing: “We’re a group, a team, we’re convinced about our strength.” On the other hand, Pessotto and Zebina have recovered, the latter after a long break, but he’s missing Olivera for a muscular problem. Finally, a word about Cannavaro, the defence’s pivot, who’s meeting his former team: “He’s an important player for Juventus as he would for any team, the National one included. We’re happy that he’s joined us”

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Mancio wants Juve gift
Sunday 28 November, 2004

Roberto Mancini celebrated his 40th birthday this weekend and wants a special present – victory over Juve that’ll put Inter back in the Scudetto race.

“I hope my players will give me a joyful present at the San Siro this evening, even if it would also be a remarkable gift to themselves. This is not our last chance saloon,” he insisted. “It’s an important game, but not a Champions’ League Final nor our final opportunity to get back into the running.”

The Nerazzurri are 15 points adrift of the Serie A leaders and failure to win this Derby d’Italia would inevitably make a comeback push unlikely.

“In football there are moments where a match can represent a turning point for your season,” conceded the Coach. “Maybe it’s because you get the points despite not playing that well, or if you beat a team that’s ahead of you in the table and that breaks through a psychological block. All of these could apply on Sunday night.”

Inter were among the favourites for the Scudetto pre-season, but they have so far failed to really deliver with 10 draws in 12 games.

“Up until now Juventus have been better than us and we made a few too many mistakes. Nonetheless, we conceded far too many goals considering our performance and I hope that trend will be changed tonight.”

Juan Sebastian Veron is out of action, so it’s increasingly likely that Edgar Davids will be able to start against the club he left in bitter circumstances.

“Davids is much better on a purely physical level now than he was a few weeks ago and I don’t know who is more charged up for this game – him or Adriano!”

There were reports that Alvaro Recoba would be played out wide on the left flank, but Mancio hinted the diamond midfield formation would continue.

“When we changed to that system it was because we conceded too many goals and that shape guaranteed more coverage in certain areas. I never adjusted my tactics to suit our opponents, because I always believe my team is better and must therefore play to its own strengths.”

Aug 26, 2003
oh i am so excited!!! damn also Olivera is out, but ok!!!

somehow i have no good feeling, inter will go for the win at any cost, and i think they may want to win more than us! I hope the players prove me wrong!!

ok anyway!

forza Juve!

Aug 26, 2003
here is what Mancini said..

MANCINI: "THE FORMATION TOMORROW"
Saturday, 27 November 2004 15:10:21
APPIANO GENTILE - Roberto Mancini news conference (2):

What kind of match are you expecting tomorrow tonight?
"Juventus have done better than us so far. We have made a few mistakes, otherwise we wouldn't be so far behind in the table. There are moments in which things have to go in a certain way. We have let in a few goals too many, and they haven't let in many."

If you could take someone away from the Juventus defence who would it be?
"Buffon. But the reply is too simple. He's playing very well at the moment and he's an important player for Juventus."

Is the absence of Del Piero an advantage or a disadvantage?
"Del Piero is a very good player but Zalayeta continues scoring goals."

What do you think of Zlatan Ibrahimovic?
"He has great technical qualities and has settled down quickly at Juventus. He's a great player."

Is the best Inter required tomorrow evening?
"The team must be calm and focused. We must be aware that we have great qualities and that the gap between us and Juventus in the table doesn't reflect the true value of the two teams."

Will Sinisa Mihajlovic play?
"I will only decide the formation tomorrow, and that's because we played on Wednesday evening and I have to assess the conditions of everyone."

And Juan Sebastian Veron?
"He hasn't been called up."

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
for juve to win this match nedved combination with zlatan is the key factor.
if the boy of cheb is on form like juve's 1-0 aganist ajax midweek then we will win.
I am confident that thuram, cannavaro, emerson, zambrotta and most importantly buffon can keep clean sheet. Thuram defintely has what it takes to hold down adriano, who is i hear is PUMPED up for this came and so is davids whom i want pavel and emerson to destroy!

zlatan i think is going to impress on his first BIG match in italia.
my prediction:

inter milan-0 (buffon should keep an incredible shutout)
juventus- 2 (when juve score 1, they should try to get an insurance gol)
goalscorers are zlatan and nedved.
if davids play he'll get frustrated and get a red card.

FORZA JUVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
right now in italy, the only people not aganist juve are juve fans!

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
If we score the first goal, we will win. If not, we'll lose. I do not believe in draw. And Zlatan must be at his best.

Gottam I'm excited!!! :groan:

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
This will be the 2nd major game this season after roma match , we must win or at least draw and hope for milan to waste points at chievo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)