Serie A: Genoa vs Juventus [March 9 , 2008] (4 Viewers)

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
Good performance tonight by the team. Very solid and safe, they looked confident most of the time. Sissoko is doing well and it seems we've finally found a solid LB with Grygera, who was just irresistible. Camo was also awesome, although he looked like he was going to get sent off sooner or later at times.
Chiellini, well, he's amazing, what a great defender.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Good team performance. Compared to the last few games, we were more calm in midfield, and our ball movement was much cleaner. Other than Brazzo, I thought every1 in midfield did a very good job. Hopefully Zanetti's injury isn't serious.

My MOTM is Chiellini, with an honourable mention to Grygera for surprising us all with a goal and assist at lb. Our backline is so much more ogranized when Chiellini is playing. He is our defensive leader, not Legro.

Napoli next week. Was that Camo's 3rd or 4th yellow today? Hopefully the former, because he was excellent once again and were going to need him if we want any chance of winning next week.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
I would love to see Grygera as a LB again against Napoli,but unfortunately Zebina will be suspended which means Grygera moves to right while Molinaro(in case of recovery) will return to the left.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
diffidati: Camoranesi, Legrottaglie, Nocerino, Palladino, Zebina

yellows: Camoranesi, Legrottaglie, Sissoko, Zebina
injured: Zanetti

Good job Morganti! :rolleyes:
If we're being honest Mark, all of them deserved their yellows.
I was even pleasantly surprised when Morganti didn't give a second yellow to Camo and Legro for two indolent tackles in the second half.

Baros

Nov 12, 2007
Industrious performance...

Buffon- 7- had little to do, and did it well
Grygera- 8- a goal and an assist + a a well-timed tackle in the last play of the game. Impressive considering he was playing out of position.
Chiellini & Legro- 7.5- solid as a rock
Zebina- 6.5
Salihamdzic- 6- drifts in and out of the game... doesnt give the ball away too much, but does nothing spectacular either
Zanetti- 7- him and Sissoko ran the show in midfield, I hope he isnt out for too long
Sissoko- 7- he is improving... I'm beginning to think this was a good investment after all.
Camoranesi- 7.5- no wonder Ranieri likes to play him in the middle! He didnt lose a single 50-50 ball. Amazing work rate, amazing talent- Camoranesi is the MAN!
Del Piero- 5.5- didnt do much... drifted out of the game for too long. off-day for Alex
Trezeguet- 7- lethal Trez-GOL! Today's goal will give him much needed confidence.

---
Nocerino- 6.5, Tiago 6- worked hard, but as soon as Sissoko and Zanetti came off we lost our control in midfield. Nocerino worked hard, Tiago needs to work harded.
Iaquinta- 7- was unlucky not to score on his first touch. This is the Iaqunita we had earlier in the season.

Ranieri- 7- his starting line-up was spot on. It seems like he organized our defense during the week and it has payed off. Sissoko substitution was smart... we will need him against Napoli and he had a yellow.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Good team performance. Compared to the last few games, we were more calm in midfield, and our ball movement was much cleaner. Other than Brazzo, I thought every1 in midfield did a very good job. Hopefully Zanetti's injury isn't serious.

My MOTM is Chiellini, with an honourable mention to Grygera for surprising us all with a goal and assist at lb. Our backline is so much more ogranized when Chiellini is playing. He is our defensive leader, not Legro.

Napoli next week. Was that Camo's 3rd or 4th yellow today? Hopefully the former, because he was excellent once again and were going to need him if we want any chance of winning next week.
He`ll miss next match,sadly.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
We did a decent job tonight i'd say. Ranieri made the same subs everyone expected, and it worked out; nocerino did a decent job (comparing to his past performances). Best Player on the pitch clearly was Camo. He was everywhere, tackling, passing, opening the game; GREAT performance. Less lucky were brazzo (who had 2 or 3 very good actions but overall pretty bad day) and i'd say also zebina was not that terrible today; he made no major mistakes but lost the ball 2 times pretty easily when trying to get past a defender. He should/could have passed the ball instead.
As for DP; he's excused for tonight. there were ALWAYS defenders around him, he hat little chance of making an impact but still managed to bring forward some balls.
Tiago... well we can't say anything, he had like 5 ball contacts; I don't understand that, he's invisible on the pitch. He may even have a better technique than zanetti or so, but the latter fights! Tiago just keeps jogging behind the ball... I don't get it.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #412
    Baros, I like the adjective you used to describe the performance :tup:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Industrious performance...

Buffon- 7- had little to do, and did it well
    Grygera- 8- a goal and an assist + a a well-timed tackle in the last play of the game. Impressive considering he was playing out of position.
    Chiellini & Legro- 7.5- solid as a rock
    Zebina- 6.5
    Salihamdzic- 6- drifts in and out of the game... doesnt give the ball away too much, but does nothing spectacular either
    Zanetti- 7- him and Sissoko ran the show in midfield, I hope he isnt out for too long
    Sissoko- 7- he is improving... I'm beginning to think this was a good investment after all.
    Camoranesi- 7.5- no wonder Ranieri likes to play him in the middle! He didnt lose a single 50-50 ball. Amazing work rate, amazing talent- Camoranesi is the MAN!
    Del Piero- 5.5- didnt do much... drifted out of the game for too long. off-day for Alex
    Trezeguet- 7- lethal Trez-GOL! Today's goal will give him much needed confidence.

---
    Nocerino- 6.5, Tiago 6- worked hard, but as soon as Sissoko and Zanetti came off we lost our control in midfield. Nocerino worked hard, Tiago needs to work harded.
    Iaquinta- 7- was unlucky not to score on his first touch. This is the Iaqunita we had earlier in the season.

Ranieri- 7- his starting line-up was spot on. It seems like he organized our defense during the week and it has payed off. Sissoko substitution was smart... we will need him against Napoli and he had a yellow.
    I don`t think Zanetti deserved to get as high as Sissoko`s rating.

I think he was pretty bad tonight.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    I was even pleasantly surprised when Morganti didn't give a second yellow to Camo and Legro for two indolent tackles in the second half.
    I'm not sure for Sissoko and Legro if we compare them to some fouls by Genoa players who didn't get a yellow. At least they'll be fresh for the inter game. :evil:

Baros

Nov 12, 2007
    So who is suspended for the Napoli game????

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I'm not sure for Sissoko and Legro if we compare them to some fouls by Genoa players who didn't get a yellow. At least they'll be fresh for the inter game. :evil:
    I thought so too and i though they got the yellows on purpose just so they won't get a yellow in the Napoli match and miss Inter-Juve.
    But then i realized we have Empoli away between Napoli and Inter. :(

Baros

Nov 12, 2007
    Zebina,Legro and Camo.
    That's fucking horrible news!

------------------Buffon------------------------

--Brazzo--Grygera---Cheillini----Molinaro--

-----------Sissoko---------?Zanetti?---------

------------------Nedved---------------------

----Iaquinta------Trez-------Alex------------

Doesnt look like our best line-up to me. Let's hope Zanetti isnt injured, he makes a huge difference in midfield

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)