Serie A: Fiorentina Vs Juventus [October 07 2007] (34 Viewers)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Don't you guys find it strange, that we are being defended this season?!!!
It's not the 1st time, but the 2nd!!! :shifty:
We're being defended?? Hmmm

1- Roma Vs Juve.. Iaquinta's goal --> Press the ref favoured Juve it wasn't played from the right position.
2- Roma Vs Juve the missed PK --> The press Not a PK.
3- Roma Vs Juve Totti's first goal --> Fantastic dribble by Totti and neglected the fact that it was offside and a foul.
4- Calgiari Vs Juve the penalty festival --> No mentioning to any ref doubts.
5- Juve Vs Udinese --> Press neglects to mention the CLEAR PK for Juve that wasn't called when the Udinese player that it was a handball game..
6- Fiorentina Vs Juve --> they did not even discuss the possibility of fiorentina's PK being a wrong call..

The list is long and I dont have the mind to think more, those are just from the top of my head..
We are being attacked like we always have. nothing has changed.
We are the victoms of our own success.. THAT IS THE TRUTH.

Buy on AliExpress.com

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
We're being defended?? Hmmm

1- Roma Vs Juve.. Iaquinta's goal --> Press the ref favoured Juve it wasn't played from the right position.
2- Roma Vs Juve the missed PK --> The press Not a PK.
3- Roma Vs Juve Totti's first goal --> Fantastic dribble by Totti and neglected the fact that it was offside and a foul.
4- Calgiari Vs Juve the penalty festival --> No mentioning to any ref doubts.
5- Juve Vs Udinese --> Press neglects to mention the CLEAR PK for Juve that wasn't called when the Udinese player that it was a handball game..
6- Fiorentina Vs Juve --> they did not even discuss the possibility of fiorentina's PK being a wrong call..

The list is long and I dont have the mind to think more, those are just from the top of my head..
We are being attacked like we always have. nothing has changed.
We are the victoms of our own success.. THAT IS THE TRUTH.
Well I agree with your list Zaf, but back in the years we were used to be accused of any dubious incidents in our games, and the media used to make a big fuss about it... but now...
That's what I meant

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Well I agree with your list Zaf, but back in the years we were used to be accused of any dubious incidents in our games, and the media used to make a big fuss about it... but now...
That's what I meant

Dude, they are still making a big fuss about it.. Nothing has change. Let us win a game with a PK (Even if it was a clear cut one) they will hunt us down and find a way to let us look like cheaters..

Just look at it, they cannot pass a game for us without putting question marks on a call or two that came in our favour even if they were clear as glass.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
So I got to watch the match in the italiano vero of places. While Alba's annual Palio degli Asini was going on in town (where the citizens of Alba make fun of the citizens of Asti, by mocking their fabled Palio horse race with a donkey race of their own), I was down the hill at the local La Bocciofila watching the Juve game on a folding chair alongside a bunch of other grizzled juventini.

If you've never been to a Bocciofila, it's basically the Italian sport-condoned center for bocce tournaments. League-appointed referees and everything. And we're talking old guys with jungles of hair growing out of their ears and noses drinking endless €1 beers and complaining about Zebina's play. When their not on the clay courts playing bocce, of course.

So the place is full of cynics. It's like every one of them is an old man version of Vinman. Iaquinta scores, and hey -- that wasn't bad. Maybe we won't fire him. Molinaro? Who are you playing for, anyway? Crappy pass, Nedved. What are you thinking? Legro caught with an arm for the PK? Bah. We knew it was coming. I'll have another cheap beer and a smoke.

So this week's match report is more from the perspective a bunch of old juventini scratching themselves in front of the bocciofila lounge TV, drinking cheap beer, looking like extras in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. The locals here approve of Iaquinta. Del Piero hasn't done much for us lately. And while it's a shame we didn't get all the points, this team showed some guts in playing level against one of Serie A's best. So overall, the mood was pretty positive.

Well, positive for a bunch of ornery old guys infested with body hair in all their orifices.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
So I got to watch the match in the italiano vero of places. While Alba's annual Palio degli Asini was going on in town (where the citizens of Alba make fun of the citizens of Asti, by mocking their fabled Palio horse race with a donkey race of their own), I was down the hill at the local La Bocciofila watching the Juve game on a folding chair alongside a bunch of other grizzled juventini.

If you've never been to a Bocciofila, it's basically the Italian sport-condoned center for bocce tournaments. League-appointed referees and everything. And we're talking old guys with jungles of hair growing out of their ears and noses drinking endless €1 beers and complaining about Zebina's play. When their not on the clay courts playing bocce, of course.

So the place is full of cynics. It's like every one of them is an old man version of Vinman. Iaquinta scores, and hey -- that wasn't bad. Maybe we won't fire him. Molinaro? Who are you playing for, anyway? Crappy pass, Nedved. What are you thinking? Legro caught with an arm for the PK? Bah. We knew it was coming. I'll have another cheap beer and a smoke.

So this week's match report is more from the perspective a bunch of old juventini scratching themselves in front of the bocciofila lounge TV, drinking cheap beer, looking like extras in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. The locals here approve of Iaquinta. Del Piero hasn't done much for us lately. And while it's a shame we didn't get all the points, this team showed some guts in playing level against one of Serie A's best. So overall, the mood was pretty positive.

Well, positive for a bunch of ornery old guys infested with body hair in all their orifices.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: + REP

EDIT: I need to spread some out... definately remind me to + REP u as soon as I can lol

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Dude, they are still making a big fuss about it.. Nothing has change. Let us win a game with a PK (Even if it was a clear cut one) they will hunt us down and find a way to let us look like cheaters..

Just look at it, they cannot pass a game for us without putting question marks on a call or two that came in our favour even if they were clear as glass.
It is normal, imo.
Juve is still the most loved but also the most hated team in Italy. We know our team is not the same force anymore but our rivals find it hard to believe and they are still scared from us. 2 years can not change much. They were trained for decades to believe that they fail only because we cheat and it will take time and fair play from us to change their opinion, at least for a bit.

Papers will still attack Juve. That's a winning formula that sells many papers to Milan, Inter, Roma fans. But i'm glad to see that we're not being attacked without mercy anymore. I was breaking the TV in the past whenever i watched Domenica Sportiva and their shameless atempts to find ref help for Juve even where there obviously wasn't one. Now they've changed completely and they are very fair, i'd say even a bit biased towards us.

But the moment we start winning, they'll start attcking us again. That's pure jelaousy and it happens in every field of our lives. If Inter wins a scudetto or two more i bet ya they'll be the new victims of Italian public.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Mutu: I Outwitted Buffon

Fiorentina striker Adrian Mutu has revealed the psychological battle between him and Gianluigi Buffon as he prepared to take his penalty yesterday afternoon.

The Viola were losing 1-0 to bitter rivals Juventus at the Stadio Franchi when the referee awarded them an 88th minute penalty for a handball by Nicola Legrottaglie.

As Mutu was placing the ball on the spot, Buffon said to him: “I am going to save this.”

The Romanian responded by telling the Juventus keeper: “I am going to do a cucchiaio (a chipped penalty which Mutu performed against Roma in week five).”

In the end Mutu struck the ball to Buffon’s right and earned his team a 1-1 draw.

The ex-Chelsea man played for Juventus between January 2005 and July 2006 but moved to Florence after the Calciopoli crisis.

“The Juventus team we played against was a lot different to the one I played for,” said Mutu.

“The team I played for had much better quality of players, however the current team has maintained the same character.”

Mutu scored eight goals in 41 appearances during his time in Turin. His other former Serie A clubs include Inter, Verona and Parma.

goal.com

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002

haha...me minus the age and body hair :p

did you mention to them you have a similar, cynical friend from the states ??

Onto the game-

I thought we played a very good first half, but seemed to let up from the 46th minute on, and gave Fiorentina way too many chances to get back into the game.

The substitutions didnt help us, either...we became even weaker

Was anyone really surprised that a Legro mistake would cost us the win ?? Just like old times....

my ratings-

Buffon 7- always solid, made some good saves, just missed the pk

Grygera 7- better than his last start, has all the tools necessary to be our starter for the season

Legro 6- was decent before the bonehead play that cost us the win....I never expect perfection from this guy, so I'm not too disappointed

Chiellini 7.5- I'm torn...is he better as a CB or as a LB ?? Right now, we need him in the center, where he is playing like a champion

Molinaro 6.5- a definite improvement from last game...lets hope he can get even better

Salihamdizic 6- a fill in as a RM, so I cant be too critical. Needs to work on his passing, especially at longer range

Nocerino 7- he's where he belongs- in the center of the field, good pace and aggressive

Almiron 5.5- an average first half, and never came out for the second... his passes need lots of work

Nedved 6.5- much better performance compared to last week, both in helping the offense, and coming back to cover

Iaquinta 7.5- MOM. He had a nice goal, and showed a lot of pace out there

Trezeguet 6.5- the service was lacking at times, but he gave 100%, and thats all we can ask for

Subs:
Palladino 6- not much of an impact, but wasnt in a familiar position

Dp 5.5- didnt do much but get muscled around out there

Ranieri 4.5- after a decent first half, the team dropped off in the second. He consistently makes the wrong choices when it comes to substitutions, Iaquinta should have never been pulled, and I'll agree that Tiago should have been given a chance to either redeem himself, or given everyone more reason to understand why I think he's a big waste of money

Sep 19, 2006

:rofl: :rofl:

Sep 19, 2006
haha...me minus the age and body hair :p

did you mention to them you have a similar, cynical friend from the states ??

Onto the game-

I thought we played a very good first half, but seemed to let up from the 46th minute on, and gave Fiorentina way too many chances to get back into the game.

The substitutions didnt help us, either...we became even weaker

Was anyone really surprised that a Legro mistake would cost us the win ?? Just like old times....

my ratings-

Buffon 7- always solid, made some good saves, just missed the pk

Grygera 7- better than his last start, has all the tools necessary to be our starter for the season

Legro 6- was decent before the bonehead play that cost us the win....I never expect perfection from this guy, so I'm not too disappointed

Chiellini 7.5- I'm torn...is he better as a CB or as a LB ?? Right now, we need him in the center, where he is playing like a champion

Molinaro 6.5- a definite improvement from last game...lets hope he can get even better

Salihamdizic 6- a fill in as a RM, so I cant be too critical. Needs to work on his passing, especially at longer range

Nocerino 7- he's where he belongs- in the center of the field, good pace and aggressive

Almiron 5.5- an average first half, and never came out for the second... his passes need lots of work

Nedved 6.5- much better performance compared to last week, both in helping the offense, and coming back to cover

Iaquinta 7.5- MOM. He had a nice goal, and showed a lot of pace out there

Trezeguet 6.5- the service was lacking at times, but he gave 100%, and thats all we can ask for

Subs:
Palladino 6- not much of an impact, but wasnt in a familiar position

Dp 5.5- didnt do much but get muscled around out there

Ranieri 4.5- after a decent first half, the team dropped off in the second. He consistently makes the wrong choices when it comes to substitutions, Iaquinta should have never been pulled, and I'll agree that Tiago should have been given a chance to either redeem himself, or given everyone more reason to understand why I think he's a big waste of money
Once again u made a very descent report(perfect ratings).
Chiellini was for me the MOM of this match,Forza Giorgio.

Ranieri deserves more, he prepared for the match perfectly,everyone thought that he will play with 3 attackers but he was smart enough with the formation,the substitutions were just horrible,especially the 2nd.
He must give us an explanation on what the fuck he is doing to Tiago!!

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
you outwitted a keeper who sucks at saving penalty kicks. Congrats Mutu but you should know that your grandma could also outwit Buffon in penalty kicks so it's nothing to be really proud of :eyebrows:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Fiorentina striker Adrian Mutu has revealed the psychological battle between him and Gianluigi Buffon as he prepared to take his penalty yesterday afternoon.

The Viola were losing 1-0 to bitter rivals Juventus at the Stadio Franchi when the referee awarded them an 88th minute penalty for a handball by Nicola Legrottaglie.

As Mutu was placing the ball on the spot, Buffon said to him: “I am going to save this.”

The Romanian responded by telling the Juventus keeper: “I am going to do a cucchiaio (a chipped penalty which Mutu performed against Roma in week five).”

In the end Mutu struck the ball to Buffon’s right and earned his team a 1-1 draw.

The ex-Chelsea man played for Juventus between January 2005 and July 2006 but moved to Florence after the Calciopoli crisis.

“The Juventus team we played against was a lot different to the one I played for,” said Mutu.

“The team I played for had much better quality of players, however the current team has maintained the same character.”

Mutu scored eight goals in 41 appearances during his time in Turin. His other former Serie A clubs include Inter, Verona and Parma.

goal.com
Now this would have been a story had Mutu scored with a cucchiaio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)