Serie A: Fiorentina Vs Juventus [October 07 2007] (1 Viewer)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
In any case, it seems time is on Juve's side. And if, in the meantime, they manage to stay close to the leaders, that's a great bonus. Another sign of the team's positive period, is midfielder Cristiano Zanetti's slight injury, as he was suspended for the next match against Fiorentina anyway, and will now have all the time to recover.
"Zanetti got injured, but already received a yellow card in yesterday's match and has all the time to recover now," Ranieri said, with a smile.

Zanetti is indeed suspended for the Fiorentina match!
Thats not Good,it is time for some Tiago Magic!
Oh damn it. Thanks for making sure though. :tup:

People talk of the difference Mutu will make for Fiorentina, but we are missing our best player ; Zanetti. I'd be reluctant to play 4-3-3, we need more bodies in midfield with Zanetti absent.

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well there is a lot of talk about mutu and his potential influence on our game.Well i think that fiorentina's strength is their ability to attack at pace as a unit. Prandelli is a very good tactician and doesn't only focus on going to forward.

Zanetti is a huge loss as it would've been just great having him their breaking their advances from the midfield. It will be a good test for young nocerino.
The big question is how is the Tinkerman going to deal with their attacking strength, considering we don't have our best midfielder.

engonga

Jul 22, 2005
i woul go with this formation:

buffon
zebina-grygera-chiellini-salihamidzic
palladino-nocerino-tiago-nedved
del piero-trez

legrotagglie against fiorentina would cost us the 3 points,the guy is just awful and playing an average match against torino shouldnt change the fact he is our worst defender.

Geof

May 14, 2004
How many yellow cards before suspension?

Look at this formation:

Buffon
Zebina Grygera Leggro Chiellini
Tiago Nocerino Almiron
Iaquinta Trezeguet Del Piero

I'll be back in a jiffy, I just got an orgasm by typing down this line-up.
Midfield is too weak IMO. Witohut Zanetti, we need two tough guys in the midfield. Nocerino and either Sali/Nedved.
And I'm not to sure about Grygera as a CB.

I wonder what Tinkerman will come up with.

Sep 19, 2006
Oh damn it. Thanks for making sure though. :tup:

People talk of the difference Mutu will make for Fiorentina, but we are missing our best player ; Zanetti. I'd be reluctant to play 4-3-3, we need more bodies in midfield with Zanetti absent.
What about this

Zebina......Grygera.......Legro.......Chiellini

Saly.........Nocerino........Tiago.......Nedved

Iaquinta.........Trezy

This is the first time I drop Dp from my starting formation but I think that he should come in in the 2nd half in this match.
Tiago should be the key player in this formation & if he played with 80% of his real potential,we could cope with Fiorentina.

If Ranieri want to punish Zebina for 1 or 2 matches,then move Grygera as Rb Chiellini as CB & Molinaro on the left.
I know that everybody here cant stand Molinaro but I think that defensicly he is pretty good in covering his flank.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Midfield is too weak IMO. Witohut Zanetti, we need two tough guys in the midfield. Nocerino and either Sali/Nedved.
And I'm not to sure about Grygera as a CB.

I wonder what Tinkerman will come up with.
Tiago can do the job. I chose three central midfielders to replace a two-pole midfield in a 4-4-2. I Zanetti is available I would have played him with Nocerino and one attacing midfielder in the shape o Nedved. However, in this case we need these three guys to cover the job of a two-pole midfield.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Well.. as long as we're tinkering..

___________Buffon
Zebina Legrottaglie Criscito Chiellini*
__Nocerino Almiron Salihamidzic
___________Tiago
_____Iaquinta Trezeguet

*(perhaps chiellini as cb with molinaro as lb)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Well.. as long as we're tinkering..

___________Buffon
Zebina Legrottaglie Criscito Chiellini*
__Nocerino Almiron Salihamidzic
___________Tiago
_____Iaquinta Trezeguet

*(perhaps chiellini as cb with molinaro as lb)
I would go for something like that with chiellini in CB and Grygera in RB.Zebina has been out of action for a month now and i think he would be a bit rusty to deal with the viola flank attacks.

brazzo would provide us some width and grit in the midfield which will be really needed.And his sheer workrate is why he should be preferred to neddy.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I wouldn't start Criscito against Fiorentina, the kid career could be end that way. Fiorentina will give us hard times, and I doubt if Criscito can handle that pressure.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Juventus fans banned after city derby riots

Milan - Authorities have banned Juventus fans from attending next weekend’s away match against Fiorentina at the Artemio Franchi stadium, repubblica.it reported Tuesday.

The the ban was imposed following the riots that took place outside Turin’s Stadio Olimpico before the city derby between Juventus and Torino late Sunday.

Police arrested 30 hooligans who attacked police officers trying to keep them separated. A Sky TV cameraman was assaulted and some cars damaged in the clashes.

Italian authorities also ruled that only season-ticket holders Sunday will be allowed to watch Torino’s home game with Genoa side Sampdoria.

No Napoli fans will be allowed at Milan’s Giuseppe Meazza for Saturday’s game at champions Inter Milan, a match that is considered high risk.

At the weekend, Napoli played in an empty San Paolo stadium against visiting Genoa as a sanction for the hurling of objects on the pitch a week earlier.

khaleej times

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
But I reckon we could use the width, Zebina adds an element of surprise to our offensive play.

Rusty or perhaps fresh?
:D could swing either way. I am beginning to trust Ranieri's pre game selections, so we will see what he thinks :tup:

but i agree with you about Grygera is he toothless going forward, and zebina could have one of those games where he would just become like cafu of the old days and do everything right.

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
Juventus fans banned after city derby riots

Milan - Authorities have banned Juventus fans from attending next weekend’s away match against Fiorentina at the Artemio Franchi stadium, repubblica.it reported Tuesday.

The the ban was imposed following the riots that took place outside Turin’s Stadio Olimpico before the city derby between Juventus and Torino late Sunday.

Police arrested 30 hooligans who attacked police officers trying to keep them separated. A Sky TV cameraman was assaulted and some cars damaged in the clashes.

Italian authorities also ruled that only season-ticket holders Sunday will be allowed to watch Torino’s home game with Genoa side Sampdoria.

No Napoli fans will be allowed at Milan’s Giuseppe Meazza for Saturday’s game at champions Inter Milan, a match that is considered high risk.

At the weekend, Napoli played in an empty San Paolo stadium against visiting Genoa as a sanction for the hurling of objects on the pitch a week earlier.

khaleej times
Thats pure BS.Damn,WE ARE JUVENTUS FC.SHOW SOME RESPECT YOU FOOLS.:tdown:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)