[Serie A] Fiorentina - Juventus (17/04/2011) (3 Viewers)

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Bonucci MotM. This man was absolute dynamite for a full 90 min's. Sadly he doesn't perform like this week in week out but he really looked sharp today and used his brain a lot of times. Too bad the header didnt get in.

Everyone else sucked. Sorenson was the poorest.

alvin_89er

Apr 11, 2011
Bonucci MotM. This man was absolute dynamite for a full 90 min's. Sadly he doesn't perform like this week in week out but he really looked sharp today and used his brain a lot of times. Too bad the header didnt get in.

Everyone else sucked. Sorenson was the poorest.
That's the point, you cant depend on him, and if you want to win leagues or get CL(even harder next season cause only 3places get CL) you need consistent quality players like Subotic, Sakho.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
That's the point, you cant depend on him, and if you want to win leagues or get CL(even harder next season cause only 3places get CL) you need consistent quality players like Subotic, Sakho.
True, but he's quite young so his career can develop the right way if he plays more matches like today. Often he loses his head and goes for the ''do-or-die'' action without that being necessary. But he's been playing solid in general and I'm looking forward to see him in a different defencive tactic and a different coach.

Second, put that idiotic avatar away. You cant think highly of such a terrible person.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Poor match for our team by all standards. The way we were playing as if we're a relegation threatened team instead of playing like a team that's fighting for CL qualification was just sad really.

DN showed his idiocy once again by starting Motta and his shocking sub decisions but the whole team really takes fault. We not only lack quality these days but sadly we also lost the determination needed to achieve the simplest of objectives.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Buffon- Very little to do. Not one outstanding save, nor any mistakes. Impossible to tell whether he is getting back to his best. 6

motta- awful going forward, feckless in the tackle. as normal...3
bonucci- still learning his trade, could have given away a penalty as well as could have scored...acceptable 6
barzagli- considering he has had little time to readjust to new surroundings, he did fine. 6.
grosso- a shadow of his solid showing two weeks back. covered OK, but was pretty useless in the final third, too many misplaced passes. 5

Big Phil Melo- our best player on the pitch, by a mile...energetic, strong in the challenge, decent distribution, offensive surges forward...our player of the season, without doubt. 7.
aquilani- more involved than in previous matches, but also well harried by the opposition, and his shooting was terrible. With matri and krasic both well marked, and pepe's movement frequent, but rarely intelligent, he lacked options to find with his twinkle toes. far from impressive...5.5
marchisio- its this kind of performance i see from him more often than not. his passing game was truly shocking, several passes mishit by 20-30 yards. Offered very little going forward. just an extra layer of defensive cover...typically...4.5
pepe- if ever there was a game where the limitations of 'hard work and grinta but no natural talent' could be painfully witnessed, it was this one...his distribution was disgusting, he rarely even tried to beat his man, opting almost every time he had the ball to cut back extremely predictably onto his right foot. zero penetration. the more I see him, the more i am joining the chorus of cries to send him home come May, for he is simply horribly expensive for a player who may be able to cover several positions with mild competence, but cannot cover any one position with quality or assurance...much of tacchinardi's interview was typical tachinardi...combative, fierce, strong, opinionated...i did not at all agree with everything he said, but his mention of di livio as 10 times the player pepe is, was spot-on. the little solider was...indeed, a little soldier, doing more than simply giving his all...pepe gives his all, but its all too often shit. 3
krasic- can we really still be attributing his poor form to fatigue???? did he beat his man even once??? ghost like showing...5

matri- led the line well, looked sharp enough but lacked support when he did get the ball and fiorentina have a decent offside trap...couldn't do much with the service he received. 6

SUbS
sorensen- shaky as hell start due to the Yellow, then foul throw, but soon after reminded me of his definite natural talent. some things he does, taking flight to head the ball, covering one on one, seem immeasurably more useful than what Motta could ever produce. encouraging, 6
toni- shocking...the Toni that Genoa despised, the Toni that so many feared we had signed...Terrible, terrible terrible Toni...only moment of impact was stealing the ball from DP's toes in the area...
DP- had our best chance with the left foot effort well saved by Boruc...but other than that, did very little in the short time he had to shine.,.6

Overall...
We scraped this draw, even though fiorentina failed to push Buffon into even one top drawer save. yet again, as with last week, as with so many times this season, we looked like several parts of different machines forced together in the hope that it will function...whereas our opposition looked like a machine of parts designed for the one machine. Our custom model is not 'a team'...we have hardly anyone who can pass the ball well. only Aquilani and Melo seem to do it well on a consistent basis. very little quality on the flanks. no depth of quality on the bench. a centre back still learning his trade. a right back who isnt even a footballer keeping out the team, a kid who is even further behind bonucci in terms of learning basic defending...a winger who cant cross, cant pass, just runs and runs and runs...a much loved CM who may well be handsome, but who rarely offers much to the team...nothing new here.

its not just the lack of people comfortable on the ball, though this obviously is a huge problem...equally so is the lack of intelligent movement across the pitch...our players, generally don't seem to move very well, they dont find space as easily as our opponents, and what the fuck are we doing when defending corners???? i counted three opponents in the fucking 18 yard box, unmarked...awful organization at the back...but hang on?? who IS organizing us at the back???

Lack of quality. Lack of movement. Lack of passing ability. Lack of leaders...

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Our players would rather not come 4th because they know half of them would leave Juventus to be replaced by better players - no CL is good for these mediocre players

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Once again, we needed a win, and DUMB Neri plays not to lose........

and the idiot has the NERVE to say after the game that he's satisfied with the result. Almost as stupid as the blind man in charge stating that DUMB Neri will be coaching this team next year......

Get rid of them both !!!!!

I dont understand defensive subs during games...meaning subbing a defender for a defender. If one gets hurt, then I understand the sub, but for the second week in a row, DUMB Neri subs out Motta for Sorensen....why ?? To me, it looks like he's ADMITTING he made the wrong choice in starter. ITS A FUCKING WASTE OF A SUB !!!!! Either leave Motta in the entire game OR start Sorensen from now on !!!

Nothing real positive here, just that I thought Melo was the MOTM...otherwise, the team really sucked today, and the real Pepe showed up today

How do you expect to win a game with these players in a 4-1-4-1 formation ????

Can Di Benedetto please buy Juve too ?????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)