[Serie A] Fiorentina 0-5 JUVENTUS (17th March, 2012) (39 Viewers)

MoM

• De Ceglie

• Licht

• Pirlo

• Marchisio

• Vidal

• Vucinic

Results are only viewable after voting.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
As already pointed out, this team has gone for the win in nearly all of the games and not "hold out for a draw", so I'm not sure what Juventus you're watching. The Napoli and Milan games seem to be outstanding cases because of how the match progressed. I'm sure the stat of Juventus having the most shots on goal in the league has been said enough, so you can look for the (lack of) efficiency there, because I believe it's the biggest factor which is preventing wins.

Others seem to think that a loss would sort the team out for some reason, but I look back at our last two seasons for utterly crushing losses that destroyed the team spirit and mentality. I picked out the Parma game we'd lost heavily (and consequently, Napoli had fun against us soon after) last year, and the year before that the Bayern loss at home.

Every point counts at this stage, we aren't guaranteed anything.
Maybe this came across wrong, but when I say not going for the win, it doesn't just imply to the team, it applies to the coach, subs and tactics too. I know this may sound hypothetical or conspiracy stirring for some, but I do feel, somewhere we psychologically are getting burdened with the tag of being unbeaten.

In fact I didn't even cite the Milan and Napoli games because if anything in those games we went for the win. Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't we drawn more games than we've won? Its a telling statistic when you consider how much possession we play with. Out of the 14 draws, I wouldn't say its only our 1 in 5 shots conversion goal ratio that has been the sole cause of us residing in stalemate central.

Totally agree with points being crucial and us not being guaranteed anything. Whatever frees us up for the final sprint. Im guessing being behind Milan will actually help us play with less pressure in the final round of games, than if we were ahead. But only time will tell.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The matches where we didn't show desire to win were the away matches to Chievo and Udinese. Especially the latter when right before the New Year break Conte was painfully obviously trying to keep the unbeaten tag.
In all the other draws we pushed for a win (except Milan when we didn't have time). In some we succeeded to create tons of chances when we went all attack while in others we failed (Siena, Chievo and Cagliari).

May 22, 2007
Maybe this came across wrong, but when I say not going for the win, it doesn't just imply to the team, it applies to the coach, subs and tactics too. I know this may sound hypothetical or conspiracy stirring for some, but I do feel, somewhere we psychologically are getting burdened with the tag of being unbeaten.
With the coach, his decision to use a 3-5-2 doesn't seem like a pragmatic one. It just seems like an alternative, neither more or less offensively and defensively set up. It being a bad decision doesn't have an effect on whether it is going for a win or not. Subs are always going to be cause for controversy, because sometimes there has been good decisions either way with them (Napoli game Conte didn't change anything, Milan game Conte made a good change). I don't really have much opinion of them unless he's making a change of formation.

I disagree that psychologically it's affecting the team though. Hopefully the below will show that better.

In fact I didn't even cite the Milan and Napoli games because if anything in those games we went for the win. Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't we drawn more games than we've won? Its a telling statistic when you consider how much possession we play with. Out of the 14 draws, I wouldn't say its only our 1 in 5 shots conversion goal ratio that has been the sole cause of us residing in stalemate central.
Regarding the rest of the games, I never said it was the sole cause did I? I said it was the biggest factor, because there have been a few. This is from whoscored.com of the other 12 draws.

*Bologna 1-1 (18 shots, 5 on target) - We were all over them after they equalised, and this was with 10 men.
Catania 1-1 (14 shots, 5 on target)
Chievo 0-0 (13 shots, 2 on target) - Our weakest offensive performance.
*Genoa 2-2 (20 shots, 7 on target) - Some retarded fuck ups cost us that game, Krasic and Bonucci/Storari from what I remember were the main causes of their second goal.
Roma 1-1 (22 shots, 9 on target)
Udinese 0-0 (17 shots, 5 on target) - I could actually put blame on Conte not using enough technical players in this game. Pepe and Matri were our forwards.
*Cagliari 1-1 (11 shots, 3 on target)
*Siena 0-0 (20 shots, 7 on target)
*Parma 0-0 (17 shots, 4 on target)
*Chievo 1-1 (20 shots, 5 on target)
Bologna 1-1 (13 shots, 4 on target)
*Genoa 0-0 (31 shots, 6 on target) - Holy shit.

*Matches I think Juventus should have won given the way the game was played.

Notice how in all but one of those games, Juve failed to score more than 1 goal. In my opinion, Conte made a team to win nearly all those, I certainly don't think he went for the draw in nearly all of them.

Totally agree with points being crucial and us not being guaranteed anything. Whatever frees us up for the final sprint. Im guessing being behind Milan will actually help us play with less pressure in the final round of games, than if we were ahead. But only time will tell.
We'll already be playing with pressure. We have Inter, Napoli and Lazio to play.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Gonna miss this one, hope we can turn things around and put a win on the board :xfinger:

I'm off to Budapest, enjoy the weekend fuckers

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
*Bologna 1-1 (18 shots, 5 on target) - We were all over them after they equalised, and this was with 10 men.
*Genoa 2-2 (20 shots, 7 on target) - Some retarded fuck ups cost us that game, Krasic and Bonucci/Storari from what I remember were the main causes of their second goal.
Udinese 0-0 (17 shots, 5 on target) - I could actually put blame on Conte not using enough technical players in this game. Pepe and Matri were our forwards.

*Matches I think Juventus should have won given the way the game was played.

Notice how in all but one of those games, Juve failed to score more than 1 goal. In my opinion, Conte made a team to win nearly all those, I certainly don't think he went for the draw in nearly all of them.
I thought we were below par and content with a draw against Parma, Cagliari, Chievo and to a lesser extent Siena and Bologna where we came from a goal down. Difference of opinion here, but I genuinely feel Conte's tactics and overall teamplay will be a lot more ballsy than they sometimes tend to be if he loses the unbeaten tag. I could be wrong but thats what I'm thinking. :)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
"But we don't need Tevez."

:howler:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)