Serie A: Empoli vs Juventus [March 19, 2008] (1 Viewer)

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
empoli are really struggling at the moment. Maybe we will start with a less strong formation with maybe palladino and iaquinta as starters to see how it goes and to rest the others. we'll see. i'm not too worried about empoli, maybe underrating them, but still...
I predict a 2-1 win for us. Palla and Iaq to score (simply because i think DP/Neddy/Trez are going to rest) and goal for empoli by giovinco of course :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

MadballJuve

Oct 8, 2007
Buffon
Zebina - Stendardo - Chiellini - Grygera
Camoranesi - Sissoko - Tiago - Salihamidzic
Iaquinta - Paladino

Rest Nedved, Del Piero and Trezeguet for this game. Substitute Iaquinta from the moment we have a confortable lead.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
-----------------------------Buffon-----------------------------

Zebina--------Legrottaglie--------Stendardo--------Chiellini

----------Sissoko---------Tiago---------Nedved---------------

--------Camoranesi--------Trezeguet--------Iaquinta--------

It would be better to play 4-3-3 than 4-4-2 so that we can give more room for Tiago in the center like we did in the second half against Napoli and maybe with Camo and Iq on each side of the attack Trez might have more space and some decent crosses could be put in the box

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
empoli are really struggling at the moment. Maybe we will start with a less strong formation with maybe palladino and iaquinta as starters to see how it goes and to rest the others. we'll see. i'm not too worried about empoli, maybe underrating them, but still...
I predict a 2-1 win for us. Palla and Iaq to score (simply because i think DP/Neddy/Trez are going to rest) and goal for empoli by giovinco of course :D
Being watching empoli's games almost the whole season (to follow our players :spliff: ), they r a tough team. We should play them with full strength. They've got some decent players other than ours (players like: abate, Vannucchi, Antonini) pretty good players. They won napoli in napoli 3-1 and were very close to win milan if not for bad luck they had that day. I would rather play mid-table teams than playing close to bottom teams that R soo desperate for every point.....

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The match against Empoli is just as important as the match against Inter.
I'd say it's even more important .
Even if we rest every single player in Empoli we may still easily lose the match vs Inter. Afterall, we're underdogs and we'll be playing against a team with 13-2-0 home record and a team that is a referee's pet.
But if we rest our best players in Empoli we may easily lose or draw that match also and end up with 0 or 1 points from these two matches.

That's why winning the 3 points in Empoli is a must and every point won at San Siro will be just a bonus.

Last week i talked about how easily we win points against the teams where we have players loaned : Siena-Empoli and Genoa.
Now we play against such a team again but i'm not sure if Empoli will let us win without even trying to pass the midfield (as it was in the first match in Turin). They are in very tricky situation and if they lose this match they'll be a step closer to serie B.

I know that for some of you beating Inter is the most important thing but for me 3 points are 3 points and the realist in me says that we mustn't concentrate on Inter and we must give 100% to win the 3 points in Empoli !

Sicilian Juve

May 17, 2006
Ok Stupid question time (also hope this is the right forum). Why do I keep reading that Juve is in great shape for a champions league spot because they are 8 points clear of Milan? Don't we have to worry about fiorentina instead, or is this in reference to an uefa cup spot?

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Ok Stupid question time (also hope this is the right forum). Why do I keep reading that Juve is in great shape for a champions league spot because they are 8 points clear of Milan? Don't we have to worry about fiorentina instead, or is this in reference to an uefa cup spot?
no they are just not recognising the threat of fiorentina, in reality we should be worrying about both teams.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Ending 3rd or 4th makes no difference at all. Both the 3rd placed and the 4th placed team will play in Ch.League qualifiers.
But the 5th place leads to UEFA Cup and that's why the difference between us and the 5th placed team (in this case Milan) is so important

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Even if we rest every single player in Empoli we may still easily lose the match vs Inter. Afterall, we're underdogs and we'll be playing against a team with 13-2-0 home record and a team that is a referee's pet.
But if we rest our best players in Empoli we may easily lose or draw that match also and end up with 0 or 1 points from these two matches.

That's why winning the 3 points in Empoli is a must and every point won at San Siro will be a just a bonus.

Last week i talked about how easily we win points against the teams where we have players loaned : Siena-Empoli and Genoa.
Now we play against such a team again but i'm not sure if Empoli will let us win without even trying to pass the midfield (as it was in the first match in Turin). They are in very tricky situation and if they lose this match they'll be a step closer to serie B.

I know that for some of you beating Inter is the most important thing but for me 3 points are 3 points and the realist in me says that we mustn't concentrate on Inter and we must give 100% to win the 3 points in Empoli !
Well said... +rep

because fourth place also allows you to go to CL...we are 8 points above Milan (who are in 5th place)...so the talk is about CL spot not UEFA one :smoke:

Sicilian Juve

May 17, 2006
Being watching empoli's games almost the whole season (to follow our players :spliff: ), they r a tough team. We should play them with full strength. They've got some decent players other than ours (players like: abate, Vannucchi, Antonini) pretty good players. They won napoli in napoli 3-1 and were very close to win milan if not for bad luck they had that day. I would rather play mid-table teams than playing close to bottom teams that R soo desperate for every point.....
I agree. We also have a bad habit of playing down to the level of our competition. He for the most part will play the good teams well, but will then play down to the level of some of the weaker teams.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Stupid question indeed.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006

That's why winning the 3 points in Empoli is a must and every point won at San Siro will be just a bonus.

you convinced me really! Good argument and +rep; we shouldn't expect a win against inter. A draw would already be a good achievement. Every point at inter is a bonus, you're really right about that!
Nevertheless, i think we should give palla and/or iaq a chance. On the one hand, neddy could use a rest again (not because of the inter game, but just to prevent injuries, tiredness) and because iaq does really a lot to get into the squad and he really should be rewarded for that. Same thing with tiago, i think he should go on playing, on the one hand because zanetti will still be injured, on the other because he is gaining confidence; one could even see improvement in him from one half to the other at the napoli-game.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Yep great formation, though IMO ranieri most likely will play like this:

-------------buffon
zebina-legro-chiellini-molinaro
------------sissoko
camo-c.zanetti-paladino(rest nedved for inter's game)
---------IQ-Trezeguet
I'd play like that too, except switch zanetti with tiago. I don't know if zanetti is fit already (doubt it) and even if so, i'd rest him for the inter game. Plus Tiago is doing fine, so we should keep trusting him.
Buffon
Zebina - Stendardo - Chiellini - Grygera
Camoranesi - Sissoko - Tiago - Salihamidzic
Iaquinta - Paladino

Rest Nedved, Del Piero and Trezeguet for this game. Substitute Iaquinta from the moment we have a confortable lead.
I agree Nedved needs to be rested

Rest Nedved from what? He was suspended last few games, and we need those points.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006

:agree:

sums it up really. but i would rest trez because you have to take a chance at winning against inter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)