Serie A: Empoli vs Juventus [March 19, 2008] (5 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Fiorentina play away to Napoli and Milan play an on-form Sampdoria and we played a good game winning in a late goal. Let us just continue in the same aggressive way, there's a chance we might extend the lead even more on Wednesday. The game against Inter is still early and the game against Empoli will not really exhaust us.

The best approach is to go against them in full power, take a comfortable lead and THEN substitute the key players for the Inter game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juventino_NJ

Sep 16, 2006
Empoli without Saudati: three rounds' suspension thanks to TV evidence

Empoli, Juventus' opponents in the next midweek game, will have to do without Saudati and Pratali, both suspended. The defender's suspension was expected (as he'd got his fourth yellow card in Bergamo), while the striker's was not taken for granted: he's been suspended for three games thanks to the use of TV footage showing evidence of him elbowing Atalanta player Talamonti.

No problem for Ranieri. The list of players who risk suspension is getting longer, with Trezeguet joining Nocerino and Palladino, but the formerly suspended players, Camoranesi, Legrottaglie and Zebina, are all ready and eager to get back into action.

Pingo

Oct 31, 2007
The match against Empoli is just as important as the match against Inter.
I'd say it's even more important .
Even if we rest every single player in Empoli we may still easily lose the match vs Inter. Afterall, we're underdogs and we'll be playing against a team with 13-2-0 home record and a team that is a referee's pet.
But if we rest our best players in Empoli we may easily lose or draw that match also and end up with 0 or 1 points from these two matches.

That's why winning the 3 points in Empoli is a must and every point won at San Siro will be just a bonus.

Last week i talked about how easily we win points against the teams where we have players loaned : Siena-Empoli and Genoa.
Now we play against such a team again but i'm not sure if Empoli will let us win without even trying to pass the midfield (as it was in the first match in Turin). They are in very tricky situation and if they lose this match they'll be a step closer to serie B.

I know that for some of you beating Inter is the most important thing but for me 3 points are 3 points and the realist in me says that we mustn't concentrate on Inter and we must give 100% to win the 3 points in Empoli !

Great post mate...:tup:
I read the posts of others, now they would like to play only 3 at the back :lol: i guess Ruineri did some "magic" against Napoli and now everybody is "hookd"...
We should play Ruineri stayle 4-4-2:

Buffon

Zebina - Legro - Standardo - Chiellini

Camo - Sissoko - Tiago - Nedved

Trezegol - Del Piero

Sub: 1) Palla-Nedved, 2)DP-IQ, 3) Noce-Camo....U can still put Palla up front with IQ and Treze in the second half 60.min (if the result is not in our favour):

Noce - Sissoko - Tiago

IQ - Treze - Palla

May 22, 2007
I think that we really should go out to win this game and have damage limitation at San Siro. Camo and Zebina back on the right side will be a great addition.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Empoli without Saudati: three rounds' suspension thanks to TV evidence
Great news !

Empoli are the only team in serie A with 3 strikers in the 25 men squad.
The first one is their top scorer Pozzi who is out for a while and who'll be out for a month or two due to an injury.
The second one is Luca Saudati who is a real pain in the ass for the defenders. I watched him twice against Milan where he was great. He even scored the winning goal at San Siro.

This leaves them with only one attacker.......... our Rey Volpato :D
And the other guy who plays in attack, as a support for the strikers is....... yes, our Seba Giovinco.

Pratalli is suspended and it's good news also because Pratalli was the substitute of their injured best defender, the right back Raggi, so now Empoli will have to improvise at the right back and put Antonini or Lino Marzoratti there, which will open a spot at the center back that will have to be filled with one of the reserve players.

Another important player from their midfield, Marianini is also out injured.

So, the scorers of 11 of Empoli's 23 goals are injured or suspended, plus they have problems in defense.

Good news finally !

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
OMG what good news... thx for the report Alen. Now that sounds promising... although we should not underrate their fighting spirit. There will be people wanting to show what they can. But we should make that one, no matter our line-up. I think if empoli lose against us, they will have difficulties to stay in a, and should they play serie-b next season, i think giovinco will come back for sure. I don't think juve will let him play in b.
Let's kick they're ass!!! :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Oh, and not to forget, due to the lack of defenders in Empoli, a sure starter in their defense is............. our Felice Piccolo :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)