SERIE A: Chievo - Juventus (1 Viewer)

cynical

Mar 7, 2003
Chievo are such impressive side no doubt about that and it wouldn't be suprise me if they show us hard times. However, since Chievo been promoted to seriaA in 2001 and we havn't lost nor even drew them : 2001/2002 3-2 home and a great 1-3 win away, 2002/2003 a marvellous 1-4 win away and of course the 4-3 finale...........so it's kinda encouraging and Forza Juve:D

Aug 27, 2003
well cheivo are a really good team and we would face difficulties beating them, but if u remember last season our matches endded us winning and lots of goals...
i remember that trezegol came back in the match if im not mistaken and scored a hat-trick..
and the other one well our second team played but we still won so i think we have the chnace of beating them i predict
3-0 (hopfully :s) i have so much sonfidence...last time i said the same for empoli i got a 5-1 so..u neve rknow

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #26
    Miccoli won't be playing so I think that Lippi will go back to the 4-3-1-2 formation. This is an important match for Juve so I'm expecting Lippi to start his strongest team and then if the opportunity presents itself, make subs.

Probable starting line-up:

Buffon
    Thuram Legrottaglie Montero Zambrotta
    Camoranesi Tacchinardi Appiah
    Nedved
    Trezeguet Del Piero

Likely substitutions:

- Ferrara for Legrottaglie/Montero
    - Davids/Maresca for Appiah/Tacchinardi
    - Di Vaio for Trezeguet/Del Piero

I think that the importance of the game will see Nedved and Del Piero play at least 75 mins, if not 80 or the full 90.

Prediction:

DP, Trez and DV all look very very sharp in front of goal and if they have a good day we could see another romp. I reckon however, that Juve will have a poor first half like in the Empoli game but they'll come out fired up for the second half and rescue the game with some attractive attacking football.

@ HT: Chievo 1-1 Juventus
    @ FT: Chievo 1-3 Juventus
    Scorers: Trezeguet, Nedved, Del Piero

Aug 27, 2003
    (4-3-1-2):
    ------buffon-------
    --thuram--legoratoglie--montero--zambrotta
    --camoranisi--Marcsca---Davids
    --nedved--
    ---trezegol---delpiero--
    wel its just like fantasica but i dont know i have a feeling marcesca will have a hance , and maybe davids after and if he is feeling alright by then in this game..

Score: 3-0 (delpiero, Camoranisi,trezegol)

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    Hey Fantasista, nice prediction.:thumb: I agree with it :)

If DP and Trez do s well s what they showed against Empoli, we might see more goals :)

In the Empoli match i think we did not waste much time in trying to score but our defence.......not very gd. The 2nd half we came all out to get the goals and we got them :) ....again.....defence not very gd....

But considering this is an away game, we ought to be more cautious. So i feel that we will be the 1st to score in Cheivo

HT: 0-2
    FT: 1-3

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    4-1 Trez, Trez, DP, Nedved. That is my honest prediction. I dont see juve keeping a clean sheet, because our defence is a little shaky in a few moments of the game right now.

Jul 12, 2002
    I'd say;

2-2 Chievo will go to an early lead, but Juve will come back to lead 2-1 only to throw it away late in the game to a foolish mistake.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    It seems that our star players are very sharp lately, so if all of them shine in the game, we will surely win. If Trezeguet have a good game....it means that DP, Nedved and Zambrotta had a good game too :D

OK, i still want to see more about Maresca. He missed a pk against the "Nova Era" team, so it seems like he is not so good at Pks.

He didnt played that much in the pre season, so i think that if we manage to take an early advantage, it would be good to test him more, and rest nedved.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
    4-1 Trez, Trez, DP, Nedved. That is my honest prediction. I dont see juve keeping a clean sheet, because our defence is a little shaky in a few moments of the game right now.
    That's pretty optimistic IMO. I don't think Chievo's one goal worse than Empoli... I think we'll edge it 3-2

++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    It seems that our star players are very sharp lately, so if all of them shine in the game, we will surely win. If Trezeguet have a good game....it means that DP, Nedved and Zambrotta had a good game too :D
    Yes, they're playing very well for club and country, Camo and Buffon had good games against Wales too.

OK, i still want to see more about Maresca. He missed a pk against the "Nova Era" team, so it seems like he is not so good at Pks.
    Trezeguet missed a penalty against Milan, so he must suck at PKs ;). Did anyone see the kick? Hopefully it was just a bad one-off. But we have plenty of penalty takers anyway so oh well..

I'd also like to see Maresca play more, I like him and have great hopes for him in the future

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Trezeguet missed a penalty against Milan, so he must suck at PKs ;).
    Maresca had failed 2, from 2 opportunities. ;)

Maybe he gets too nervous

JuveTrueChamps

Aug 10, 2002
    Im not sure about this one. I think we can win it. Depends how tired some of the players are from international duty. Ill have a match preview up on the main page later this week if anyone wants to read. :)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    oh remember we're playing against galatasaray three days later so we have to rest some players. i cant wait to see if davids will play or not

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
    I'd say;

2-2 Chievo will go to an early lead, but Juve will come back to lead 2-1 only to throw it away late in the game to a foolish mistake.
    Aaah, So you're the one who's been steeling Lippi's Tea Cups! :rolleyes:

;)

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #40
    ++ [ originally posted by bongo10 ] ++
    Juve 3-1 Di Vaio, Miccoli and Zambrotta score
    Miccoli won't be able to score because he's not going to play. He's injured.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)