[Serie A] Chievo - Juventus (3 Viewers)

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
Thats my Formation...:agree:

Nedved is needed there as he's doing fine helping our midfielders when It comes to defending. I still hope he'll performe better in attack.
There are matches that are simply born for nedved, I allways like to see him in matches against Roma and Lazio, and now I have the feeling that this is a neddy match..

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
TBH, I wouldn't say Buffon played yesterday. He did nothing at all, Not even one single shot at his goal.
it this is the case, let him play. unfortunatly I did not see the match yesterday :(

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
djleli said:
buffon should play from now onwards.. an inform buffon is better than abbiati altough i want to see abbiati keep playing... chievo are a difficult tema to face we struglled against them last year. i think that his could either be somewhat of a downfall .... i say that we win with a really late goal and a very controversial match.
you just discribed the match of last season ;) but I agree

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
m_elayyan said:
if juve consider chievo a deficult match , kiss the CL good bye.
Chievo is a good orgenized team. and every team in italy give 200% when they play against juve. because of that it is a diffecult match, and it has nothing to do with CL.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Maresca said:
There are matches that are simply born for nedved, I allways like to see him in matches against Roma and Lazio, and now I have the feeling that this is a neddy match..

Just like the Lazio game last year...

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
Considering Zlatan's form, he should be benched. Yet, I think Capello will give him a chance to make up for his recent failures, and drop either on-form DP or Trezeguet. Chievo is stronger than Reggina + we'll be playin' in Verona. I expect a 1-3 result. Juve the victor of course.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
m_elayyan said:
if juve consider chievo a deficult match , kiss the CL good bye.

so your beloved barca had a difficult match against bilbao and chelsea had a difficult match against lowly sunderland so should both these teams kiss goodbye to the CL.

i dont think so CL and domestic league games are totally different situations.

Buffon must play i understand your point about overplaying him but in my opinion he has missed too many matches he needs as many games as quickly as possible to overcome his mental problems and regain his form and confidence.

i hope he plays and chievo test him a little.

my line up.

buffon

zambrotta thuram canna balzer

mutu emerson vieira nedved

DP Ibra(Trez)

its a hard call up front Dp deserves to start as he and mutu are juves two most in form players right now.

I would like trez to start and score as it will help him in his bid for top scorer.

I am a juventus fan and Dp is my fav player but juve need zlatan to be in high caonfidence and good form so also maybe i like to see zlatan start play well and score a goal or two to improve his confidence as we enter the important part of the season

i think cap will start

buffon

zambro thuram canna balzer

camo vieira emo neddy

Dp Ibra

AzherIqbal

Nov 15, 2005
Eire said:
so your beloved barca had a difficult match against bilbao and chelsea had a difficult match against lowly sunderland so should both these teams kiss goodbye to the CL.

i dont think so CL and domestic league games are totally different situations.

Buffon must play i understand your point about overplaying him but in my opinion he has missed too many matches he needs as many games as quickly as possible to overcome his mental problems and regain his form and confidence.

i hope he plays and chievo test him a little.

my line up.

buffon

zambrotta thuram canna balzer

mutu emerson vieira nedved

DP Ibra(Trez)

its a hard call up front Dp deserves to start as he and mutu are juves two most in form players right now.

I would like trez to start and score as it will help him in his bid for top scorer.

I am a juventus fan and Dp is my fav player but juve need zlatan to be in high caonfidence and good form so also maybe i like to see zlatan start play well and score a goal or two to improve his confidence as we enter the important part of the season

i think cap will start

buffon

zambro thuram canna balzer

camo vieira emo neddy

Dp Ibra
Quality post. Agree totally

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The problem that makes a Chievo match difficult is that it's not the CL. And so a coach has to level out the players he wants to expend, the training intensity, and the emotional energy the team needs to invest to get the win when the competition and global stage is, well, nothing really to write home about.

The last time Milan won the CL, they finished third in the league. That should tell you something right there. It's a matter of priorities.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
i dont think a slump is on the way juve controled the match against reggina but the final ball and shot were very poor on most occassions.

but the midfield and the team as a whole worked hard and as a result buffon was a spectator.

there was no complacency and a lot of determination and commitment.

a team that continues to win while underperforming is a good team, and wednesday night against chievo should be good.

juve respect chievo they will know their home form is good and that they have taken points off some off the bigger teams.

juve will step to the mantle and meet the challenge head on, i expect a good quality game, and hope for improved performance from patrick vieira

Ilqar

Nov 12, 2005
It will be a diffucult match very difficult but i think will win 1-0 as in the last year and last legs. Treza must score to reach Toni. He has already 18 goals. And i dont think will lost any point still match Juve-Inter in the 6th round of the second leg.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #57
    I would play:

Buffon
    Zambrotta - Thuram - Cannavaro - Balzaretti
    Mutu - Emerson - Vieira - Nedved
    Trezeguet - Del Piero

Having been out for so long Buffon needs to get some minutes under his belt. He picked up a cleansheet against Reggina but TBH he had practically nothing to do. Balzaretti, Mutu and Del Piero deserve to start because of their form while Zlatan's should keep him out of the team. Unfortunately I think Capello is going to bench DP so as to allow Ibrahimovic to regain his form.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    I am seeing a lot of people are dropping Trez from their starting line up because Dp is on form and his fans don't want him dropped and Zlatan's fanatics want him to play even if he is not in goal scoring form. Trez should play and i do not really care who partners him, he has scored in 9 consecutive matches and thats very impressive, he is the only true 9 we have there so hes gotta play
    I do not see Dp starting this game as no way in hell will Capello play Dp in 3 consecutive matches
    pPersonally, I have said before Zlatan in my view should be shifted to midfield, somewhere on the left not in the middle as he loses the ball often but won't be fatal if he does that on the wings
    Dp or Mutu should start alongside Trez and enuff already with the 4-4-2 which this squad is not adept at
    To give Capello his kudos he has managed to win the league, won 17 out of 19 games in his second season but his man management and tactical nous are the ones called into question by me.
    Credit to him all the same but he ought to be getting better out of this squad performance wise if not result wise

It does amuse to read how poorly we played against Reginna just because to those oh so transparent Zlatan fans their idol didnt play, but to see this same ppl praise the team when we have played so much worse because of cos Zlatan played
    Even giving poor excuses about his miss, he was not warmed up and stuff like that, he is a great player but not a great goal scorer and if he is gonna be in the side cos of his assists, then it should not be as a support striker as Dp and Mutu are far superior in that department and should not be punished because of size
    We have a fantastic squad of players but is it not a shame that Capello has made it into ZlaTan vs Dp and Mutu vs Nedved?

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
    Azzurri7 said:
    Not an easy match IMO. Though Chievo lost today from Fiorentina 2-1. But they'll give everything against a side like Juventus.

I would go with Zlatan-Dp upfront...and Mutu starting ahead of Camoransi....

Trezeguet should rest.
    I hope they will play like that....

Trez has 3 matches without scoring any goal (maybe he needs a rest). Dp is at his best moment in all the season and Ibrah rested last game. Its very posible that they will start with dp and ibrah upfront....but remember that Dp played on tuesday and on sunday the 90 min...I hope he still have strength and Magic against Chievo :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)