[Serie A] Chievo 2-3 JUVENTUS [August 18th, 2018] (6 Viewers)

vote

• Cancelo

• Bonucci

• Alex Sandro

• Khedira

• Pjanic

• Ronaldo

• Bernardeschi

Results are only viewable after voting.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Regarding Ronaldo;

I voiced concerns immediately when I saw the draw for the the Serie-A season and saw that Chievo away was our opening game. And I also posted that Samp-Juve vid from 1982 earlier today, cause I've had a bad feeling all along.

It was the worst place ever that he could debut for us. Such a difficult stadium to play, they sit back a lot and we've struggled against them many times.

So glad to have this game out of the way, and with a win as well.

He did show glimpses of greatness today, and I'm really excited ahead of the Lazio game next week. I think he will get his first goal for Juve in that game.
last year we also won a hard-work 0-2 after they got 2 reds, and they were battling relegation.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
The 2nd goal down to a bad decision.
Too many hot head out there. Good thing it went well in the end.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #445
    Bernardeschi: 'Juve need heart'
    By Football Italia staff

Federico Bernardeschi felt the 3-2 Juventus thriller at Chievo showed “champions are great, but nothing matters on paper, you have to prove it all on the pitch.”

The former Fiorentina winger came off the bench and toe-poked in the winning goal at the Stadio Bentegodi.

“I am happy obviously, but regardless of the goal, I’m happy the first game went well with three points,” Bernardeschi told Sky Sport Italia.

“We knew it wasn’t easy to play here, especially with this heat, but the important thing is to have heart. Champions are great, but football proved once again that nothing matters on paper, you have to prove it all on the pitch during the 90 minutes.

“Obviously, we need to do better, but it’s tough at the start of the season to keep the tempo up for 90 minutes. We got the points and that’s the most important thing right now.

“I have to compliment Chievo, because they put in a great performance.”

Chiello3

IL Capitano
    Nov 26, 2017
    1 - Bonucci needs to realise he is in juvenuts not milan [no problems with bonny except for the fact that he was sleeping on 1st goal]
    2 - Defence needs to stop passing around ball to each other in the back line when theres no need
    3 - Start mandzukic every game
    4 - Cancelo wake up
    5 - Cuadrado needs lessons about right decisions
    6 - Let ronaldo shoot when theres a possibility [ instaead of doing a dumb dribble , same goes to ronaldo if he cant shoot]

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #448
    Haven't seen anyone say anything on Cuadrado's loose defending on Giach's assist on the first goal. I mean, not much to say about it I guess but probably shouldn't have let him fire the ball into the box and been a bit closer to him.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
    Apr 5, 2006
    Mandzo needs to start every single game. Anyways, fuck everything else, 3 points in the bag against an oponent i knew was going to give us a very tough time. We will gel in in time....

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
    Ronaldo needs someone like Mandzukic next to him.

Bernardeschi needs to start.

Khedira slows everything down. Can does everything he does but better.

Bonucci needs to knock that Milan rust off and stop ball watching.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Typical first game of the season. Enjoyed every frustrating but if it. Giving live thread a break.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
    May 2, 2017
    Too early to jump to technical judegments but I'm so glad we showed grinta

We may have lost some bandieras but the identity of Grinta remains

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
    Ronaldo has a lot of homework to do about Serie A. Glad his first game was Chievo away. He’ll soon get the feel of playing since teams like that will man mark him with 4 players when he’s in the box and 4 more will crowd spaces for other attackers. I think Juve will have to rely on our usual goal scorers for the first 5-6 rounds if not more. Glad Berna scores and got the winner. Juve is modeling him to be our great Italian player.

Side note: #19s “goal” celebration seemed empty and heartless. Nothing like the passionate one he scored against Juve at home last year. You would think since “defenders score so few goals” that it would have been more passionate.

juvid

Jul 11, 2018
    Side note: #19s “goal” celebration seemed empty and heartless. Nothing like the passionate one he scored against Juve at home last year. You would think since “defenders score so few goals” that it would have been more passionate.
    cause he knew it wasnt his goal.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
    May 2, 2017
    Most important thing is the Clean Sheet

Hopefully we can start with a run of clean sheets so we can concentrate on the attacking phase instead of trying to fix the defensive phase
    ugh i knew it...now we need to figure out again whether we need 3 mids etc etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)