[Serie A] Chievo 1-2 JUVENTUS (September 25, 2013) (53 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
SKY:

Buffon

Ogbonna - Bonucci - Chiellini

Isla - Pogba - Pirlo - Marchisio - Peluso

Llorente - Quag

I'm not sure how Llorente - Quag are going to work together since neither of them is creative, but they are good in the air so hopefully they'll see many good crosses towards them.
Without speaking about the quality of the players, I'd certainly suggest Quagliarella is, in theory, the least appropriate partner for Llorente.
Depends on how you play it @Red

Llorente is by far the best header we got. But quag is a clear second. by having both, conte will likely have the wingbacks target Llorente. Thing is, quag provides additional danger in the air, while beeing good at creating space for himself, so good at the offballs.
To back this all up, looking at above formation, Conte would select his best crossers in Peluso and isla.

I'm thinking this game is partially a test by Conte. The maximal aerial threat, and seeing how it performs.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Normally vucinic should play.

But with that formation, conte is gonna test how effective we can be with a pure wingbased crossing game, fielding the two tallest/best heading forwards.

Furthermore, cheesio and pogby will have loads of space to run into for off balls, since quag tends to play much further on the field then tevez who's more like and advanced playmaker

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I don't know. Regardless if he has or hasn't Vucinic should be playing instead.
Quag is better in the air.

But more important, Vucinic remains our second best striker. Against the crappy Chievo, its a good time to rest players.

We'll need Vucinic-Tevez soon enough, and giving Llorente some work to get his starting spot.

Just beeing awarded a shirt cause the other guy is injured, isnt quite the same as beeing forced to effectively outperform him and start instead

- - - Updated - - -

Quags and Llorente together is a recipe for no goals.
Quag our most efficient stiker (before tevez/llorente) and Llorente our new most profilic striker, history based ?

Dont think so

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Quag is better in the air.

But more important, Vucinic remains our second best striker. Against the crappy Chievo, its a good time to rest players.

We'll need Vucinic-Tevez soon enough, and giving Llorente some work to get his starting spot.

Just beeing awarded a shirt cause the other guy is injured, isnt quite the same as beeing forced to effectively outperform him and start instead

- - - Updated - - -

Quag our most efficient stiker (before tevez/llorente) and Llorente our new most profilic striker, history based ?

Dont think so
It's not hard to see that these two together is close to zero creativity. It's like Amauri and Iaquinta together in terms of creativity.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Why do media know about our starting lineups these days? They seem to "guess" pretty accurately a day or two before.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Don't really know how a Quag - Llorente partnership will work out, but I trust the boss.

I would have liked to see Giovinco though.

Nice line-up. :tup: Lets get all 3 points. :xfinger:

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Predicted lineup :

Buffon
Ogbonna-Bonucci-Chiellini
Isla-Pogba-Pirlo-Marchisio-Peluso
Quags-Llorente​
I don't like Ogbonna as RCB !
I'm happy there are Isla,Peluso so i hope they can cross the ball to Llorente !

When Chievo entered serie A for the first time in 2001, they were more or less like Sassuolo today. A team noone heard about. But it was quite a big contrast from what Sass are doing now. Not only that Chievo started collecting points, but they did it with style. They were on top of serie A for a month and a half, playing really nice football under Del Neri.
The first time I watched them was against us. We won that match 3:2 with a dubious penalty. For almost half a match they gave us a football lesson.
It was the 5 Maggio season, round 3. One of the first official matches in our jersey for legends like Nedved and Buffon, who made a huge mistake on that match. I liked Chievo back then. The flying donkeys were a hit in Europe (since serie A was still numero uno in the continent).

Another match I remember, was the 3:3 from some years ago, when Mellberg made a big mistake in the last minutes and Pellissier completed his hat-trick

1st video :touched:

It was my 1st or 2nd year as Juve fan,wow Lupatelli :touched:

As for 2nd video :sergio:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)