[Serie A] Chievo 0-0 JUVENTUS (16th October, 2011) (60 Viewers)

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
marchisio was great again and I thought that low shot was in :sergio:
pepe & del piero were good too :tup:
all others were ghosts or weak
next game please now

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I approached this game with more hesitation than any other previously this season, for I am well aware of how Chievo play, especially against US. I expected a tough game, with few chances afforded our valiant troops by a team which at home, plays incredibly compact and employs allsorts of cuntish tricks designed to wind up the opposition, break up their rhythm, with the idea being, to grind down our spirit to such a degree that we lose concentration, and are hit on the break, with Pellisier, no matter his previous form, ALWAYS scoring...

And so...upon watching the game, I was far from surprised by how events unfolded on the turf.

Buffon-
Still stuck in that 'getting back to his best' phase...Commanded his area well enough, distribution was fine, fumbled one shot, but cat clawed it back into his clutches well before any opponents could capitalize upon his momentary lapse of concentration. Hardly tested. 6/10

Lichsteiner-
Can any of you name a right back superior to Lichsteiner???? I doubt it...He defends perfectly, has the stamina of Terminator, and attacks with zeal and top drawer technique. Yet another...very solid showing. 7.5/10.

Barzagli-
Dare I say that there is some welcome arrogance creeping into Andrea's game. For he is becoming settled into his by now, seemingly regular starting berth, and has won back his place in la nazionale...Dependable. He often reminds me of Cannavaro, in that, he only ever fouls tactically, with the worst possible result a yellow card. Other than Lichsteiner, he was our best distributor of the ball from our back line. Settled and Dependable. 6.5/10.

Bonucci-
There is a hint of tension in his ball playing efforts, which is something which Conte demands of his team as a whole, whether CB or Striker. Its as if, he seems very focused, and rather than attempt something which he may fuck up, he instead opts for clearing to relative safety, at least well enough to allow the team to regroup and rebalance. Encouraging...and I am mighty glad to see him back in first team action, as to my eyes, he has great potential. 6.5/10

Chiellini-
Its madness for anyone to suggest, even as wild optimism, that de ceglie or grosso should be our starting left back, when we have a player like Chiellini, whose defensive qualities are world class, and who is comfortable operating on the left flank of our defensive unit. Its now akin to saying a big FUCKYOU to both Conte and Prandelli...Whilst others seem to believe that he lessens noticeably, our attacking thrust down the left wing, I disagree. For Pepe was far from brilliant, and as a natural defender, Giorgio is naturally going to defend more than attack. Defence is his bread and butter. He was fine...and when the only other options are de ceglie or grosso, i hope that he remains where he has been for the last two games. 6.75/10

Pirlo-
My opinion of Andrea has changed since his move to Juve. Perhaps I failed to see past the 'he plays for the fuckin diavolo' veil previously...but either way, the man literally oozes Class. Its more pleasing than worrying, to see a team double up on him constantly, hack him down repeatedly, but still...he got on the ball often and used it intelligently, as always. After he had been taken down cynically, for the umpteenth time, he made a gesture to the player who had fouled him, not the ref, as if to say...'for fucks sake..come on...show some Respect...'. As I have noted before in other reports; Pirlo IS greatly contributing to defensive duties. He is not shying away from tackles, and in every game I have seen him play, he has made many very important interceptions. We are fortunate to have him...Bravo Beppe!. 7/10

Marchisio-
He worked hard, had one shot which went inches wide of the post; a wicked drive on his less favoured left peg...got involved in a few tackles, covered his position well enough, but unfortunately failed to impose himself on a midfield over-run with opponents seeking to stifle Pirlo. Not bad, but far from impressive. A sturdy 6.5/10.

Krasic-
Woeful. Which is not an anomaly...Its time for Milos to be benched, for he has been, by a country mile, our poorest player in every game he has played, other than those when de ceglie has been involved, when they both duel for the unwanted accolade of 'most ineffectual'. I can understand Chiellini sent to LB, to make up for the deficit of defensive talent which grosso and de ceglie bring to the fore, but Krasic is playing in a position for which we have many options. Pepe and Giaccherini can ALL play that role, and Elia, perhaps also Estigarribia, who ALL deserve a chance given the current form of Krasic. He was awful. Confidence is very obviously an issue, confirmed by a move which saw him running into, at worst a 1 on 2, but rather than take it on, he waited and waited, and then tried to pass back to a Juve player...to me, he appears hugely lacking confidence. Stick him in the primavera. For he is proving time and time again, absolutely useless. His passing, shooting, running...are all Wrong.
3/10

Vidal-
I love his warrior spirit. He fights and fights to the death. Passing is fine. Eagerness to get into the area is admirable. Tackling is decent. However, I feel that its a case of 'more time needed to adjust to italian football and also Conte's tactics'. As we yet do not know exactly how/where to play him. Also...he got elbowed in the face, horridly and blatantly off the ball. To his credit he got straight back up on his feet, but I hope that the italian FA review that 'confrontation' for it was intentional assault. Always looking lively and likely to make something happen. 6.5/10

Pepe-
A rather subdued performance from Simone. He had one left footed effort with was headed for the top corner, and annoyingly well saved, but other than that, he seemed...undeserving of a starting place. Still...As Conte's flanks are massively dependent on the connection between fullback and winger, and Chiellini is only very slowly getting into the role of fullback, I can forgive Pepe for failing to bring excitement, even a hint of THREAT, to proceedings. He did OK. 6/10.

Vucinic-
Great work ethic! Which rides against the tide of opinion which erupted when we signed him. His touch is classy, and playing a lone centre-forward role forces him to head back into midfield to attempt to grab the ball and connect with midfielders running past him. At times, a little too intricate, but then again, when playing against a bunch of Kunts like Chievo, who are hell-bent on faking injury and getting more often than not, at least 8 men behind the ball...what else was he supposed to do? A worthy of praise effort...6.5/10.

SUBS
Del Piero-
Did nothing in his time on the field, other than send a free header in the box agonisingly against the bar. Difficult to judge...so....N/A.

Giaccherini-
Such a shame that he pulled up soon after his arrival into the fray, with either a new injury, or more likely, a 'tweak' of the injury which has laid him low these last two weeks. I like him, and feel that he is a clever signing, as he follows instructions to the letter, and his spirit and determination are always unbreakable. N/A

Estigarribia-
Nowhere near enough time to insert a positive effect on the game. Did nothing wrong, but lacked the chance to do much right. glad to see him get his debut....N/A

Conclusion

We had several very decent chances, came as close to winning the game, as an inch of three of a post. The defence was very solid, and the one chance which we allowed our opponents, was a 50/50 which was thankfully given in the favour of Pirlo. On the balance of play, on measuring eagerness to score a goal, endeavour and chances created, we deserved to either draw or perhaps win. So a draw seems a fair result. We were never outplayed during the whole 95 minutes.

I was disgusted with Chievo, and Di Carlo can go eat a bowl of fuck...a man of class and substance does not moan about a goal that wasn't given, when his team have constantly hacked, spent the majority of the game camped in their own half waiting to spring a counter-attack, and worst of all, faking injury absolutely disgracefully. He should be ashamed...as should that irritating pigfucker Pellisier, and also one other Chievo player, who pretended to be seriously hurt, halted the flow of our attacking thrust, clearly intentionally, for several minutes, went off the pitch then returned right as rain...its appalling to see that, from a team playing at home, keeping us at 0-0, with a definite chance of sneaking a goal.

Perhaps I should see such dishonourable antics/tactics as a sign of respect for our perceived superiority??? It doesn't help. For we don't dive. Conte wouldn't stand for it. And rightly so...If a player is injured badly enough to warrant the game getting stopped, then its an insult, to the spirit of the Game itself as well as the opponents, if the same player, finally, after rolling around faking near to death injury, walks straight back on the pitch. That is not OK. Its despicable, and I now hope that Chievo get their comeuppance, and suffer greatly...Fuck you Di Carlo. eat shit and die...and take Pellisier with you...

We remain a work in progress. We looked far more likely than Chievo to grab the winner. We attacked more, showed more quality, couldn't break them down enough times to make valuable use of our chances. Top of the table, unbeaten after 6 games. Players on the sidelines still to make their mark...like Estigarribia and Elia...and Quagiarella. I can find no reason to complain.

Much has changed in terms of our grinta. Courtesy, mainly, of Conte. In terms of our aims for this season; I remain focused on 3rd spot and qualification to the champions league. That will not just bring us $$$$$ and a confidence boost to the squad and manager, but equally importantly, it will give us the chance to improve the squad, through attracting a player or three from that category of top drawer players who NEVER move to teams which don't allow them to feature in the premier competition of all the greatest footballers vying their trade in Europe.

Napoli and Milan are the only teams in our league whom I see as likely to finish above us. Roma need more time...for Enrique is very Spanish, played in, and trained in, a type of football massively different to what is played in Italy. Inter are presently a shambles, and long may that continue, but still, i include them along with Lazio, as our main challengers for that highly coveted 3rd spot.

Hardly a vintage performance, but we did not lose, deserved to at least draw, if not win, no major injuries, and we remain top of the league. Only a juventino eager for attention could criticize harshly...

Personally...I am content. Whilst our main rivals for 3rd are inconsistent, we are drawing or winning, and have yet to introduce to the squad, a player like Elia, who has seemed exciting and potent when I have seen him prior to his transfer to Turin...and then there is the unknown, volatile fixture of Estigarribia!.

Much to be thankful for, little to moan about.

Forza Juve.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Juve need to figure out how to organise the fullbacks and wingers when attacking.

On the right hand side, Lichtsteiner is getting high up the pitch and looking to put crosses in (most of them not very good). To create this space, Krasic is moving inside and being made largely irrelevant.

Krasic should hug the touchline and be given the ball there so he can try to beat his man and cross, which he did to great effect last season. This needs Lichtsteiner to hold deeper and possibly move slightly inside if he pushes forward.

Still, the defensive organisation and concentration is good and the midfield isn't giving away many counter attacks.

Didn't like the defending of set-pieces, though. Juve were too inclined to focus on preventing the Chievo players getting to the ball instead of going and attacking the ball themselves. Defending set-pieces the way Juve did today is just asking for goalmouth scrambles or the ref giving a penalty for holding.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Juve need to figure out how to organise the fullbacks and wingers when attacking.

On the right hand side, Lichtsteiner is getting high up the pitch and looking to put crosses in (most of them not very good). To create this space, Krasic is moving inside and being made largely irrelevant.

Krasic should hug the touchline and be given the ball there so he can try to beat his man and cross, which he did to great effect last season. This needs Lichtsteiner to hold deeper and possibly move slightly inside if he pushes forward.

Still, the defensive organisation and concentration is good and the midfield isn't giving away many counter attacks.

Didn't like the defending of set-pieces, though. Juve were too inclined to focus on preventing the Chievo players getting to the ball instead of going and attacking the ball themselves. Defending set-pieces the way Juve did today is just asking for goalmouth scrambles or the ref giving a penalty for holding.
Krasic is too easy to mark. The only way he can beat his man is by kick and chase...basically, out run his man. Teams have figured out how to neutralize his speed.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Krasic is too easy to mark. The only way he can beat his man is by kick and chase...basically, out run his man. Teams have figured out how to neutralize his speed.
Almost no-one can beat their man the majority of the time and Krasic moving inside is making it easier for people to close him down quickly.

Juve need to get him the ball wider and more often.

If he still fails to do his thing then, I'll criticise him, but just now he's being wasted to make space for Lichtsteiner to move up the wing.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Almost no-one can beat their man the majority of the time and Krasic moving inside is making it easier for people to close him down quickly.

Juve need to get him the ball wider and more often.

If he still fails to do his thing then, I'll criticise him, but just now he's being wasted to make space for Lichtsteiner to move up the wing.
I just think he gets marked out of the game too easily. Sure he could beat his midfielder marking him, but tactically all the LB has to do is kill the space. Krasic needs all the time in the world to get in a good cross.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)