[Serie A] Chievo 0-0 JUVENTUS (16th October, 2011) (57 Viewers)

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Every year the international break, or any sort of break, kills our momentum.

Let's hope we come back with a solid victory this season. Pirlo is bound to score sooner or later. Vucinic to continue his great ball retention, setting up and having good shots at goal.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I know last year was different but I remember beating a big team (Inter?) then we had the international break and came back to draw or lose to a small team (could even be Chievo) which set us up on a bad run. We need to keep the concentration levels.

But I think we should go with a two man front line for this one
I'm pretty sure after the home loss to Palermo last season (0-3), which was the third game of the season, we went on an unbeaten run until the infamous home loss to Parma in Jan 2011? (1-4)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Same team as Milan. A team that worked, a team with ideas and above all a team that displayed our performance on the season.
Word. We should just pick the best formation and persist with it unless it fails miserably and warrants some changes. I don't really get the formation for strong opponents and formation for weak opponents thing. If one line up is capable of dominating the leagues strongest teams then there's no reason why it shouldn't work just as well if not better against the weaker ones.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Word. We should just pick the best formation and persist with it unless it fails miserably and warrants some changes. I don't really get the formation for strong opponents and formation for weak opponents thing. If one line up is capable of dominating the leagues strongest teams then there's no reason why it shouldn't work just as well if not better against the weaker ones.
It's because they play differently.

Smaller sides tend to pack the defence and sit back (much like we used to do under Delneri), so it makes sense to have more creative players who can weave through a crowd.

Stronger sides have the guts to keep the ball and bring the game to us, so it's better to be a bit more balanced, pack the midfield and have hard working players who can constantly press for the ball, like Pepe and Giaccherini.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
True, even Barca has a hard time scoring against some of the weaker sides in La Liga sometimes.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I'd play the same line-up as we did against Milan, but maybe change one of the wingers. Elia to have another go? Stick Pepe on the right, Elia on the left.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'd play the same line-up as we did against Milan, but maybe change one of the wingers. Elia to have another go? Stick Pepe on the right, Elia on the left.
:agree:

We always step it up when Pepe goes to the right.

Albertmare

Idea Maker
Mar 24, 2006
Relax bro , we all know Pellisier has been a flee in our hair in the last few games but don't forget Chievo was also our sandbag for almost 10 matches after their promotion which were during our glorious day before "farsopoli" so as long as we play with our spirit , enthusiasm , organized play and concentrate , Pellesier and his dong are nothing .

4-0 for us

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Calm down Alberto.

Esti or Elia should start at LM. Pepe as RM.

Same back four. Pirlo with Marhcisio & Vidal and Mirko up top. Second half one of Vidal/Marchisio off and DP on for a 424

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)