[SERIE A] Catania 1-2 JUVENTUS (02/8/09) (7 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Stupid first yellow for vinny taking his jersey off, i can understand his joy after the frustrating season he has had. But for me the second is not a yellow card he made a genuine attempt to win the ball he was a bit late but not high or dangerous and the was not much contact. It was a typical strikers tackle. his first foul of the game.
i really cant stand this booking for shirt off rule.

Jun 19, 2006
Душан;1893557 said:
Buffon-5.5

Grygera-5
Legro-5.5
Mellberg-5
Molinaro-5

Camo-6.5
Sissoko-6
Tiago-6
Nedved-5.5

Amauri-6
Iaquinta- 0

Marchionni-4.5
Poulsen-6

We lacked something and we sucked pretty much.We missed that one player a lot and we also robbed Catania.

Anyway,we were lucky and got our 3 points.

Dušan, iaquinta 0? :D

True, he fucked up by being sent off, but he did score though :D

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Душан;1893557 said:
Buffon-5.5

Grygera-5
Legro-5.5
Mellberg-5
Molinaro-5

Camo-6.5
Sissoko-6
Tiago-6
Nedved-5.5

Amauri-6
Iaquinta- 0

Marchionni-4.5
Poulsen-6

We lacked something and we sucked pretty much.We missed that one player a lot and we also robbed Catania.

Anyway,we were lucky and got our 3 points.
tbh i would give buffon a 6 or 6.5 and amauri a 6.5
without him we would have never won.. just look at the last 5 min where he get us 3 corner kicks on his own

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
This was just a filthy match. Excellent point about the subs - why does Ranieri leave it until so late, when the team is clearly laboring? So typical...

Marchionni is absolutely useless, and Mellberg got bossed all day long... same complaints as always, I guess. Defense, Ranieri, Marchionni, and Pavel playing 90.

This was an absolute miracle... great determination. Huge effort by Amauri all game, especially in the end, winning multiple corners and centering that last one... the Terlizzi swing and a miss is definitely the highlight of my week. We couldn't have gotten more fortunate.

This win was all about Gigi...

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
We got lucky? I'll take it with pleasure, we fuckin deserve it, considering all this shit luck we've had with injuries.

Apr 15, 2006
I think the one to blame today is Iaquinta, not Ranieri.
STFU! Ranieri was ALL to blame, or you are not a tr00 Juventus fan! Players get sent off once in a while, but it's up to the coach to grab the match by the balls with his decisions, tactics and subs. Sadly, Ranieri did none of it, and if he takes credit for the Poulsen sub and eventually the goal, then he sucks more than Paris Hilton!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The thing is, even with one man down, with the right substitutions we could have pulled a classy win.

DP for Nedved and Poulsen for Camo would have made much more sense and would have definitely made another impact than the one we saw in the second half.

Ratings

Buffon 7 MOM

Grygera 5 very shaky and could have cost us the game.
Mellberg 5.5 Not a good game, too many errors
Legrottaglie 5 Sloppy
Molinaro 6 good defending

Camo 6.5 Nice to see him back
Tiago 6.5 Very active
Sissoko 6 Very much reckless but did some good job
Nedved 6 Good first half, should have left his place for DP in the second

Iaquinta 6 Stupid but the goal raises his ratings.
Amauri 6 Too much hard work that is not being transformed

Marchionni 4 Terrible, the moment he came in we were out of the game
Poulsen 6 + The Forrest Gump award is well deserved here, right Greg?

Ranieri 2 Really horrible approach. He loves the 1-1. Where everyone was waiting for DP or Gio to come in for Nedved he did what I knew he would, a late sub in the middle by bringing Poulsen in. Catania's amateurness, the referees mistakes and sheer luck is what brought him the three points today and nothing else.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
How the heck was Nedveds acceptable? Far from it, those others are apt, because they either were decent, or vital (Gigi, Poulsens goal). But if you want to add another player instead of them, and not Nedved, Molinaro is more worthy, because even if he was so so, its embarrassing that he continues to be one of our better defenders...
Perhaps my expectations on him are low, but Nedved was one of few people able to create something. He combined well with Amauri and Molinaro at times. I'd give him a 6.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
tbh i would give buffon a 6 or 6.5 and amauri a 6.5
without him we would have never one... just look at the last 5 min where he get us 3 corner kicks on his own
I don't think Buffon did his best with when we concided hence lower rating

Amauri was a beast but I didn't want to give him any higher.

Dušan, iaquinta 0? :D

True, he fucked up by being sent off, but he did score though :D
He scored but he doesn't deserve any other rating IMO.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
i really cant stand this booking for shirt off rule.
i never understood it either.....that & celebrating wit ur fans!

but i guess that what u get when u have a bunch of pencil pushers making rules for a game they've prob never played. they don't know the emotions & joy involved in scoring a goal....esp one after a long layoff, or one that end ur drought....or a really impt one.

they're fuckin retarded those laws.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Inter has had their controversial wins, so I will take this lucky win with both hands ...
Considering Juve played for 9/10 of the match with 10 men, its deserving to a certain extent.

Central D is a rather shaky through out and Morimoto is running rings round Mellberg and Legro dun look as confident as he did in the first half of the season. Secco better do something abt it and recalling Criscito will not contribute one bit ...

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Ranieri 2 Really horrible approach. He loves the 1-1. Where everyone was waiting for DP or Gio to come in for Nedved he did what I knew he would, a late sub in the middle by bringing Poulsen in. Catania's amateurness, the referees mistakes and sheer luck is what brought him the three points today and nothing else.
:agree:

Sissoko was also wrongly booked. Is he suspended for the next match?

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
the ref really assfucked the game today...the Vinnie dismissal, missing the Marchionni penalty for Catania and also the Nedved PK shout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)