[Serie A] Catania 1-1 JUVENTUS (25th September, 2011) (1 Viewer)

MoM

• Buffon

• Licht

• Barzagli

• Pepe

• Vidal

• Krasic

• Elia

• Matri

• Marchisio

Results are only viewable after voting.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
blʘndu;3274811 said:
playing elia was a good thing, changing the system was a bad thing
in regards to silencing media and speculation, yes ! in terms of adding something to the team that we will benefit from i am yet sceptic (at least as long as the new guys don't have the system in them by heart).

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Juventino[RUS];3274886 said:
there was 2 penalties against catania 2day! fuckin referee's dislike us
It always makes me laugh that when you do high foot in the area it's not a penalty, but do it anywhere else on the pitch and it's a freekick.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #985
    What a strange decision to try a new formation when playing away to Catania. The idea looked exciting on paper but the execution was totally off due to different reasons. First is that we are not used to it and second because we introduced Elia and Vidal where one has never played with the team before and the other touched the ball for a few minutes.

I like the idea of having Vidal, Marchisio and Pirlo in the same midfield but I would have given them different roles. Pirlo should be the regista and Vidal should get a similar role to Marchisio so these two can over up wider. We were skinned on the flanks because we did not have coverage in the middle out wide. Even with the presence of Krasic and Elia, these two tend to narrow down the lineup when there is only one striker.

Even if Barzagli is having the form of his life, this positive aspect is being totally cancelled by Chiellini having the worst form of his life. Not only Grosso and Lichtsteiner were often left behind, the central defenders were toyed with at several occasions. This happened because of Vidal's position very high up the pitch giving lack of wide coverage as previously mentioned and Marchisio being the only defensive midfielder was not enough to help the central defenders.

All this and the demand of speed this formation requires, the late substitutions and change of plan let us drop two points and we were lucky not to lose the entire game. The speed I am talking about here is not individual speed but quickness in making decisions, we were always a couple of seconds too late giving Catania an opportunity to anticipate our movements.

A game to be forgotten.

Buffon 6.5

Lichtsteiner 5
    Barzagli 6
    Chiellini 3
    Grosso 4

Pirlo 5
    Marchisio 5.5
    Vidal 5.5

Krasic 6.5
    Elia 5.5
    Matri 6

Pepe 6
    Del Piero 5
    Quagliarella N.R

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
    Tough draw. Could have gone either way. Del Piero and Vidal really should have scored. Catania missed 2 golden chances as well, with our defense showing signs of last season. In that type of weather, mistakes will be plentiful, but some of ours were just pure stupidity (Chiellini).

I would have switched back to 2 strikers at HT, and moved Vidal back deeper in midfield, since he was more or less doing Marchisio's job higher up the pitch. Not to mention he is more tenacious and better at winning back possession, all the while switching to join the attack more consistently across 90 min than Marchisio.

I thought Elia's sub was premature, given that Giaccherini and Pepe were no better on their debuts yet were not subbed at HT, but Pepe surprisingly played well and offered more from the left.

Milan, Chievo, Genoa, Fiorentina, Inter, Napoli, Palermo, Lazio. It would have been nice heading into a tough next 8 matches with 4 wins, especially since the last 2 matches could have swayed our way if we were a little sharper. Our defence in particular still has major concentration issues. On set pieces we never look ready, and against fast breaks the defending is always panicked.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
    Everyone here wanted to see Krasic, Elia, Vidal and yes are you guys happy? They choked together and 4-2-3-1 sucks. Why change 3 starters from last game? Very lame by Conte seriously? Elia should sit on the bench. With Krasic and Elia on the wings our midfield is really weak. You could easily see the how much Pepe and Giach help our midfield and defence. Krasic lost every ball in first half. He was lucky with his weak shot (the one he scored), their keeper is a blunder. Very impressed by Pepe.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    Everyone here wanted to see Krasic, Elia, Vidal and yes are you guys happy? They choked together and 4-2-3-1 sucks. Why change 3 starters from last game? Very lame by Conte seriously? Elia should sit on the bench. With Krasic and Elia on the wings our midfield is really weak. You could easily see the how much Pepe and Giach help our midfield and defence. Krasic lost every ball in first half. He was lucky with his weak shot (the one he scored), their keeper is a blunder. Very impressed by Pepe.
    Krasic was MotM and Vidal was much better than Marchisio, so I have no idea what you are babbling about.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
    Krasic was MotM and Vidal was much better than Marchisio, so I have no idea what you are babbling about.
    Krasic MOTM? hahaha that's funny, you are reading too much goal.com and that's not healthy. Vidal cost us 2 points, If he had shot the ball much better.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    What a strange decision to try a new formation when playing away to Catania. The idea looked exciting on paper but the execution was totally off due to different reasons. First is that we are not used to it and second because we introduced Elia and Vidal where one has never played with the team before and the other touched the ball for a few minutes.

I like the idea of having Vidal, Marchisio and Pirlo in the same midfield but I would have given them different roles. Pirlo should be the regista and Vidal should get a similar role to Marchisio so these two can over up wider. We were skinned on the flanks because we did not have coverage in the middle out wide. Even with the presence of Krasic and Elia, these two tend to narrow down the lineup when there is only one striker.

Even if Barzagli is having the form of his life, this positive aspect is being totally cancelled by Chiellini having the worst form of his life. Not only Grosso and Lichtsteiner were often left behind, the central defenders were toyed with at several occasions. This happened because of Vidal's position very high up the pitch giving lack of wide coverage as previously mentioned and Marchisio being the only defensive midfielder was not enough to help the central defenders.

All this and the demand of speed this formation requires, the late substitutions and change of plan let us drop two points and we were lucky not to lose the entire game. The speed I am talking about here is not individual speed but quickness in making decisions, we were always a couple of seconds too late giving Catania an opportunity to anticipate our movements.

A game to be forgotten.

Buffon 6.5

Lichtsteiner 5
    Barzagli 6
    Chiellini 3
    Grosso 4

Pirlo 5
    Marchisio 5.5
    Vidal 5.5

Krasic 6.5
    Elia 5.5
    Matri 6

Pepe 6
    Del Piero 5
    Quagliarella N.R
    I pretty much agree with everything Jack has said....my MOTM has to be Buffon, he saved the fucking game for us

Truth be told, if we played a better team out there today and not Catania (think Milan) then we get beat 3 or 4 to zero. Catania wasted plenty of chances, we just kept giving them away.

CAN'T-e decides to change the formation....WHY ???? We havent played badly until todays game, and we should NEVER play with a lone striker, as we showed pretty clearly today.

Elia reminded me of Freddy Adu out there, being man-handled everytime he went near the ball

Krasic was average at best, and if he didnt score I would say he was piss-poor...not the same player we signed last year

Vidal got better as the game wore on, as I thought he was shit in the first half

We found a team who works harder than us, with a lot less skill and money spent on players. They proved today that if you pressure our guys, we will make dumb mistakes and give the ball away, even in front of our own damn net (thanks Chiellini). We were poor in every aspect of the game from passing to defending to shooting, and if we continue to play like this, then we will have a repeat of last seasons disappointment

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
    I only mentioned Vidal because he was saying that Vidal was better than Marchiso. Marchisio had a decent game, and it's hard to tell who played better, unless Alen brings us some stats.
    Then apply the same to Marchisio. He missed almost the exact same shot as Vidal.

Did he "cost us two points"?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    I pretty much agree with everything Jack has said....my MOTM has to be Buffon, he saved the fucking game for us

Truth be told, if we played a better team out there today and not Catania (think Milan) then we get beat 3 or 4 to zero. Catania wasted plenty of chances, we just kept giving them away.

CAN'T-e
    decides to change the formation....WHY ???? We havent played badly until todays game, and we should NEVER play with a lone striker, as we showed pretty clearly today.

Elia reminded me of Freddy Adu out there, being man-handled everytime he went near the ball

Krasic was average at best, and if he didnt score I would say he was piss-poor...not the same player we signed last year

Vidal got better as the game wore on, as I thought he was shit in the first half

We found a team who works harder than us, with a lot less skill and money spent on players. They proved today that if you pressure our guys, we will make dumb mistakes and give the ball away, even in front of our own damn net (thanks Chiellini). We were poor in every aspect of the game from passing to defending to shooting, and if we continue to play like this, then we will have a repeat of last seasons disappointment
    :D

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
    Still infuriated we didn't win this. It even makes the Bolonga result a lot worse. Against them we had the red card excuse. Here we had nothing - I thought we were outplayed for periods of the game. We cannot handle a quick team at all. Even some of their players seemed to have better ball skills than our players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)