[Serie A] Catania 1-1 JUVENTUS (25th September, 2011) (4 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Licht

• Barzagli

• Pepe

• Vidal

• Krasic

• Elia

• Matri

• Marchisio

Results are only viewable after voting.

deggen10

Jul 27, 2011
The 3-man mid didn't work well at all. Clogged up the space for Pirlo, didn't get into the opposition box quick enough, and didn't really help press the opposition as you'd expect.

As for free kicks and corners. It's sad because Barz can't jump. Neither can Matri. Chiellini lost his strength. So there's never anything to aim for. Total waste of time.

Buy on AliExpress.com

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
So, are you blaming Vidal for the draw?
no, i blame wanking fans who push conte into playing players that don't get what the fuckin system is for the draw.

you saw how bad the first half was ... there was nothing working, players not running properly where they should, passes not getting played the way they should it is only down to playing players that don't yet get what the system is and what they should do in the different situations of the game. thats why matri was left isolated and why when one player had a ball there where not enough other players moving into space ... because the players simple did not move well because they did not know how to. give me giaccherini and pepe any day of the week over elia & co who either dont understand the tactics because they can not yet speak italian so well or are just to stupid...

now you see all the "stupid useless running" from pepe and giaccherini when it is not present... it brings the game to halt and makes us to static. for every useless run pepe makes, there is an opponent who has to cover him thus spreading the play and changing the opponents formation to make it easier for the midfielders to find space to operate in.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Problem with first half was we were not actually playing 433, we were playing 4141 with Elia and Krasic playing too far away from Matri. Matri looked way too isolated.

Conte has to rest Marchisio for a game and allow Vidal and Pirlo to play deep and have the 2 wingers supporting Vucinic and Matri. That I think should work. Not sure he will have the guts to do that against Milan though.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Next Sunday can change the entire mood for the remainder of the season. If we lose, which is likely as its our first match against a big side then we've essentially had yet again a very shitty start to a season. So far we've had relatively easy fixtures compared to Milan & Napoli who at the beginning of the season looked to be our main contenders.

One convincing (and veiling) display vs Parma, followed by a win in Siena, and then only gaining 2 points out of 6 vs lowly Bologna & Catania. A loss against Milan = shit start :sergio:
We beat Milan and Inter last season and still failed down to 7th - it's our inability to beat small teams that ills us every year

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
I think Pepe should always be our supersub,he plays better like that.
Elia did not do so bad,he didnt have a lot chances to prove his worth,but he can be really good,he needs to get some confidence and run at the opponent instead of passing backwards.
Marchisio,and Buffon were good today,Barzagli,Vidal were decent,the others were meh,including Licht,not so good in the second half,was good in the first. Chiellini and Grosso were just so bad today.Damn,that left side were our weakness,it has been for a very long time.

We badly need to start playing better,lets take the positives from today,no red cards and nobody injured,Thank God..

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I would sleep better knowing I was 7 points off of Milan and 8 points off of Inter. We will regret this slip towards the end of the season. I am not worried by Napoli, Udinese, or Roma. They will slip up as he season progresses and we need to start taking advantage of not having any other competitions.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
A good result against Milan is really important now if we beat them it will do wonders for our confidence and give us a good 6 point advantage over them if they hammer us it could really hurt us.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
no, i blame wanking fans who push conte into playing players that don't get what the fuckin system is for the draw.
so conte is a puppet run by drughi and press and forums? oh come on...he though we'll win it so easy we can change the system and change it again in the middle of the game if something is going bad

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Btw, in my opinion Elia and Krasic cannot play in a 4-3-3. One of them can. i.e Vucinic-Matri-Krasic or Elia-Matri-Vucinic. No matter how you look at it, you need 2 proper strikers on the pitch in Serie A, especially when playing against teams that defend with 11 men.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Buffon - 7. Bailed out the defence a couple of times.
Lichtsteiner - 5. Really bad with the ball. Not great in defence either.
Barzagi - 6. The whole defence was all over the place, but he was the best of the four.
Chiellini - 4.5. A couple of awful mistakes that could easily have cost Juve the game. He actually made some good tackles and blocks too though.
Grosso - 4. Beaten way too easily in defence. Didn't attack in the first half. In the second he tried to but offered nothing. A LB has to be the number 1 priority for January.
Pirlo - 6. He was closed down quicker in this match than in previous ones. The set up of the midfield didn't seem to suit him (or anyone else) either. Still vital in almost every passing move.
Vidal - 5. Had the best chance to win it but blazed his shot over the bar. Ran around a lot, but never really imposed himself on the match.
Marchisio - 5.5. Again, the whole midfield struggled. Played well for a lot of the second half when he was getting forward more.
Krasic - 6.5. Started the game very poorly. He looked to be completely lacking in confidence and ideas. For the rest of the second half, he didn't get the ball. He must have started the second half with the imprint of Conte's size 10s on his arse. Very dangerous in the second half. He was coming inside more than he usually does.
Elia - 4.5. Seemed weak and wanted more time on the ball than he was getting. Grosso gave him no support though. Was just starting to improve slightly when he was taken off.
Matri - 4.5. Didn't get involved enough. Struggled being the lone striker.

Pepe - 7. Probably Juve's most threatening player in the second half. Having a good season. A better option than Elia for now at least.
Del Piero - n/a. Missed the only chance he got. I'm not sure about him as a lone striker.
Quagliarella - n/a. Didn't seem fit. Good to seem him back though.

Conte - 5.5. Not sure why he changed the formation from the start. He seemed to really get it right at half time though. He got Krasic fired up, stopped the hopeless long balls and brought on Pepe who did well.

tyouto

catenaccio
Aug 8, 2011
I'm not sure what the thought process was to put Vidal as an attacking midfielder, clearly looked out of position. I didn't like how we started, Matri should have had another forward next to him (in place of one of the wingers) if the team was going 4-3-3 to start with. Sort of like below. Or just keep the 4-2-4 formation from the first three games.

Marchisio-Pirlo-Vidal
Winger/FW-Matri-Winger/FW​

Few things I didn't like. In the dying minutes Grosso runs half the pitch and tries the shot, when there were two players in the box. Vidal's clumsiness only outdone by Chiellini, both really had a few awfully lazy pieces of play. Krasic almost gifted them a goal as well late on. Good players were probably Marchisio and Barzagli for the most part.

Juventus were quite lucky that Catania were wasteful, they had the best opportunities and could have had 3 goals in that game.
:tup:

feriorca

May 27, 2009
The decisions to loaned Ziegler I heard was related to the failure to sell Amauri and Iaquinta. If it's true than what a horrible legacy Secco has brought us. If we didn't fix the left back problem I think we will see more of "less than satisfying" Chiellini's performances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)