[Serie A] Catania 0-1 JUVENTUS (March 23rd 2014) (3 Viewers)

Catania 0-1 Juve Man of the Match

• Caceres

• Pirlo

• Tevez

• Padoin

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't know what to say anymore, we are getting great results but I don't like the way we play. I guess I have to simply shut up and enjoy the wins.

Storari 6

Caceres 7
Bonucci 6.5
Chiellini 6.5

Lichtsteiner 6.5
Vidal 6
Pirlo 7.5
Padoin 6.5
Isla 6

Tevez 7
Osvaldo 6.5

Llorente 6
Asamoah 6.5
Giovinco N.R

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #185
    This is just our February drought that came in late but this time we still win.

Paul Poker

Apr 7, 2013
    Yeah and I'm happy with the three points, it just would be nicer if we could permit our starters to rest more.
    Pogba and maybe even Marchisio will be back for Parma, so Vidal could get a well needed game off. Other than that I'm afraid the only way we can rest starters is if we're content with dropping points against Parma and Napoli.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Reminds me a bit of the run before we lost in Florence, difference being that this time we have a big enough lead that we probably won't snap out of it before the season ends.

Quite a few players obviously look like they aren't at their best physical level, and the games keep coming, but it's risky relying on small margins.

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    our offence is so fuckin' crooked, we always score through weird flicks or in some other crazy way. man is this team screaming for some creativity next season.

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
    we are tired, more and more so; but even today we had an indecent ref, they all want someone like Webb to ref Juve, well if he reffed tonight's game, Catania would have finished with 7 men on the pitch. I can see us struggling vs Parma on wednesday, if I was Conte I'd give the boys all of tomorrow off.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
    I hope so.

I think the big thing is that Vidal is not firing on all cylinders right now, he probably needs some rest, but once he's back I think we'll see a more attractive Juve.

But 29 matches in and 78 points. That's incredible. Results come before prettiness.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
    The most remarkable thing I get from this game is how astounding is the amount of rage and envy Juve faces from entire Italy, game after game.

Once again, the local team battled Juve and players seemed to be playing for their own lives. It's really impressive. I don't see this happening in no other country. Such aggressive attitude from smaller local teams and fans.

Juve's players bus (called "Puma" by Italians) was once again battered by local retardeds who threw rocks, released some kind of gas and stuff against the bus. From freaking Catania fans. WTF!

I'd say Juve is the most hated team within its own country in the whole world. There is no Italian football without Juventus, and that's where most of the hate comes from. But there's no other relevant football country where all the rage is focused against just one team. In Germany, Bayern definitely does not suffer the same hate at all. This is not only about football dominance.

It's about honesty. Farsopoli. And regional rivalry. And lots and lots of envy steaming from Italians hotheads.

What these players are doing is just remarkable. They have to face a war every single game, mainly games away, and their mental and physical toughness is remarkable.

We'll definitely need to improve the squad for next season, and Conte will need to rotate more. But what these guys are doing is just amazing. I don't give a shit about how poorly Juve is playing. These players are warriors. They are enduring so much more hardship when playing away than any other team.

I think this destructive approach from all non-Juve fans (all of them anti-juventinos - maybe except for part of the Milan fans) is nearing madness. I don't see how it could be good for Italian football.

But I know that it's a good sign. The more we win, the more they hate. Let it keep coming

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
    The most remarkable thing I get from this game is how astounding is the amount of rage and envy Juve faces from entire Italy, game after game.

Once again, the local team battled Juve and players seemed to be playing for their own lives. It's really impressive. I don't see this happening in no other country. Such aggressive attitude from smaller local teams and fans.

Juve's players bus (called "Puma" by Italians) was once again battered by local retardeds who threw rocks, released some kind of gas and stuff against the bus. From freaking Catania fans. WTF!

I'd say Juve is the most hated team within its own country in the whole world. There is no Italian football without Juventus, and that's where most of the hate comes from. But there's no other relevant football country where all the rage is focused against just one team. In Germany, Bayern definitely does not suffer the same hate at all. This is not only about football dominance.

It's about honesty. Farsopoli. And regional rivalry. And lots and lots of envy steaming from Italians hotheads.

What these players are doing is just remarkable. They have to face a war every single game, mainly games away, and their mental and physical toughness is remarkable.

We'll definitely need to improve the squad for next season, and Conte will need to rotate more. But what these guys are doing is just amazing. I don't give a shit about how poorly Juve is playing. These players are warriors. They are enduring so much more hardship when playing away than any other team.

I think this destructive approach from all non-Juve fans (all of them anti-juventinos - maybe except for part of the Milan fans) is nearing madness. I don't see how it could be good for Italian football.

But I know that it's a good sign. The more we win, the more they hate. Let it keep coming
    That's exactly what the problem is. Many Italians are stuck in medieval times and are still prejudice against other territories within the country. Its just the culture.

That mixed with Juventus being, by far, the best Italian club in the league you get reactions like that.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    Our team is clearly tired, physically and mentally, and we really do need a deeper squad next season in order to be able to compete on multiple fronts and not burn ourselves out.

But a win is a win is a win. 3 vital points, and even closer to our third straight Scudetto now. Happy that Conte was able to play a few more reserve players. The important thing is to be ready for the 2 games against Lyon over the next few weeks.

Forza Ragazzi.

- - - Updated - - -

3pts, that's the most important thing

Some people really need to be more realistic on performances. We are playing every three days with very little rotation, of course we aren't on top form but as long as we win I don't mind.
    :tup:

Not going to be overly critical of this team when we are winning and coming closer to securing another title. These lads are doing extraordinary things at the moment, and they deserve our cheers not our jeers [/Delneri mode]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)