[Serie A] Carpi 2-3 JUVENTUS (20th Dec 2015) (11 Viewers)

Carpi 2-3 Juve - 20th Dec 2015 - MoM

• Pogba

• Marchisio

• Mandzukic

Results are only viewable after voting.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I respectfully disagree. Cuadrado is still looking pretty poor at what he used to do best. He should be doing what Alex Sandro has been doing - beating his man and putting in a dangerous cross. But he's still getting caught out far too often. It's mainly slow decision making IMO, slowing down the play when he should be playing to his strengths and running at his marker and trying to take on defenders when he should be slowing down play. His crosses always come too late and are rarely to the advantage of our forwards. And as for cutting in and shooting? FORGET ABAHHT EHHTT.

Lichtsteiner has never been touted as great going forward but he's shown for a long time how capable he is. In the 3-5-2 especially, he makes the smartest runs in behind (something I've never seen Cuadrado do this season). It was more effective when Pirlo was there to find him, but he's still managed to make that signature run a number of times this season, scoring an unreal volley against Munchen doing so.

Then there's Alex Sandro. He's not inferior to Evra, he's miles ahead. Evra is still a solid defensive option but after seeing Alex Sandro getting to his best there's no doubt that he is one of the worlds top full-backs. He's going to become an absolute star, fast. His dribbles and the link ups with Pogba are better than taking your socks off in bed.
:agree:

Until Cuadrado gets his offensive game going, Licht > Cuadrado and it's not all that close. Licht is far more solid defensively, and offers his own ability to feed low crosses into the box, as shown by his 15 assists over the last 2 years.

And although Evra is a great dude, and a very good player, Alex Sandro adds so much more attacking threat, pace, athleticism, etc that he is clearly a step ahead at this point. Defensively they're both very solid.
That's because Cuadrado is a waste as a RWB. Obviously to some degree, I agree Licht is a better RB and RWB. But put Cuadrado in a RW position in a 4-3-3 formation and you'll see his best.

Alex Sandro needs more time on the pitch for me to evaluate him. So far, so good.

- - - Updated - - -

Who's the better WB between Licht and Cuadrado depends on the opponent. Licht is better defensively, and Cuadrado is better on the ball and is a more attacking threat. When we play teams like Carpi, Cuadrado is the better choice. When we play against a team that is more of an attacking threat, Licht is the right choice.

It's not true that Cuadrado is completely useless with the ball now. He isn't in his brilliant dribbling form from the start of the season, but he still makes a few good plays per game.

But Allegri likes to pair an attacking WB with a more defensive one irrespective of the opponent. So, we'll continue to see Licht-A Sandro or Cuadrado-Evra.

Lichtsteiner is much better as a RB.
:agree: :tup: Great post, mate. +rep

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Khedira since his injury has been inferior to asamoah and sturaro.

Licht is MUCH better then cuadrado in 352

Sandro has been superior to evra
:sergio: Khedira > Sturaro by a mile, when both on form and injury-free. Asamoah > Khedira, I agree but Asamoah is either injured or off-form. He's rarely been used. Alex Sandro is at his peak while Evra is close to retirement. All I said is that Evra, considering his age, is still class.

- - - Updated - - -

A player of different class than Sturaro.
:hi:

- - - Updated - - -

But he was already good vs Torino.
Again, I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Against Torino, he did very well, was back to his usual self from earlier this season. A player of different class than Sturaro.
:agree: It looks as I'm kissing your ass. :D

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Christ, we are so fucking arrogant, I was biting my fist. That last 25-30 minutes was pathetically pedestrian. Should have been 1-5, Allegri must be furious.

Buffon 5
Barzagli 6
Bonucci 4.5
Chiellini 6.5
Cuadrado 5.5
Khedira 5.5
Marchisio 7
Pogba 7.5
Evra 6
Dybala 5.5
Mandzukic 7.5

Rugani 5.5
Morata 5.5
Lichtsteiner -

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I'll take this win but the attitude was disgraceful in the end. Allegri will need to bang some heads in the locker room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)