[Serie A] Calciopoli Directors 2-0 Juventus [January 17th, 2021] (5 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
I know this might be a controversial opinion, but seen from the outside you became worse since you signed Ronaldo. It seems your team is relying on him to do everything and if he doesn't deliver then you're clueless in posession and attack.

Added up with spending a lot of money on him but totally neglecting the midfield. Your team might have more star power with him but it was much more balanced and better 3-4 years ago imo.
Yeah it all goes downhill since we signed Ronaldo. We have been eliminated in CL by Ajax, Lyon and now probably Porto. Barely won the league last season.
This signing was a big win marketing wise, but as we see now either it blocked the funds for the proper rejuvenation of the team or wasn't planned properly.

I still love this transfer as this was just a huge climax and will go in history books but after a good 17/18 season we had to sit down with Allegri and plan the squad rebuild and next 5 years with him. Now we just go into seasons with 'let's see how it goes' mentality (full season with one LB? really? :sergio:)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
You should go back to some matches in the 2018 2019 season to see how world class they were.
I mean was there a match that they didn't get shit on? (matuidi khedira and Pjanic).
Yet we prevailed, because of tactics.
We played as a unit, Pirlo had 5 6 months to drill it out. He just isn't capable to do that.
He also doesn't know how to manage the squad and plays favorites all the time.

Like in this game berna has never done anything to warrant coming from the bench all year yet he is first subbed on and demiral is left on the bench.
If you were demiral how would you react to that substitution?
It's no wonder rumors of him wanting to leave has emerged.
How can you lose 3 0 to a Fiorentina that lost 6 0 to crapoli and still be called a coach?
My opinion is that no matter the coach, this team will struggle a lot. We won't be this bad, but we still won't be good.

Alex Sandro missed 2/3s of our matches and we have only Frabotta on that side. Cuadrado is not a right back. Bonucci is declining very fast and Chiellini is never available. I think most of you fail to comprehend how important Pjanic was for the midfield, even when he sucked. Look at the passing now.
The defense is much worse. The midfield has no shape and nobody to organize it now. A top coach can work on covering all these flaws, but it won't be enough anymore to win a scudetto like Allegri did in 2019 and Sarri in 2020.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Not having a competent leftback was huge today as well.
That's why I mention Demiral, we shoul have play Danilo on the left considering how often Merda just relies on Hakimi and put Demiral on the right flank

Demiral-Bonbon-Chiello-Danilo
Chiesa--McKennie--Benta--Ramsey
---Alvaro----CR7---

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Lautaro who is Bonucci's man is right in front of him. Barella's run should be followed by Frabotta or one of the midfielders.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the mistake Bonucci made there?
So this means that if lautaro goes right back to his keeper bonnuci should follow him there?
It's either the shit tactics aka pirlo's master class futile pressing or bonbon lost his head and followed him 10 to 20 meters into lautaro's half.
Agree that frabotta should have followed his man and his mostly to blame for the goal.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Yeah it all goes downhill since we signed Ronaldo. We have been eliminated in CL by Ajax, Lyon and now probably Porto. Barely won the league last season.
This signing was a big win marketing wise, but as we see now either it blocked the funds for the proper rejuvenation of the team or wasn't planned properly.

I still love this transfer as this was just a huge climax and will go in history books but after a good 17/18 season we had to sit down with Allegri and plan the squad rebuild and next 5 years with him. Now we just go into seasons with 'let's see how it goes' mentality (full season with one LB? really? :sergio:)
The problem is not Ronaldo, its how the rest of the squad has been built

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016

It's a big thing marketing wise indeed, but problem is many of these so called "fans" are gone as soon as he's gone to his next club. The same happened with United and Real Madrid. But he definitely generates a lot of attention to the club he's representing.

I just feel Juve kinda shot itself in the foot with the transfer. Signing Ronaldo is very good but if you have no clear plan how to give him proper service or you don't have the necessary funds to spend on the midfield because of his signing, then it was maybe the best thing not to do it in the first place.

Especially as you have many players who's 30-35+ and needs to be replaced soon. Chiellini, Buffon, Bonucci and Cuadrado all been the backbone of the team for many years, replacing them all in such a short amount of time is nearly impossible, mostly because of their influence.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
"We were too slow in moving the ball and we predominantly did it with the Defenders, instead we should've moved it around with the Midfielders so we could create 1v1's with Chiesa on one side and have Ramsey break the lines on the other side. We didn't do this because if all you do is pass it between your 3 cbs they will quickly set themselves. Too little did we go through the midfield, we found hardly any passes that broke the lines and they closed up well. So if you pass the ball too slow and just in the backline it's easy for Inter"

Pirlo

Completely right and something I've hated about recent juve's

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
It's a big thing marketing wise indeed, but problem is many of these so called "fans" are gone as soon as he's gone to his next club. The same happened with United and Real Madrid. But he definitely generates a lot of attention to the club he's representing.

I just feel Juve kinda shot itself in the foot with the transfer. Signing Ronaldo is very good but if you have no clear plan how to give him proper service or you don't have the necessary funds to spend on the midfield because of his signing, then it was maybe the best thing not to do it in the first place.
But Ronaldo is paying for himself! @Xperd

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
"We were too slow in moving the ball and we predominantly did it with the Defenders, instead we should've moved it around with the Midfielders so we could create 1v1's with Chiesa on one side and have Ramsey break the lines on the other side. We didn't do this because if all you do is pass it between your 3 cbs they will quickly set themselves. Too little did we go through the midfield, we found hardly any passes that broke the lines and they closed up well. So if you pass the ball too slow and just in the backline it's easy for Inter"

Pirlo

Don't field these 2 passengers in central midfield and then be surprised they did what they always do.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006

Pirlo

He's been right a number of times, which is a good sign that he might turn out to be a good coach eventually, yet everything bad that Juve A is his playground and not B

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
My opinion is that no matter the coach, this team will struggle a lot. We won't be this bad, but we still won't be good.

Alex Sandro missed 2/3s of our matches and we have only Frabotta on that side. Cuadrado is not a right back. Bonucci is declining very fast and Chiellini is never available. I think most of you fail to comprehend how important Pjanic was for the midfield, even when he sucked. Look at the passing now.
The defense is much worse. The midfield has no shape and nobody to organize it now. A top coach can work on covering all these flaws, but it won't be enough anymore to win a scudetto like Allegri did in 2019 and Sarri in 2020.
Mostly agree on these, but that you can also blame it on Pirlo.
He plays a 4 4 2 with 2 mids that don't play with any intensity. Benta can play that way but I don't know what happened to him.
Our only player that can somehow pass a ball is sitting on the bench, rarely getting two matches in a row (Arthur), let alone to be considered a consistent starter.
The defense is not much worse. Sandro was a shell even two years back and de shitio played against Ajax with rugano.

We have some problems, but not one that great that should stop us to win Seria A.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
But Ronaldo is paying for himself! @Xperd
Not really sure he does when the transfer alone was 100 mio euros and he eats 30 mio in salary each year :shifty:

Btw i know it was meant as a joke to an earlier reference but apart from the marketing perspective then you only been worse after his arrival imo - not because of Ronaldo but because of the complete neglecting of other parts of the team

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011

Pirlo

But passing backwards and sideways is all our midfielders do, and lose the ball and all duels ofcourse.

Jun 6, 2015
So this means that if lautaro goes right back to his keeper bonnuci should follow him there?
It's either the shit tactics aka pirlo's master class futile pressing or bonbon lost his head and followed him 10 to 20 meters into lautaro's half.
Agree that frabotta should have followed his man and his mostly to blame for the goal.
Of course he shouldn't follow Lautaro to right back, why would he?

We were trying to press them high as we often do, Lukaku dragged Chiellini out of position and Barella made a good run to the empty space that Frabotta failed to follow. So absolutely it was a tactical issue as well. Chiellini having to man mark Lukaku in combination with our lacklustre high press left all kinds of spaces for Inter to run into.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

Pirlo

So um Pirlo sir, why the hell don't you drill them to stop doing that and just yell at them whenever they do?
Is it because you don't have any authority when it comes to them?
Just bench them until it sticks in their head if they continue to do that.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I know this might be a controversial opinion, but seen from the outside you became worse since you signed Ronaldo. It seems your team is relying on him to do everything and if he doesn't deliver then you're clueless in posession and attack.

Added up with spending a lot of money on him but totally neglecting the midfield. Your team might have more star power with him but it was much more balanced and better 3-4 years ago imo.
It's about the timing. The midfield was not addressed a couple of years before CR7 and with his arrival it kept being ignored. Add to that a terrible experiment with Sarri.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

Pirlo

But he knows it's him who's coaching them?

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
It's about the timing. The midfield was not addressed a couple of years before CR7 and with his arrival it kept being ignored. Add to that a terrible experiment with Sarri.
But your midfield was still decent enough with Khedira and Pjanic imo

But yes it went downhill when you sold Vidal to us, I still don't understand why you did that. He was still good enough for 2-3 years more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)