[Serie A] Calciopoli Directors 2-0 Juventus [January 17th, 2021] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I know this might be a controversial opinion, but seen from the outside you became worse since you signed Ronaldo. It seems your team is relying on him to do everything and if he doesn't deliver then you're clueless in posession and attack.

Added up with spending a lot of money on him but totally neglecting the midfield. Your team might have more star power with him but it was much more balanced and better 3-4 years ago imo.
We love to buy those who bring us or the Italians misery. We bought Trezeguet after he knocked the Italians, we did it a few times in between iirc. That sensational goal CR7 scored to pretty much knock us out in CL was influential on both sides, we simply couldn't say no towhen he was offered and we were obsessed. Forget finances, forget all the plans, it's CR7 and it brought us back on the map or at least in the headlines.you're right though the obsession went too far, and now we're both lost.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
We love to buy those who bring us or the Italians misery. We bought Trezeguet after he knocked the Italians, we did it a few times in between iirc. That sensational goal CR7 scored to pretty much knock us out in CL was influential on both sides, we simply couldn't say no towhen he was offered and we were obsessed. Forget finances, forget all the plans, it's CR7 and it brought us back on the map or at least in the headlines.you're right though the obsession went too far, and now we're both lost.
Getting good individual players are always good, but what does it matter in the long run when you only win as a team you know

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
But your midfield was still decent enough with Khedira and Pjanic imo

But yes it went downhill when you sold Vidal to us, I still don't understand why you did that. He was still good enough for 2-3 years more
If we buy him in January he will be a starter for us. We sold him 6 years ago.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
But your midfield was still decent enough with Khedira and Pjanic imo

But yes it went downhill when you sold Vidal to us, I still don't understand why you did that. He was still good enough for 2-3 years more
It was decent but not more. But then again Sami was on the decline. That midfield was not going to grow better. The midfield of Pirlo, Vidal, Marchisio and Pogba when they started was obvious on the way up

Aug 2, 2005
Yup.
We have so many young players and such an inexperienced coach, that we can blow at any moment. And there are enough quality teams in the league to take advantage of that.
I'm obviously hoping that this won't happen, but I have a feeling it might.
Its a probability.
Even if I dont think Pirlo will be fired,, we won many games in the past just because other teams were afraid of us. Afraid to attack.

Always said its Inter title to lose than anything else.
If we stand any chance, we need a super creative B2B and a decent CF and to stop playing 2 Man mid.
451 whatever..

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Honestly 2-0 was a good result, given our performance. Could easily be 4 or 5, but Inter was clearly respecting us too much and maybe a little worried about a possible come back because of past experiences.

Otherwise, with cooler heads it'd be 4-0, easily.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We were actually lucky that Frabotta got injured. It would have been at least 3:0 with him still on. And he was replaced by Bernardeschi of all people, yet you could see the difference
Go to his thread and some will keep telling us there is nothing wrong with him. He is far from Juventus level, if that's not something wrong, then what the heck is Juve level anymore.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
That's why I was so pissed when we signed McKennie.
The kid is actually very good, likable, and our best midfielder by far. But I was aware that the midfield is terrible and I expected big changes there when the news came that we're signing some American kid from Schalke.
And I got even more pissed when during this mercato they kept talking about a sub for Morata, but no intention whatsoever to do something about the midfield.
You should been pissed when you realized our big signing for midfield was Arthur. McKennie was just a young add on initially on loan.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
To be honest - It would be a totally different game with MDL A.Sandro and Cuadrado...
We lost the game in midfield, and for having no organisation, no heart, which is mainly on the coach and a very supbar midfield. Having 3 of your starting backs playing would been nice, but they wouldn't changed the main issues.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
We play into Inter hands last night. The kind of game we play is what Inter suitable at with their counter attack. That's the difference between Pirlo's and Sarri's against Inter last season. Under Pirlo's, we are very ponderous from counter. We often easily concede from early goals. It's either players still need to understand/adapt or Pirlo needs to learn and try new methods

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Can we stop pointing to the midfield quality for fucks sake.

We've had plenty of games in which each individual midfielder performed pretty damn well. Never at the same time.

There is quality, and its undeniable. Its not obvious how to get most out of them, thats about it.

The coach is a massive failure. He cant come up with a gameplan for the midfield. He cant get a system thats working more then 2 games in a row.

And its januari and still 2-3 passes are enough to stroll trough our defence...

This is unacceptable. If we had Conte or Allegri, we'd be pragmatic, but we'd be on top of the serie a. And thats the fucking truth

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
But he knows it's him who's coaching them?
He did go on to say

"the coach is always the first at fault, because it is he who gives instructions. So I take responsibility. Because if the team hasnt done what we practiced it means they didn't understand well enough what we set out to do. We prepared a good defensive plan but instead after 15 minutes we became disorganised, we didn't cover their runs and then the game becomes more difficult. "

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Can we stop pointing to the midfield quality for fucks sake.

We've had plenty of games in which each individual midfielder performed pretty damn well. Never at the same time.

There is quality, and its undeniable. Its not obvious how to get most out of them, thats about it.

The coach is a massive failure. He cant come up with a gameplan for the midfield. He cant get a system thats working more then 2 games in a row.

And its januari and still 2-3 passes are enough to stroll trough our defence...

This is unacceptable. If we had Conte or Allegri, we'd be pragmatic, but we'd be on top of the serie a. And thats the fucking truth
Totally agree.

After todays game, i think its pretty sure we have no hope of getting something out of this season with Pirlo. Quote me on that

EDIT:

To be hnost i do not agree with your midfield comment. Our midfield is super average

Last edited:

ladstone

Oct 31, 2011
Totally agree.

After todays game, i think its pretty sure we have no hope of getting something out of this season with Pirlo. Quote me on that

EDIT:

To be hnost i do not agree with your midfield comment. Our midfield is super average
Dybala actually helped a lot for our midfield where is not best position for himself. But unfortunately, he wasn’t there today.
I don’t like CR, he is really slow and clueless in attack now. I hope we don’t renew his contract.

I don’t understand pirlo’s game plan at all. Why did frabotta push up so much in the game, he can’t produce any chance at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)