[Serie A] Calciopoli Directors 1-2 JUVENTUS (March 30, 2013) (30 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Barzagli

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

• Quag

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 10, 2006
http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/...steban-cambiasso-lunge-at-sebestian-giovinco/

This one was so bad, Esteban Cambiasso went to the Juventus locker room to apologize. According to reports, he apologized to Sebestian Giovinco. He apologized to Antonio Conte. He apologized to the entire Juventus team.

It’s the least he could do after what could only euphemistically be called a rash challenge. Late in today’s game in Milan with Inter chasing a goal, Cambiasso lunged at Giovinco as Juventus was trying to play out the clock. As you can see, Giovinco appeared to be seriously injured, Cambiasso’s extended leg making contact just above the ankle.

Thankfully, it appears he wasn’t. While Giovinco’s leg bends as if it may have been broken, no break was reported following initial evaluations. After visiting with the Juventus attacker, Cambiasso said Giovinco was feeling better, though after having the next few years of his career flash before his eyes, you can understand why Giovinco’s mind was moving into a better place.

“My tackle was late, no doubt,” Cambiasso told reporters after the match. “I apologized twice with Giovinco. My career speaks about me, I never wanted to harm him.”

Not wanting into harm somebody should go without saying, and it’s really irrelevant in this situation. If Cambiasso had wanted to hurt Giovinco, he may have executed his lunge in the exact way. If your actions would be same regardless of intent, why does intent matter? Perhaps somebody else think of a good answer; regardless, soccer players have to be more responsible about the dangers they pose to other players. The second he lunges, Cambiasso’s showing a level of disrespect to Giovinco.

It was the first straight red of Cambiasso’s Serie A career, so we have reason to bring out the old English cliché: the Argentine’s probably not “that kind of player.” And if Giovinco’s willing to look at things that way and accept Cambiasso’s apology, I suppose we should move on, too.

Monco

C.R.E.A.M
Mar 27, 2013
The banner says that Juventus is a putana and you have to pay 30 euros to do it on the field and 50 in the camper. It's just a word play with "30 sul campo".

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He's awesome. One of the most passionate Juventini (besides Badass_Devil) around. Love his commentary.

- - - Updated - - -

Admittedly, Inter had a great looking pre-match Choreo, but their vocal support throughout the game was fucking pathetic. Felt like a home game for us, we must have had over 10,000 fans there, all of them very vocal. Was awesome.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Easy for a support to fall flat when their team concedes early, especially when the side hasn't been doing well recently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)