[Serie A] Calciopoli Directors 1-1 JUVENTUS (September 14, 2013) (28 Viewers)

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
We must start autoritative,put pressing on them.We must play as a team ,a complete team ,and if we are concentrated ,sooner(better) or latter we will put a ball in their net.Everyone is important,everybody.Defence must be sharp and without mistakes,midfield especcially Vidal must be on his 100%.And of course we must be clinical and use our chances.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We must start autoritative,put pressing on them.We must play as a team ,a complete team ,and if we are concentrated ,sooner(better) or latter we will put a ball in their net.Everyone is important,everybody.Defence must be sharp and without mistakes,midfield especcially Vidal must be on his 100%.And of course we must be clinical and use our chances.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Disguised User Known as Antonio Conte

- - - Updated - - -

We got him :agree:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I wouldn't press.

I'd sit back and try to draw Inter out to try and make it a more open game.

Inter will want to stay deep and compact and just hit Juve on the break.

I would set out to make sure they can't do that, even if it significantly increases the chances of a 0-0 draw.

I'd be preaching patience to the Juve players before this one and making sure they don't over-commit.

Time to really test out these new forwards Juve have - can they win the game for Juve if they are pretty much left up the pitch without much support from the rest of the team?

I'd also be looking for a clear plan fom Juve on how to play against Alvarez and Palacio, because it's not obvious how to play against them with Juve's normal back three and that can lead to confusion. I'd be looking for either Barzagli or Chiellini to be very aggressive in going out to confront ALvarez - not leaving him as Pirlo's responsibility - leaving the other one of Barzagli and Chiellini to mark Palacio, with Bonucci left as sweeper.

Juve need to avoid getting their back three stretched out and making it easy for Inter to isolate Palacio one-on-one with Bonucci. That kept happening when Juve and Inter played in the US in pre-season.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I agree with you about Palacio.I still remember march game when we won 2-1 and his goal.He walked through our defence.I was so pissed of .I am not scared of Ricky at all.I still think that if we put a presurre on them they will lose their heads and eventually make mistake which will lead to our goal.Then also,attacking is the best defence but we must be 100% physically ready.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
I wouldn't press.

I'd sit back and try to draw Inter out to try and make it a more open game.

Inter will want to stay deep and compact and just hit Juve on the break.

I would set out to make sure they can't do that, even if it significantly increases the chances of a 0-0 draw.

I'd be preaching patience to the Juve players before this one and making sure they don't over-commit.

Time to really test out these new forwards Juve have - can they win the game for Juve if they are pretty much left up the pitch without much support from the rest of the team?

I'd also be looking for a clear plan fom Juve on how to play against Alvarez and Palacio, because it's not obvious how to play against them with Juve's normal back three and that can lead to confusion. I'd be looking for either Barzagli or Chiellini to be very aggressive in going out to confront ALvarez - not leaving him as Pirlo's responsibility - leaving the other one of Barzagli and Chiellini to mark Palacio, with Bonucci left as sweeper.

Juve need to avoid getting their back three stretched out and making it easy for Inter to isolate Palacio one-on-one with Bonucci. That kept happening when Juve and Inter played in the US in pre-season.
Yeah, that deep attack of Alvarez and Palacio could be a bit worrisome - more so if they manage to have Guarin make some intelligent runs forward when the two forwards succeed in pulling our back 3 shape apart.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Hit them like the first 30 minutes against Lazio & wrap the game up before they know what hit them.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Not gonna happen, I think. Matches against Inter are always very tight. It's been ages since we really thrashed them. Would love to see it, though.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Not gonna happen, I think. Matches against Inter are always very tight. It's been ages since we really thrashed them. Would love to see it, though.
Might just happen. I think I'll be in Oslo. I remember you mentioning a joint where they show Juve games :D

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
so Mazzarri was supposed to talk 1st in today's press conference but decided to "postpone" it to hear what Conte as to say.

:sergio:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)