[SERIE A] Cagliari - Juventus (21st September, 2008) (12 Viewers)

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
This is why squad depth is so important.
Last year if we played without Camoranesi, Zanetti, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Grygera/Zebina and 45 minutes without Buffon we'd have probably lost the match.

No reason to be so disappointed. This was almost our B team and even our A team players were bad (Sissoko, most of all).
That's the way to win a scudetto. Keep all your players fresh till the end of the season and winning 3 points in those matches where the best players are being rested/injured.

And Amauri.....what a player !!
It's hard (impossible) to find another player with such quick feet, such technique, so strong on the ground and unstoppable in the air.
We owe him 6 of the 7 points we won so far. If he played in Florence instead of Trez/Del Piero, we could've had 9 out of 9 today.

We played against a pathetically weak team today, i think our primavera would have won the game, however we had an ugly game and played too many useful long balls

But i'm fine with that, we got our 3 points, what really pissed me off is Ranieri, he's showing how unreasonable this man is, neglecting Gio is so dangerous, and insisting on playing Nedved and for the whole 90 mins is really indescribable

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
another one is Drogba
Oh shut up Chelsea boy!

Yes, i even wrote his name but then i edited it because Amauri is much better than Ibra in the air.
Indeed Amauri is a beast in that department. Ibrahimovic did improve there though, as he was probably as harmless as Giovinco in the air when he first came to Italy but now he is pretty decent.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
People here are missing the plot. I can't believe there isn't more reaction to the fact that Ranieri truly believes Molinaro is a good player and he will be our starter all season long. I can't believe there isn't more outcry against the fact we (supposedly) have one of the top talents in world football warming the bench for the likes of Marchionni while seemingly in yet another stupid contract dispute. Contract dispute or not, I don't care - this is utter bullshit.

More days will come where people here will say "don't worry Giovinco will play next match" or "don't worry Ranieri will use DC instead of Molinaro next match you're just a bunch of drama queens," et cetera. But... no. It's completely obvious we are stuck with using the same faces all season, so stop providing us with the excuses. I'll believe it when I see it.

Jun 13, 2007
We played against a pathetically weak team today, i think our primavera would have won the game, however we had an ugly game and played too many useful long balls

But i'm fine with that, we got our 3 points, what really pissed me off is Ranieri, he's showing how unreasonable this man is, neglecting Gio is so dangerous, and insisting on playing Nedved and for the whole 90 mins is really indescribable
Im guessing you mean "useless".

dao_nq

Feb 6, 2008
I really hope to see Marchisio shining today but he quite disappointed. I think his problem is lack of confidence. His passing was just OK today and he should have done better to put the ball quickly into two wings and into the box. His defense was under par which led him to foul on some occasions. He must be more decisive, more confident then he'll shine, I believe it.

Who surprised me the most today is not Amauri but Marchioni. He was quite solid in defense and really impressed in attacking. His passes was great, dangerous that created most of our chances today. What a come back from injuries!

Forza Amauri, IQ, Marchioni, Marchisio !!! Forza Juve

Jul 18, 2002
JUVENTUS

Buffon: 7: Was struggling with injury for most of the first half, but still managed to produce a superb save from Matri on the half-hour to keep the scores level. Forced off at the break for Manninger.

Salihamidzic: 6: Not a natural right back, and it showed at times. Was oufoxed by Matri when the striker forced a fine save out of Buffon.

Chiellini: 6.5: Not the all-conquering colossus that he was against Zenit in midweek but still a steady and solid match from the Euro 2008 star.

Mellberg: 7: Mellberg's best game since arriving in Turin in the summer. Made a number of fine interceptions and blocks, and coped comfortably with Acquafresca when he came on at half time.

Molinaro: 5: Had an awful first half, in which he was caught sleeping at a quick throw-in and also played a near-suicidal ball across his box. To his credit Molinaro improved in the second half.

Marchionni: 7: It is a miracle Marchionni lasted the 90 minutes given his injury record, but the winger was involved in many of Juve's best moments. His cross led to Amauri's goal, while another ball almost led to Iaquinta grabbing a second.

Marchisio: 6: Showed some nice touches, and held his own in the middle-of-the-park, but never really imposed himself on the game.

Sissoko: 6.5: Battled well in the middle-of-the-park, and was tough in the tackle. Had a good opening to the second half until he was taken off by Ranieri just shy of the hour mark.

Nedved: 7.5: Three full games in seven days for a 36-year-old was a big ask, but he surprisingly came through with flying colours. Nedved was excellent this afternoon, particularly in the second period where he went close to doubling Juve's lead.

Iaquinta: 6.5: Never stopped running and fighting all game as he usually does, and he was involved in the action for the goal. However, the World Cup winner's finishing needs to improve.

Amauri: 8: Really starting to pay back his hefty summer transfer fee is the Brazilian. This afternoon Amauri was a beast up-front, winning absolutely everything in the air. Took his goal well, meaning that he is Juve's matchwinner for the second Serie A matchday running.

Substitutes

Manninger: 7.5

Tiago: 6

De Ceglie: 6.5

Rating by -----> Carlo Garganese.. Source, GOAL.COM ... He gave a better rating to Sissoko this time than against Udinese and Zenit...!!! Huh? Is he on crack?

Apr 15, 2006
People here are missing the plot. I can't believe there isn't more reaction to the fact that Ranieri truly believes Molinaro is a good player and he will be our starter all season long. I can't believe there isn't more outcry against the fact we (supposedly) have one of the top talents in world football warming the bench for the likes of Marchionni while seemingly in yet another stupid contract dispute. Contract dispute or not, I don't care - this is utter bullshit.

More days will come where people here will say "don't worry Giovinco will play next match" or "don't worry Ranieri will use DC instead of Molinaro next match you're just a bunch of drama queens," et cetera. But... no. It's completely obvious we are stuck with using the same faces all season, so stop providing us with the excuses. I'll believe it when I see it.
im guess they know it's useless bitching about it here, cos CR's obsession with mediocrity will never end!

better luck starting a petition for the same!

Mar 28, 2007
Claudio Ranieri gave an injury update on Gigi Buffon and hailed Amauri as “a fantastic signing.”

The Brazilian scored the winner away to Cagliari this afternoon, a result that puts Juventus top of the table alongside Inter awaiting Lazio’s result tonight.

“He is a fantastic signing and a master of working the ball,” grinned Ranieri.

“Those who haven’t played as much have done very well so far and it isn’t easy to be ready when you are called.” - fuck. as if he did play giovinco

Juve made the trip without the injured David Trezeguet, Alessandro Del Piero, Mauro Camoranesi, Cristiano Zanetti, Jonathan Zebina and Zdenek Grygera.

“It would’ve been better if we had been able to get a more comprehensive result and put it under lock and key. - yes. it would have been better if not your starting 11 and stupidibilty of subs.

“Instead the game remained open until the very end and Cagliari had the chance to equalise with Alessandro Matri. - good that you knew it

“We weren’t at our best in front of goal, but on a pitch in poor condition it was difficult to pass the ball around the way we usually do.” - don't blame the team, blame yourself

Goalkeeper Buffon went off at half-time clutching the inside of his upper right thigh, making way for Alex Manninger.

“We will evaluate his condition tomorrow. I preferred not to risk it, so we’ll calmly look at the extend of the problem.” - every manager knew it... please.. don;t say until you are a pro manager. even serie D manager knows it.

Tiago Mendes made a rare appearance in the second half and Ranieri has not given up on the midfielder who refused moves to Everton, Monaco and Tottenham.

“Tiago has great technique and has shown himself to be open to helping out the team. Who knows, maybe this year without pressure he will be able to prove his quality.” - you were the one that say he is a flop player dont u?

full of bullshit by CR imo.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
“Tiago has great technique and has shown himself to be open to helping out the team. Who knows, maybe this year without pressure he will be able to prove his quality.” - you were the one that say he is a flop player dont u?
No, but he did let the player know he wasn't wanted.

Thats always the case with what he says.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Claudio Ranieri gave an injury update on Gigi Buffon and hailed Amauri as “a fantastic signing.”

The Brazilian scored the winner away to Cagliari this afternoon, a result that puts Juventus top of the table alongside Inter awaiting Lazio’s result tonight.

“He is a fantastic signing and a master of working the ball,” grinned Ranieri.

“Those who haven’t played as much have done very well so far and it isn’t easy to be ready when you are called.” - fuck. as if he did play giovinco

Juve made the trip without the injured David Trezeguet, Alessandro Del Piero, Mauro Camoranesi, Cristiano Zanetti, Jonathan Zebina and Zdenek Grygera.

“It would’ve been better if we had been able to get a more comprehensive result and put it under lock and key. - yes. it would have been better if not your starting 11 and stupidibilty of subs.

“Instead the game remained open until the very end and Cagliari had the chance to equalise with Alessandro Matri. - good that you knew it

“We weren’t at our best in front of goal, but on a pitch in poor condition it was difficult to pass the ball around the way we usually do.” - don't blame the team, blame yourself

Goalkeeper Buffon went off at half-time clutching the inside of his upper right thigh, making way for Alex Manninger.

“We will evaluate his condition tomorrow. I preferred not to risk it, so we’ll calmly look at the extend of the problem.” - every manager knew it... please.. don;t say until you are a pro manager. even serie D manager knows it.

Tiago Mendes made a rare appearance in the second half and Ranieri has not given up on the midfielder who refused moves to Everton, Monaco and Tottenham.

u forgot to highlight Amauri part

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)