[SERIE A] Cagliari - Juventus (21st September, 2008) (1 Viewer)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
The creativity ( not as in "creating chances" but more like "ball movement on the ground") is indeed a big problem.
Way too often we have no idea what to do with the ball and we end up losing it after Chiellini sends a long ball.

But i think that this can be solved without buying a CM who can pass the ball well. Technical player with a good vision that plays on the left side can solve this problem.
For us (hopefully) it will be Giovinco.
you hit, correction, you smashed the nail on the head with that point...this will be the MO

Cheillini --> Mellberg/Legro

Legro --> Sissoko/Poulsen

Sissoko/Poulsen --> Molinaro

Molinaro --> Chiellini

difficult long ball to FW, who fights hard but eventually loses the ball to opposing CBs

Buy on AliExpress.com

David01

Aug 20, 2006
we are not being helped by the pitches either, our home turf is aweful and the one at Cagliari was bad as well. This doesn't help a passing game and so they quickly pass in the air

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
its not about the pitch here...we have 2 DM ... + a nedved with a lack of creation and -camo..gio is the only midfield player who can creeate something, excluding camo of course.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Just another point i wanted to bring up. This game showed us how important either zanetti or poulsen to the team. We had a lot of problems controlling the tempo and the passing out of the back without that type of player.

Marchisio and mommo need that type of player alongside them because they do not have the positioning, passing range or discipline to do that role. They like to roam around and move forward with short passes.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
Just another point i wanted to bring up. This game showed us how important either zanetti or poulsen to the team. We had a lot of problems controlling the tempo and the passing out of the back without that type of player.

Marchisio and mommo need that type of player alongside them because they do not have the positioning, passing range or discipline to do that role. They like to roam around and move forward with short passes.
spot on

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006

:agree:

I really miss Zanetti. He's been out for more than a month and it seems like forever. I miss his presence. Hope he comes back in good shape and avoids injuries from now on. He is crucial for us. I miss those sweet assists from him and his calmness.

Jun 13, 2007
Actually we're supposed to be more creative than Zenit's game, as Marchisio is more creative than Poulsen, the same with Marchionni to Salih and Salih to Grygera

Our midfield is way stronger than theirs and we should have created more chances and won by more than one goal, instead we kept throwing long balls and playing slow boring and ugly football, eventually we won, but with this mentality we'll probably lose others

Yes I'm one of those desperate to see Gio playing, as I believe he can play a major role for Juve in the future, neglecting him can push him away, especially when he's wanted by many clubs

OK we got our 3 points, but there were some negative points and we shouldn't neglect them, like those who yell Ranieri rocks when we win and Ranieri sucks when we lose

I said absolutely nothing about the Zenit game, I was talking about our team in general. Pay attention please.

Our first team was understandably exhausted and you can't really expect miracles from a team that has been involved in extremely physical encounters against both Udinese and Zenit, only to have a third game later that week.

I understand you are desperate to see Gio play, but he just recovered from an injury before the game. Ranieri probably won't risk him right away.

No one is neglecting Giovinco, he'll get his chance to shine. Stop being so dramatic. Molinaro will lose his place to De Ceglie and that's a fact, even Ranieri isn't dumb enough to play Molinaro anymore.

Mar 9, 2006
The true is here - when Salernitana got relegated in 2005, Molinaro was signed by Juventus, so Moggi sign him to Juventus, right?! Then he was loaned on 2 years to Siena along with half of the player's rights, and in 2007 summer he was returned to Juve, started in 30 league matches, and was a first team regular.For example, why if he so bad, he was first team regular in Salernitana, then in Siena and now in JUVE ?! I really can't understand...he never played in U-19 or U-21 italian national team, he never had so much good words about him in papers, so i really don't know why Ranieri choosed him....i just rememba his 1 goal assist, it was cross on Camoranesi, when we lost to FIO 2-3 @ home last season.....De Ceglie is much better i think...but Molinaro is really OK to be bench player in JUVE ..

Jun 13, 2007
Juventino[RUS];1749827 said:
The true is here - when Salernitana got relegated in 2005, Molinaro was signed by Juventus, so Moggi sign him to Juventus, right?! Then he was loaned on 2 years to Siena along with half of the player's rights, and in 2007 summer he was returned to Juve, started in 30 league matches, and was a first team regular.For example, why if he so bad, he was first team regular in Salernitana, then in Siena and now in JUVE ?! I really can't understand...he never played in U-19 or U-21 italian national team, he never had so much good words about him in papers, so i really don't know why Ranieri choosed him....i just rememba his 1 goal assist, it was cross on Camoranesi, when we lost to FIO 2-3 @ home last season.....De Ceglie is much better i think...but Molinaro is really OK to be bench player in JUVE ..
Did you actually go through the trouble of wikepedia-ing this guy??

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The creativity ( not as in "creating chances" but more like "ball movement on the ground") is indeed a big problem.
Way too often we have no idea what to do with the ball and we end up losing it after Chiellini sends a long ball.
Well, I also believe that we struggle to create quality chances in front of goal as well. This stems from a lot of factors, from having making bad crosses (ehem Moli) to lack of movement by the midfield. When Camoranesi and Nedved are providing a lot of East/West runs through the center of the pitch, we are much better off. But when we're less liquid in movement, that's where we start pounding balls up top or relying on our backs to do the crossing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)