[SERIE A] Cagliari - Juventus (21st September, 2008) (2 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
But today, even if it wasn't his first time on Juve's bench in serie A, i have absolutely no objections he didn't play. That's because i'm sure he'd have played if Buffon wasn't injured and i'm also sure that even Del Piero wouldn't have played if he was on the bench and if Buffon and Marchisio got injured.

You're really making a drama out of nothing, and soon enough you'll realize that (when Giovinco WILL play in the next match).
I mean, come on, you were the most loud one in attacking Ranieri for not fielding Giovinco even when the kid was injured and unavailable.
It looks more like you're looking for an excuse to attack Ranieri than you're seriously worried about Giovinco.
There was no news about any injury, so that's why I was doing some questioning. Knowing Ranieri and the way we field our team, I doubted that Giovinco would get much playing time and I still don't think he will. Hopefully I'm wrong on this matter, we shall see, but I really think Giovinco would help our side out a lot. I'm not just trying to be a "doomsday troll" which the entire forum seems to hate now.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Go back to the old threads, its still the same people complaining about this shit regardless of how good the team was.
What's your point?

If you have forgotten, the reason why we never did shit in the Champions League with Capello is because we couldn't create shit against the better teams in the competition despite having potentially the most solid roster in the world. We had a real chance to win Europe with that squad, but we didn't. These same people you're talking about were worried that our mediocre play would come back to haunt us, and we were spot on about that matter because we set ourselves up for the European failure while everybody laughed at our "opinions."

Well, the same people who were laughing started crying pretty quickly and then apologized for doubting our concerns. If people want to laugh it up again, fine, hopefully for the good of the team they'll also have the last laugh.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The creativity ( not as in "creating chances" but more like "ball movement on the ground") is indeed a big problem.
Way too often we have no idea what to do with the ball and we end up losing it after Chiellini sends a long ball.

But i think that this can be solved without buying a CM who can pass the ball well. Technical player with a good vision that plays on the left side can solve this problem.
For us (hopefully) it will be Giovinco.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
this is the year of truth IMO. and to be honest i don't think CR will stay, last year we were the underdog and we had this spirit to prove ourselves again. this year it will be tough. i knew we just on agame with our B team but it was up against the weakest team in Serie A. Just thinking of the Real Madrid games make me worry. as the could hit us really hard if we weren't on our A game. IMO we could have a much creative team just by changing the formation but CR keep on the same tactics.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Moli is the worse player on the pitch

I don't think there is worse LB than Molinaro in Serie A
Maxwell/Chivu (Inter), Vargas/Pasqual(Fio), Jankulovski(Milan), Kolarov (Lazio), Riise (Roma), Balza (Palermo), Modesto (Genoa), Bombardini (Bologna), Pisano (Torino), Stankevicius (Samp), Domizzi/Felipe (Udinese), Mantovani (Chievo), Vitali (Napoli)...

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Moli is the worse player on the pitch

I don't think there is worse LB than Molinaro in Serie A
Maxwell/Chivu (Inter), Vargas/Pasqual(Fio), Jankulovski(Milan), Kolarov (Lazio), Riise (Roma), Balza (Palermo), Modesto (Genoa), Bombardini (Bologna), Pisano (Torino), Stankevicius (Samp), Domizzi/Felipe (Udinese), Mantovani (Chievo), Vitali (Napoli)...
Thats an overstatement. Surely hes our worst player on the pitch, but he can be starting material in most midtable teams. Hes just not juve material. Look on the bright side, DC is overtaking him its a matter of time. One more game

sidd

Sep 1, 2005
Allright, here`s a lil bit of objectivity to why gio dint play last night....just have a look at our fixture list.......we have catania at home in 2 days time and samp away next weekend....not to mention champions league 2 days later....so isnt it better that neddy gets a week of rest b4 the next game against samp? probably we`ll see gio against catania...........and molinaro`s like a injured horse whose just waiting to be shot..........worst player ever .!!!!

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
I've been banging away saying that for ages as well, yet people always laugh off concerns about creativity. And I'm sure people will defend Ranieri by saying it's too risky to have a creative player in the midfield who can't do much defending or tireless running. It's a guarantee we will lose points this season because we just don't have many ideas in midfield.

Gotta agree here. I love the player and all, but this is frankly ridiculous.
Actually, I think the opposite, that we will be able to grind results a la Capello (thanks to the strikers we have), but we can wave goodbye to a decent CL run.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
I kind of think Ranieri had intended to play Giovinco against Cagliari, but ran out of substitutions due to bad luck/poor tactics.

He didn't count on Buffon picking up a minor injury and wanting off at half time... fair enough. 1 substitution gone.

He didn't count on Molinaro giving another shitty performance even though everyone on this forum and most pundits could see it a mile away. There's substitution 2.

He also didn't count on Sissoko being tired and sloppy, despite the obvious facts that the man played 2 high tempo games in the last week, and is apparently observing religious rites that include fasting. This also made Marchisio play sloppier. Alas, substitute 3.

Both Iaquinta and Nedved were candidates to be substituted in the second half, but the three substitutes made were definitely more required.

Poor tactics led to Giovinco's absense and the rumor mill churning away.

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
come on man...dun b so negative, my friends.... this is a win. it is not like we lost the game....dont make it sound like we are cagliari, Lecce or bologna

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Guys,Andy,

I'm also mad about Gio not playing,but let give it few more games before we make conclusions...i agree we didn't have good games vs Zenit and Cagliari(first half especcially) but still we managed to win,so let's give CR few more games to see if we start to look better,if Gio plays,and then have more of an idea abiut the situation...it's only 4 games we played...
next Catania home,Samp away,Bate away,Palermo home.
another 4 games...we shall see;)

Forza Juve!

Edit:

Btw,Amauri is a BEAST!!
i mean,with all his height and size,he still fights for everyball air or on the ground,wins almost all of them,make passes,even help Defence sometimes,creates moves and ofcourse scores.
Grande Amauri,keep it up!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)