[SERIE A] Cagliari - Juventus (21st September, 2008) (1 Viewer)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I think this can be seen in two ways.

1. Yes Nedved is a golden ball winner, but isnt the players supposed to play judging by the form? And lets face it, Neddy has been in bad form.

2. If Giovinco isnt good enough to play/replace (his not even getting a sub role), then how come Marchisio is good enough? Isnt he also a young gun who should "earn" his place.

3. Then i watch other big clubs, how come other clubs manage to bring in new blood with no problems (messi, fabregas, even pato and balotelli)?

I wonder will Gio get his chance in Coppa italy??

And after reading this sh-t: http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=874609

you start wondering if Gio actually is replacing nedved or is our management actually thinking about future and gio is replacing dp, while someone else will replace Nedved. Then again, gio isnt exactly a striker.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
1 - Nedved isn't in bad form, playing 3 tough games in a short space of time will affect your performance, especially when the guy is in his mid-thirties

2 - Marchisio played a whole season starting for Juve in Serie B too..but Giovinco was fucked over in this game

3 - All of them absolutely required those kind of players for those positions at certain times, it was decided to give a youngster a chance, lucky for them it paid off, and it will for us too

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
1 - Nedved isn't in bad form, playing 3 tough games in a short space of time will affect your performance, especially when the guy is in his mid-thirties
But isnt that exactly the point for why Gio should already get his chance to replace (atleast sub) Nedved.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
It should have been done, but I guess I can see what Ranieri was thinking...we were already missing 3 important attacking players, he needed Pavel's skill and leadership for the match

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
let's say in this match if we would have played Molinaro-Gio or De Ceglie - Gio down that left flank. Doesn't that mean we would have had a major problem defending in that area? or do you people not consider things like that?

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
let's say in this match if we would have played Molinaro-Gio or De Ceglie - Gio down that left flank. Doesn't that mean we would have had a major problem defending in that area? or do you people not consider things like that?
by THAT logic Gio shouldnt play in any game this season, cause we only HAVE Molinaro and De Ceglie for Left flank. :sick:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Guys....THE FIRST GAME that Giovinco was available to play.
We're not talking about the entire season, we're talking about this one single match, while you make it sound like Giovinco will not get his chance at all.

Today he didn't start because in no way any coach would put Nedved on the bench and start with a 21 yo who never played for us (apart for some 30 minutes in serie B two years ago) and he didn't get his chance as a sub due to the obvious reasons.
Ronaldo didn't take Giggs place the moment he stepped on Old Trafford. I remember CR7's debut. He came in as a sub late in the game. When he proved that he can offer much more than Giggs, he took his place.
We know that Nedved is not the ballon d'or Neddy anymore. But you don't put someone like Nedved on the bench just like that. First someone else will have to prove that he deserves this place more than Nedved.

That's it, no need to make drama out of this.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Marchisio and Marchionni were bad? :disagree: :disagree:
Marchisio? c'mon, I thought he was terrible... his passing and fouling and everything went just wrong today. As for Marchionni, I disagree with the majority of you... he didn't impress me at all, specially in the first half.

Nedved because he runs ? Even Molinaro keep running the whole 90 minute when he plays :disagree: .
Molinaro isn't 36.... Molinaro can put a hardwork but transform it into 0, Nedved was trying to attack since the likes of Marchionni, Molinaro, Salihamidzic, Marchisio can't really pass and at the same time trying to defend and help out.... He doesn't work his ass off for nothing unlike Molinaro. thats the difference I'm talking about.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
by THAT logic Gio shouldnt play in any game this season, cause we only HAVE Molinaro and De Ceglie for Left flank. :sick:
No, I was pointing out that our midfield was being overrun today, so a Molinaro- Giovinco combo would have been tricky consideing the lack of protection from the midfield. If our midfield was the usual Sissoko-Zanetti/Poulsen duo then it would have been fine as one of our dms could drift to protect the left flank.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I thought we were pretty poor overall.....once again, the forwards received little help from the midfield and can't be expected to do everything themselves

I feel like a broken record that keeps repeating "we needed a creative middie....we needed a creative middie...." all we have is destroyers in the middle, who lack the quality of offensive football.

Marchisio and Momo we pretty poor, Neddy showed his age, and Marchionni was so-so, but I do have some hope that he will improve

Iaquinta had another off game, and Amauri did his best with what he was given

Chellini was solid, as was Mellberg, while Brazzo and Molinaro should change their soccer boots for rakes and lawnmowers, because the only time I want to see them on a football pitch is if they are there doing maintenance

Manninger is a decent backup to Gigi

RUINeri starting Molinaro over DC, throwing Tiago in the game after the insults, and Giovinco not getting into the game just re-affirm my opinion that this bumbling idiot isnt the right man to be in charge of our team.....not to mention just how poorly we played

If we play against Inter or any other decent team the way we played today, we are going to take a humiliating beating

Paolo Sosa said:
Guys u know that its ramadan right, obviously he is fasting so of course he wont play that good.
no disrespect to the man's religion, but if Momo is going to fast the entire day out of religious reasons, then he should be a TEAM PLAYER, and pull his ass out of the starting lineup, and let a well nourished player take his place !!

Really....the thought of not eating the entire gameday, and expect yourself to perform at 100%, how foolish can you be ??

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
I thought we were pretty poor overall.....once again, the forwards received little help from the midfield and can't be expected to do everything themselves

I feel like a broken record that keeps repeating "we needed a creative middie....we needed a creative middie...." all we have is destroyers in the middle, who lack the quality of offensive football.

Marchisio and Momo we pretty poor, Neddy showed his age, and Marchionni was so-so, but I do have some hope that he will improve

Iaquinta had another off game, and Amauri did his best with what he was given

Chellini was solid, as was Mellberg, while Brazzo and Molinaro should change their soccer boots for rakes and lawnmowers, because the only time I want to see them on a football pitch is if they are there doing maintenance

Manninger is a decent backup to Gigi

RUINeri starting Molinaro over DC, throwing Tiago in the game after the insults, and Giovinco not getting into the game just re-affirm my opinion that this bumbling idiot isnt the right man to be in charge of our team.....not to mention just how poorly we played

If we play against Inter or any other decent team the way we played today, we are going to take a humiliating beating

no disrespect to the man's religion, but if Momo is going to fast the entire day out of religious reasons, then he should be a TEAM PLAYER, and pull his ass out of the starting lineup, and let a well nourished player take his place !!

Really....the thought of not eating the entire gameday, and expect yourself to perform at 100%, how foolish can you be ?
?
guess CR should have kept him on the bench today it is his choice afterall, it really should have been Ekdal out there

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I've been banging away saying that for ages as well, yet people always laugh off concerns about creativity. And I'm sure people will defend Ranieri by saying it's too risky to have a creative player in the midfield who can't do much defending or tireless running. It's a guarantee we will lose points this season because we just don't have many ideas in midfield.

Really....the thought of not eating the entire gameday, and expect yourself to perform at 100%, how foolish can you be ??
Gotta agree here. I love the player and all, but this is frankly ridiculous.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
So Giovinco wasn't available to play against Viola yet he was on the bench? So we're registering players who are injured? :confused2
Frankly, i don't remember if he was on the bench in Firenze. I'll take your word for it.
If he was then Ranieri made a mistake back then for not fielding him instead of Del Piero in the second half.

But today, even if it wasn't his first time on Juve's bench in serie A, i have absolutely no objections he didn't play. That's because i'm sure he'd have played if Buffon wasn't injured and i'm also sure that even Del Piero wouldn't have played if he was on the bench and if Buffon and Marchisio got injured.

You're really making a drama out of nothing, and soon enough you'll realize that (when Giovinco WILL play in the next match).
I mean, come on, you were the most loud one in attacking Ranieri for not fielding Giovinco even when the kid was injured and unavailable.
It looks more like you're looking for an excuse to attack Ranieri than you're seriously worried about Giovinco.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)