[Serie A] Cagliari 2-0 Juventus, Nov 29th, 2009 (5 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
No point in posting a match report. There is nothing to report really. The worst part is that Ferrara actually thought the team tried hard in the 2'nd half and blamed the ref for the defeat. The man is clearly clueless :crazy: :moan:

In any case, our performance mirrored that of so many of our other games this season (about 10 or 12 of them). No ideas, lack of spirit, no creativity or invention, piss poor effort really. I don't understand where the somewhat convincing displays of the pre-season went.

Are Palermo, Cagliari, Napoli, and the like such strong outfits? I highly doubt it; we should be imposing ourselves on them, not chasing their players around the pitch like headless chickens. Even against Bologna, Udinese, Chievo, and Siena we struggled to see off the opponents (against Bolgona we eventually failed).

I have watched almost all our games this season, and none of our performances, bar one or two, were overly convincing! This is simply unacceptable for a team of Juve's calibre. I will probably sit through another 180 minutes of torture in the upcoming games against Inter and Bayern (although I should really just go to sleep).

We will finish the season in the top 4, but not based on merit, but simply because the quality of Serie A is piss poor now (as is evident in the performances of Serie A sides in Europe, except Fiorentina), and we are unfortunately one of the poorest performing sides in the league :sad: :wallbang:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Guardian

Dec 28, 2005
In midweek Juve lost to the French champions, yesterday they lost to Sardinian fishermen. No offence, I like fish. Next week - the calciopoli champions

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
As disgusting as the Bordeaux game?
Let's put it this way. Once in Vegas I got some advertisement handed to me on the Strip featuring a mostly naked Asian whore with the bolded words "You like suckee suckee?!?" on it.

To have enjoyed today's match against Cagliari, clearly you would have to like suckee suckee. We seem to be producing a lot of it these days.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Well, I can't defend Ciro Ferrara anymore. He has to go. The side is obviously in shambles and Ciro has run out of ideas to fix the problems. Marchisio on the left was doomed to fail, especially with Molinaro behind him, and pretty much every other dolt player we have not playing up to par. It almost seems that the players have also stopped caring, as if they already know the season is over. That's what rips me up the most, that apparently this side has lost all the heart it once had.

Clearly, as a club, we are not able to play decent attacking football, which is what Ciro originally wanted to do. After six straight years of playing lethargic, negative, pathetic and slow straight 4-4-2 football that consisted of mostly long balls, it has really destroyed our capability to step it up a level during tough matches, and has also made us dependent on that system. It's not unlike anything else in life where if you do something repeatedly for a number of years, it is difficult to break the habit. Just like dealing with alcoholism, you need people behind you that are strong individuals, able to support and force you in turning a new leaf. At Juventus, we have a bar with only two choices of drinks: one is the 4-4-2 long ball mixer, and the other is the Del Piero scotch. Unfortunately for us, we have been ordering the same drinks for years now, and we must break the habit. But the problem is, Ferrara is letting us sneak into the bar at night, becoming intoxicated all over again because of this dependency we have. He might not be a strong enough manager to lead us out of this drunken stupor.

Buffon - Not his fault. 6

Caceres - Mediocre in both areas of the game. 5.5

Cannavaro - Laughable. I hate your fucking guts. 3

Chiellini - Our best defender and still worked hard for the team with an apparent broken nose, but still makes silly errors with the ball. 6

Molinaro - Worst left-back in the league. 3

Sissoko - We might as well take him out after we go down a goal because this guy won't help us level. Send him down to the Primavera and teach him how to pass the ball and make smart decisions with it. 4.5

Poulsen - Did better than Sissoko but that's not saying anything. 6

Camoranesi - Certainly off form, not adding much besides reckless tackles and stupid yellows. 5

Diego - Put in some good balls but still not looking anything like the Diego from Bremen. Had a few shots but they were poor for his supposed class. 5.5

Marchisio - Added nothing, but that's to be expected, fielded out of position. 5

Amauri - Scored a goal but was offsides, should have done better there. Not much service but he still looks poor. 5.5

Del Piero - Very poor, still not ready to go as far as I'm concerned. 5

Giovinco - Only player we had to at least put some pressure on their flanks. Should have started. 6

Ferrara - If the team is losing its heart, you have to look here. Sorry Ciro. 0
Pretty much sums up my impressions. In the past month and a bit I've always stood up for Ferrara. The circumstances surrounding him (between the new team, injuries, underperformance and exprience) allowed me to give him some slack.

I will forgive many things considering whats happening but the only thing is the spirit and personality of the squad. At the end of the first half they had a shot of the players coming out and all their heads were down and look defeated. Honestly, we were 1-0 down to Calgiari with a whole half left. This is JUVENTUS Ffs, if we have one minute left we make something out of it.

Ciro looks like he lost the team. But these players take the blame as well. The only two players that actually showed some drive, passion and urgency were chiellini and caceras.

Tbh, i don't what we could do right now. Even if we bring in someone we say farewell to the season. So it tough either way.
What a shame. it's not like we are losing because we are technically weaker side. Players are mentally weak, they are losing because they don't give a shit.(apart from a few)

From club owners to players, REVOLUTION is needed.
Thats the big point we have. That is why we are seeing a side that is just giving up, and losing its collaboration once anything doesn't go its way. Its really sad because that is one thing we always pride ourselves with...personality and determination.

Mar 24, 2006
Are you still optimistic Albert? What are they feeding you there in Taiwan/Indonesia? :p
I wish i could eat Burger for my lunch everyday :D
NOO , rice is the best :p

"Always Be Optimistic,thankful & Faithful"

I don't know if I can feel this optimistic about this next game and the game after next, Albert :cry:

Lose the next 2 games and the season might just become a 50M Euro debacle ...
Bro,
my deepest confession for this season after looking for our progress so far , i wish we are out from CL and focus in Serie A , no way we can win CL this season , so i will be fine if we lose to Bayern but a win againts merdapezzodiputtana is a BIG MUST,no exception!

:bigscarf:

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
I watched the re-run of the game (against most folks here's advice) since the live game screened was merda-Firenze... And I know most of the bases have been covered in the previous posts.

The thing that I personally feel is the biggest problem is the lack of movement in the team. Diego is a class player but there's hardly ever any movement in front of him..the only player who seems they can move around is Giovinco and maybe IQ. Somebody mentioned how our players always receive the ball at a stand still and never in motion...that says it all

Anyway, why I decided to post is coz I realise these are very dark times for us and it's hard to see us turning this horrible corner but I feel we need to get behind these guys because they are mentaly in the trash can now and if the fans turn against them...I suppose it can only get worse. We've had horrible seasons before so we need to help these folk out...Its sad and I'm frustrated like everyone but we have to be strong (really strong)

FORZA JUVE

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
all this will be forgotten if we beat inter next weekend

even though were playin like balls with a stoner for a coach i still have faith that the inter game can turn things around for us

FORZA JUVE!!

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Once again, what can you say about such a game?

We are pretty vulnerable at the back (even more so when you compare it to the last 2 seasons), severely lack ideas going forward & have problems with our concentration on set pieces. We are definitely not looking like world beaters at the moment.

Buffon 5,5 - Should he have saved either goal? Maybe not, but I feel he could have done a little better.
Caceres 6 - One of the better players. And that says it all. Some nice tackles but his positioning still leaves a lot to be desired.
Cannavaro 4 - I don't know what happened but he looked very insecure. His worst game since his return, by far.
Chiellini 6,5 - All things considered he did quite good, if sloppy at times.
Molinaro 5,5 - A mixed game. His pace does give us options that Grosso can't provide us with, but we all know he's not a refined football player.
Sissoko 5,5 - The early yellow card made it a difficult game for him and it showed. Also lost possession a few times.
Poulsen 6 - Did what he could but it was almost impossible for him to find players to pass the ball to. No complaints about his defensive work.
Camoranesi 5 - You wouldn't say he played 90 min. Lights up the pitch at one moment, then completely disappears for a while. Over and over again.
Diego 5,5 - All our offensive moves went through him, so I can't fault his workrate. His decision making is poor though and so are his shots on goal.
Marchisio 5 - A 4-2-3-1 formation with Claudio as one of the "3"? Really? What can you honestly expect from him?
Amauri 4 - I know he doesn't get a lot of service, but when he does get the ball he screws it up anyway, so what's the difference. And why is it he finds it so difficult to get in a scoring position? He managed it only once (apart from set pieces) and it was a clear offside. Players such as DP & Trez are a lot more skilled when it comes to finding the right space(s).

Del Piero 5,5 - Quite poor, but at least we became somewhat dangerous when he was on the pitch.
Giovinco -
Tiago -

As bad as it is right now, our season can completely turn to shit in the next 10 days. Good times.

nabulio

Jan 31, 2008
dunno what to expect, okay it´s juve, but that doesn´t mean we can´t fire a coach. we are in deep crisis and in my view it started from the begining of the season. nothing has changed. we can´t beat inter nor bayern.

the situation would be much worse if we had a team of molinaros, but that´s isn´t the case. actually we have a very competitive squad but that doesn´t nean we have competitive team.

anyway forza juve even if we lose

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
I dont think there is an issue of Ciro and the team.
He did not lose players nor he will loose them any time now. He says to them what to do and they do, but problem is what he says to them.

We play almost 3 games a week, even for experienced coach would be difficult to prepare.

Also i am expecting after 1-2 more weeks to pick up as DP is back in action

Critics about Momo, fucking hell he was superman last few seasons

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
I don't feel like we are a big and feared team anymore.

The worst feeling I've ever felt since so long.

Fuck everyone behind this.

P.S. Please don't tell me don't say that on our team/players, just keep your cute comments to yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)